Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

As I walked through the snowy streets of Washington D.C. this morning, each step brought me closer to where thousands gathered for the 51st annual March for Life. And the closer I got, the louder the songs, cheers, and laughter became. This march wasn’t just a gathering, but a beacon of light shining in a desperate and dark world.
From east to west, America was well represented. Despite the constant flurries, pro-lifers came passionately to the nation’s capital to proclaim that this fight is not over until the “laws reflect the basic truth that all life has value,” insisted Jeanne Mancini, president for the March for Life Education and Defense Fund.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) was one of the first to take the stand and speak. “[This] event is a beautiful picture of America,” he said looking out over the crowd. He explained how our Founding Fathers knew from the beginning that our rights come from God, not the government. As such, “Every person has inestimable dignity and value,” he declared. The Declaration of Independence, as Johnson emphasized, is a document that proclaims all men are created equal. “Not born equal,” he insisted. “Created equal.”
Johnson shared how he was an unplanned pregnancy, and it was just before Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973 that his parents chose life. His story echoed the same truth that many others shared. Two women spoke about their unplanned pregnancies and credited the passionate men and women of local pregnancy centers for choosing life too. As Representative Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said, “Pregnancy centers are an oasis of love.” He expressed that respect, love, and care is what persuades a woman to choose life, and that is at the heart of the pro-life movement.
The message couldn’t be any clearer: Pro-life work matters. As the speakers pointed out, our work is just beginning. There are people out there who need hope. And it’s the pro-life movement that offers it to them. Many in attendance testified to the way this hope has grown over the years — especially since Roe v. Wade was overturned.
Zach Sprouse, a former intern at Family Research Council, attended his third March for Life this year. According to Sprouse, the march has changed significantly since the overturning of Roe. Before, the march was “very determined [and] Roe-focused,” he shared with The Washington Stand. But the following year, after the Dobbs victory, the event was “a celebration and worship with” an emphasis that there’s still much to do.

I pray that more and more pregnant women every year understand that there is a precious, innocent life within their womb.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
"There are people out there that need hope! So, when they are at their lowest point of their lives after painful and unwanted experiences, it is absolutely crucial that we take away ANY possibility of them not having to relive the trauma unwillingly."

• Wow
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
"There are people out there that need hope! So, when they are at their lowest point of their lives after painful and unwanted experiences, it is absolutely crucial that we take away ANY possibility of them not having to relive the trauma unwillingly."

Orwellian Doublespeak.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I like how all the people quoted in the OP are all men.
So what?

All men are former fetuses and have a right to speak out against the evils of abortion.

It takes two to tango.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I just found it interesting is all.

I would never say they don't have that right.

But only has to give up their body.
No one is "giving up their body." They chose to have sex. They choose to deal with the consequences of their actions. Period.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Abortion only further traumatizes women. They need real help.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the woman is.

In most cases, though not always. This impacts the woman much more than a man, wouldn't you agree?

And if that choice is to end an unwanted pregnancy?
Nope. The woman chose to have sex with a man, she is not giving up her body. It's just a natural consequence of her action. Not ready to be a parent? Don't have sex. Period. Birth control fails, but it does not justify an abortion. Choosing to end a pregnancy is very selfish.

Support or approval for abortion is forbidden here.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. The woman chose to have sex with a man, she is not giving up her body. It's just a natural consequence of her action. Not ready to be a parent? Don't have sex. Period. Birth control fails, but it does not justify an abortion. Choosing to end a pregnancy is very selfish.

I don't think the government has the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. That isn't approving of abortion, that's respect for women's bodies.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the government has the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. That isn't approving of abortion, that's respect for women's bodies.
It is NOT her body. Period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If the woman doesn't want to have a baby, she should give it up for adoption. Choosing to kill the baby is incredibly selfish.

Forcing women to be pregnant isn't really an ethical solution, either. Pregnancy isn't without risks or complications.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Forcing women to be pregnant isn't really an ethical solution, either. Pregnancy isn't without risks or complications.
Did she choose to have sex? No one "forced" her to be pregnant. It's just a consequence of her action.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. The woman chose to have sex with a man, she is not giving up her body.
Not in every case. You're aware that happens, right?
It's just a natural consequence of her action. Not ready to be a parent? Don't have sex. Period. Birth control fails, but it does not justify an abortion.
I'm not sure what business it is of yours or more importantly, the government's if a woman decided to be a parent or not, have sex with ten men or one or none at all, use birth control or procure an abortion. Using the state to limit or control a woman's choices in these matters is also immoral, in my opinion.
Choosing to end a pregnancy is very selfish.
So is forcing an unwanted pregancy.
Then how are we supposed to have a discussion?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Not in every case. You're aware that happens, right?

I'm not sure what business it is of yours or more importantly, the government's if a woman decided to be a parent or not, have sex with ten men or one or none at all, use birth control or procure an abortion. Using the state to limit or control a woman's choices in these matters is also immoral, in my opinion.

So is forcing an unwanted pregancy.

Then how are we supposed to have a discussion?
People need to take responsibility for their actions. Once your action affects someone else, like an unborn baby, then it becomes someone else's business. It's called being an adult.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Did she choose to have sex? No one "forced" her to be pregnant. It's just a consequence of her action.

So pregnancy is a potential punishment for sexual behavior? That doesn't seem like a healthy attitude towards sexuality.

FWIW, I think abortion is bad. That's why I plan to never have one. But presuming to tell other people what to do with the most intimate part of their lives is also bad.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0