Texts that get misinterpreted to imply the ten commendments. (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am no SDA, I am a dispensational Lordship Salvationist (like John MacArther, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, etc, etc)
When did you leave the SDA organization?

Incidentally there must not be much if any difference as they appear to have the exact same theology.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

I was just curious, forgive me if you were offended by a simple question. Would you like to ask me? I will show you that it would not bother me, as a woman, I know who I am, and am not easily offended by a simple question. SH.:)
Don't bother, often on debate forums, when people won't answer, they act out the offended weak conscience theme. I don't mean this towards anyone here, just a broad based observation. Oddly enough, it is after all a debate section, yet, the law proponents, while they push a doctrine, will then turn around seeking to stop debate, call up on the over exhausted, misused Romans 14 text, to quell debate, as they act "offended", and threaten others with the now famous report button. High school debate tactics for sure.

If one is going to act out a weak conscience motif continually, one would be best to go to a fellowship forum, and leave the debate world behind, until one matures a bit, in his weakness.

Again, spoken in generalites here, no offense at anyone who may introject this post in their weakness.:)

Upvote 0

seekertruth72

Apr 28, 2012
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't bother, often on debate forums, when people won't answer, they act out the offended weak conscience theme. I don't mean this towards anyone here, just a broad based observation. Oddly enough, it is after all a debate section, yet, the law proponents, while they push a doctrine, will then turn around seeking to stop debate, call up on the over exhausted, misused Romans 14 text, to quell debate, as they act "offended", and threaten others with the now famous report button. High school debate tactics for sure.

If one is going to act out a weak conscience motif continually, one would be best to go to a fellowship forum, and leave the debate world behind, until one matures a bit, in his weakness.

Again, spoken in generalites here, no offense at anyone who may introject this post in their weakness.:)

You guys never responded to my post, instead you talk about the poster, this is against the rules. Instead of responding to the post you are attacking the integrity of the poster.

You are actually doing what you are accusing others of. Responding from weakness

Now instead of being on topic, we are off topic

Diversionary tactic possibly.

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

You guys never responded to my post, instead you talk about the poster, this is against the rules. Instead of responding to the post you are attacking the integrity of the poster.

You are actually doing what you are accusing others of. Responding from weakness
I said it was a general post, please don't introject it, I was not speaking to you, thanks!

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this whole thread proves the point, sin law, sin law, conexion..as the British say..

if we are talking law, we are talking sin.

That is an oft repeated claim. Sin and more importantly what we learn about the 'cause' of sin, temptation of the tempter, assuredly reacts within and does so internally because of the LAW or any of Gods Words.

Jesus was clear about what happens where The Word is sown in Mark 4:15. One does not avoid that internal confrontation by dodging Law or thinking Grace Words don't cause the same problem.

Jesus said where WORD is sown.
Not just law.

The Law and the Prophets contain many other matters as has been also noted prior by Jesus:

Matthew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Believers can claim that the law is only X. There is no doubt that the adversary of our souls maintains an adverse relationship with Law AND Gods Words. And some will even go further and see the futility of trying to make the adversary legal or obedient.

The Law and the Prophets also contain matters of righteousness apart from Law. Matters of Grace. Matters of forgiveness. Matters of Hope. Matters of LOVE.

The adversary doesn't care to hear or practice any of these matters. And so, believers not seeing the above end up in the first square. Denial of Gods Words. The adversary will not let them go any further. And that operator and operation transpires 'within.' Very few are allowed to see this matter. And they can't unless and until they 'get real' about what goes on inside of them. And only God can provide that sight. Others may say, see, it's right there. But in the end only God can Give The Light He has to give.

Til then God remains in contention with the enemy of our soul. There is no formulamatic way around this fact. No package from Mr. Grace preacher down the street is doing anyone any favors by overlooking the obvious.
The gospel is the power over sin, not law, as all these posts prove, sin law, sin law...
And some can be shown that factually there are other matters in Law. Many. There are ways shown therein on how God deals with the adversary OR how God will allow the adversary to rule over the heart whether under Law or Grace and what will end up happening to them. Israel landed in Babylon over matters of internal sin and dishonesty.

God does not bless any such hearts, but sends them into blinded captivity and DENIAL.

There are more interesting things going on. And God has provided His Patterns and Ways for any led into His Words.

His Way will not land in denial of His Own Words

When the people of Israel were read the LAW in the days of Nehemiah, they wept because they saw that God did deal with lawlessness 'in Israel.'

And God does deal with lawlessness in whomever it is found. Whether under Law or under Grace. Using Grace as a cover for the adversary doesn't fool God one bit.

In the end, all Word first and foremost is a test of honesty. It is a test to see who wants to stand before God with a WHOLE HEART.

Those who stand before Him claiming a legal, faithful obedient tempter within or a tempter within under Grace? Nah. It ain't gonna happen. I'm certainly not saying any such will not be saved. That is not how God sees any of us.

This is His Factual Sight of any believer, in their lump of flesh:

[believer and the tempter]

Seeing only this, how God sees us, will lead to living a better life. A life not bound into DECEPTION but divided from our enemy within in Truth.

All this stuff that has divided the churches really doesn't revolve around the jots and tittles of the disagreements whatsoever. It is only the working in RED being continually and perpetually shown in different external manifestations.

Those who are divided will learn to love each others regardless of the working in red.

His Love is all that counts. Love aggravates the tempter, to his demise, and in the end, will be Gods Way of his destruction.

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

One sits claiming their sin of the tempter legally obedient within under Law. The other spreads Grace upon same and denies Gods Words.

And all remain locked into contention and division, not seeing what really happened within them. They all condemn each others. There is the showing of what is in them. Or they deny The Word. There is another showing.

These too have Divine Reasons behind them.

Psalm 11:5
The LORD trieth the righteous

God Is Love. And Love seeks to enter the temple more and more. As much as we can take.

Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

Psalm 119:140
Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Psalm 145:20
The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

Proverbs 8:
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

enjoy!

squint

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That is an oft repeated claim. Sin and more importantly what we learn about the 'cause' of sin, temptation of the tempter, assuredly reacts within and does so internally because of the LAW or any of Gods Words.

Dude, I don't want to read a book now, but u r wrong, the law were the words, and the words aroused sin, God wanted man to see law futility..THE LAW WAS ADDED TO INCREASE THE TRESPASS, ROM 5.20, GO READ IT.

LOOK AT WHAT THE WORD DID...

IS THIS THE WORD? THOU SHALL NOT? SIN USED WHAT? PAAAALEEEEEASE!

7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Source Scripture
Sounds like I hear slinging now?
You responded to someone who was talking to me, then you asked me not to that very thing. Do you have anything to say about my post or would you like to stay off topic?
How was he off topic? Just curious

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus fuldilled the Law by being our perfect sacrifice, He did not do away with it. Believe as yoiu will, God is love and we can do anything we wish, most forget about judgement and justice who believe this lie but to each their own as I have reakized that people will believe anything they wish and no amount of trying will change that so enjoy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seekertruth72

Apr 28, 2012
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just out of curiousity young man, how long have you been studying, if you do, the Bible? Thanks, SH.

This is inuendo. If i read the bible? Not talking about anyone here but...

Please.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude, I don't want to read a book now, but u r wrong, the law were the words, and the words aroused sin, God wanted man to see law futility..THE LAW WAS ADDED TO INCREASE THE TRESPASS, ROM 5.20, GO READ IT.

LOOK AT WHAT THE WORD DID...

IS THIS THE WORD? THOU SHALL NOT? SIN USED WHAT? PAAAALEEEEEASE!

7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead.

Well froggy, you have been shown MANY times that the LAW contains matters applicable to NEW TESTAMENT believers.

Every precept taught in the N.T. comes from the Old Testament.

Jesus, The Living Word of the OLD TESTAMENT.

Matthew as one example, nearly 200 Old Testament references. Paul in Romans, over 100 references to the OLD TESTAMENT.

If you want to claim matters of JUDGMENT, MERCY, FAITH, GRACE, HOPE, FORGIVENESS and LOVE are not 'in the Law' Jesus and the Apostles testify themselves against what you see and claim.

And if you can't see it, you can't see it.

Nothing I can do about that, really. Other than to compare your statements to their facts and say hmmmm? Doesn't add UP.

s

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is the topic about how long this poster has been reading the bible? Is the topic about why i didn't answer the question about the same thing?
This is inuendo. If i read the bible? Not talking about anyone here but...

Please.
How can one seriously debate Theology without having read the Bible? :confused:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well froggy, you have been shown MANY times that the LAW contains matters applicable to NEW TESTAMENT believers.

Every precept taught in the N.T. comes from the Old Testament.

Jesus, The Living Word of the OLD TESTAMENT.

Matthew as one example, nearly 200 Old Testament references. Paul in Romans, over 100 references to the OLD TESTAMENT.

If you want to claim matters of JUDGMENT, MERCY, FAITH, GRACE, HOPE, FORGIVENESS and LOVE are not 'in the Law' Jesus and the Apostles testify themselves against what you see and claim.

And if you can't see it, you can't see it.

Nothing I can do about that, really. Other than to compare your statements to their facts and say hmmmm? Doesn't add UP.

s

did the word of God, the command, arouse sin?

was sin dead, apart from the command?

yes or no?

Upvote 0

seekertruth72

Apr 28, 2012
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How can one seriously debate Theology without having read the Bible? :confused:

I think it would be better to address the question or comment and prove whether it comes from scripture or not, rather than just ask irrelevant questions.

Someone can read the bible a thousand times and be wrong, how many times someone has read the bible or how long bears no relevance to the question or statement of the poster

The pharisees knew the bible well and so does Satan, it means nothing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.