Texts that get misinterpreted to imply the ten commendments. (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a very bold line between maintaining, even building UP the deposit of faith, and outright trying to eliminate it or eradicate it or to steal it away from another believer on the basis of LAW.

Many who step into LAW forget that the LAW is not given as an intention to wipe out and take the deposit of faith from any believer.

Unfortunately they don't see the line very well and many law handlers end up in a very bad light and way themselves.

If believers want to play the "I am legally obedient" game, they would all do themselves well to remember that none of us can say we have no sin.

From that foundation of honesty better things can be seen in the Law that will not seek to take faith from any believer or cast doubt into their salvation.

No one becomes sinless under Law. When 'law handlers' forget this simple lesson of Law, they end up promoting or trying to eternally kill or burn other believers alive in fire on the basis of LAW.

One can not try to pry out anyones faith more than that, by using that particular blunt instrument tool against another, when they too have sin.

It's the epitome of the leaven of hypocrisy
that Jesus warned us all to be wary of.

s

we all Sin, but we don't live in sin. The Bible says "He who does righteous is righteous."

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Are you guys actually reading my posts? I already said they sinned and those sins were atoned for.

The apostles taught Gods will, and apparently part of that is obeying your conscience concerning law and walk charitably with those that are weak.

but everyone can see, you validate my point, they in all actuality did not keep the law the way u mean it, or they would not have gone for atonement..:D

"keep the law" just meant they kept the whole legal system..

feel free to ask more, i will be happy to show ya more..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we all Sin, but we don't live in sin. The Bible says "He who does righteous is righteous."

Yeah, no logical fallacy there is there. Why don't you just say you have it as a fact? What is the 'live in' part?

We either have sin or we don't. None are 'intermittently sinless' that I recall.

We all sin. That's the end measure of the scriptures on the death side of the ledgers that most will take as a certain fact.

Why then do we use 'sin' that we all have as a basis for possible non salvation? Or the Law that proves the fact of same sin as a basis for salvation?

I have no issues with any of Gods Words. They are all true and applicable.

The only question is 'how?'

s

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
so have you ever debated free grace versus lordship salvation before? Something I learned from websites.

well...if it is not free, it is earned, so yeah, free grace is a biblical principle.

KJV Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Upvote 0

seekertruth72

Apr 28, 2012
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
but everyone can see, you validate my point, they in all actuality did not keep the law the wat u mean it, or they would not have gone for atonement..:D

"keep the law" just meant they kept the whole legal system..

feel free to ask more, i will be happy to show ya more..:thumbsup:

No, the fault is yours, you misunderstand.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, no logical fallacy there is there. Why don't you just say you have it as a fact? What is the 'live in' part?

We either have sin or we don't. None are 'intermittently sinless' that I recall.

We all sin. That's the end measure of the scriptures on the death side of the ledgers that most will take as a certain fact.

Why then do we use 'sin' that we all have as a basis for possible non salvation? Or the Law that proves the fact of same sin as a basis for salvation?

s

naaaaa.....u don't understand progressive revelation, even angels long to see these things about grace, 1 peter 1:12...

Daniel did not even understand the prophecies, read it , u will see it near the end of the book, and read this too..why does it say prophets heard in a fragmentary way, and why did Paul say things that were hidden in ages past in Eph 3? Why? U don't let the NT interp the OT.

Heb 1:1 WHEN IN FORMER TIMES God spoke to our forefathers, he spoke in fragmentary and varied fashion through the prophets.

Again, you approach to the text is frozen in a 1 dimensional sphere, with all due respect, love, and humilty, with courtesy.:) teacher frogster.:D:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

s

We sin but we don't make a practice of sinning (keep on sinning the same stuff). We slowly but surely get better and better.

"18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. " 1 john 5:18 ESV

6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:6-9 ESV

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We sin but we don't make a practice of sinning (keep on sinning the same stuff). We slowly but surely get better and better.

"18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. " 1 john 5:18 ESV

6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:6-9 ESV

I'm not fond of any of the above paraphrasing. The KJV is much better.

The fact is to enter into faith brings the testing of the tempter within the mind and heart. This is why we can not say we 'have no sin' as a present tense working. These are not just matters of us, alone, as believers.

There is another 'testing party' involved within us as well. And no Good Word of God will avail to the good of that working or worker.

This is difficult to understand because most readers do not take into account the 'other party' to whom not only the Law, but Grace remains firmly committed against. And that is the condition of every believer.

Under test for refinements. We are led from Grace to Grace to live better lives apart from that working. That doesn't mean we are not assaulted within.

Jesus taught a simple principle in the Gospels. Where the Word is sown, Satan enters the heart, to steal, to kill, to deceive and to destroy.

To insulate ones self from that matter is to be blinded to certain facts. We never make that working 'legal, obedient or faithful.'

And that working does transpire within. The only question is if it is seen or not. Acknowledged or not. It's an unseen internal matter.

If we see that matter as a matter of fact, we also see 'who' the Law is against and Grace is against same. There is no variance in this measure.

s

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The fact is to enter into faith brings the testing of the tempter within the mind and heart. This is why we can not say we 'have no sin' as a present tense working. These are not just matters of us, alone, as believers.

There is another 'testing party' involved within us as well. And no Good Word of God will avail to the good of that working or worker.

This is difficult to understand because most readers do not take into account the 'other party' to whom not only the Law, but Grace remains firmly committed against. And that is the condition of every believer.

Under test for refinements. We are led from Grace to Grace to live better lives apart from that working. That doesn't mean we are not assaulted within.

Jesus taught a simple principle in the Gospels. Where the Word is sown, Satan enters the heart, to steal, to kill, to deceive and to destroy.

To insulate ones self from that matter is to be blinded to certain facts. We never make that working 'legal, obedient or faithful.'

And that working does transpire within. The only question is if it is seen or not. Acknowledged or not. It's an unseen internal matter.

If we see that matter as a matter of fact, we also see 'who' the Law is against and Grace is against same. There is no variance in this measure.

s
Funny because in my KJV greek dictionary it gave the code:

PIA

present indicative active

"every good tree bringeth forth good fruit" Math 7:17

"The present indicative asserts something which is occurring while the speaker is making the statement" & "Active voice represents the action as being accomplished by the subject of the verb (as opposed to passive)"

The mood is indicative
The Tense is present
The Voice is Active

for both 1 John 5:18 "sinneth"

and

1 John 3:6 = "sinneth"

from
Greek Zodhiates Dictionary

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny because in my KJV greek dictionary it gave the code:

I was speaking of the texts you cited regarding 'continuing' in sin.

The KJV is much more frank:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

It's a much tighter funnel.

s

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking of the texts you cited regarding 'continuing' in sin.

The KJV is much more frank:

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

It's a much tighter funnel.

s

King James Version (KJV)

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin"

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Again from my Greek KJV dictionary (Zodhiates)

"The phrase, used in verse nine, "does not commit sin" is in the present tense denoting continuous action."

"the correct translation of 1 John 3:8 should be, "the one who habitually, deliberately, easily and maliciously " (sins)

the rest of the verses quoted in other post are also in present tense denoting continuous action.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King James Version (KJV)

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin"

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Again from my Greek KJV dictionary (Zodhiates)

"The phrase, used in verse nine, "does not commit sin" is in the present tense denoting continuous action."

So does this:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Have. Present tense holding.

s

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

s
I'm embarrassed for both of you. Neither one of you has a clue about what is actually going on here, one believes in the awful minority view of the SDA teaching along wth Ellen White, and another has a twisted chronologically distorted view of the Bible, I am ashamed of both of you! SH.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.