Texts that get misinterpreted to imply the ten commendments. (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How can one seriously debate Theology without having read the Bible? :confused:

that is just it...lol..there is sooo much i can say here....

can someone debate with limited bible knowledge?

ummmm..yeah, but there is no..oh nevermind...:D

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
did the word of God, the command, arouse sin?

was sin dead, apart from the command?

yes or no?

You are again welcome to engage the many very certain facts put forth.

I just compare what you present to what Jesus and the Apostles gave us.

They did not provide us with 'your claims.' The claim then doesn't add up.

You are welcome to hold those claims. Not my call. Truthful measures have been provided.

s

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus fuldilled the Law by being our perfect sacrifice, He did not do away with it. Believe as yoiu will, God is love and we can do anything we wish, most forget about judgement and justice who believe this lie but to each their own as I have reakized that people will believe anything they wish and no amount of trying will change that so enjoy

no temple, no law, they got the law off the priesthood, heb 7:11.

Just know that we are of precircumcised Abraham, rom 4, no boasting, no judaism, no law, no lineage, no nationalism, no ethnocentricity, no racism.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You are again welcome to engage the many very certain facts put forth.

I just compare what you present to what Jesus and the Apostles gave us.

They did not provide us with 'your claims.' The claim then doesn't add up.

You are welcome to hold those claims. Not my call. Truthful measures have been provided.

s

does it say, sinful passiopns by law, and when the command came, sin revived, and sin used the command, the law that was added to increase trespass? yes or no?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does it say, sinful passiopns by law, and when the command came, sin revived, and sin used the command, the law that was added to increase trespass? yes or no?

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Why would any person seek to TAKE AWAY Gods Words?

hmmmm?

I'll have to think for about a nanosecond on that one.

s

Upvote 0

seekertruth72

Apr 28, 2012
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont see any here that are willing to give up meat for their brethren, paul did. Or am i mistaken? And paul sure never made fun of his brethren who observed food laws because he knew it would hurt them. He knew what charity was, he wasnt a hypocrite like some, im not talking about anyone here though. ;)

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
no temple, no law, they got the law off the priesthood, heb 7:11.

Just know that we are of precircumcised Abraham, rom 4, no boasting, no judaism, no law, no lineage, no nationalism, no ethnocentricity, no racism.
If there is no Law then how did Satan get kicked out of heaven? Why are not all saved for without the Law there is no knowledge of sin.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The premise of Marcionism is that many of the teachings of Christ are incompatible with the actions of the God of the Old Testament.

Focusing on the Pauline traditions of the Gospel, Marcion felt that all other conceptions of the Gospel, and especially any association with the Old Testament religion, was opposed to, and a backsliding from, the truth.

He further regarded the arguments of Paul regarding law and gospel, wrath and grace, works and faith, flesh and spirit, sin and righteousness, death and life, as the essence of religious truth. He ascribed these aspects and characteristics as two principles, the righteous and wrathful God of the Old Testament, who is at the same time identical with the creator of the world, and a second God of the Gospel, quite unknown before Christ, who is only love and mercy.[7]

His theology, which rejected the deity described in the Jewish Scriptures as inferior or subjugated to the God proclaimed in the Christian gospel, was denounced by the Church Fathers and he was excommunicated. His rejection of many books contemporarily considered Scripture in the catholic part of the church prompted this church to develop a Catholic canon of Scriptures. "

Many shades of Marcionism have sprung up again. Nothing new under the sun.

s

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus fuldilled the Law by being our perfect sacrifice, He did not do away with it. Believe as yoiu will, God is love and we can do anything we wish, most forget about judgement and justice who believe this lie but to each their own as I have reakized that people will believe anything they wish and no amount of trying will change that so enjoy

You have it all twisted a bit....
Jesus fulfilled the law by dying for our sins. The law does not condemn those who are in Christ Jesus.Rom 8:1-11

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You have it all twisted a bit....
Jesus fulfilled the law by dying for our sins. The law does not condemn those who are in Christ Jesus.Rom 8:1-11
Only because the Law is written on their hearts. In Christ or Christ in them? There is a difference. Also Hebrews the sixth chapter points to salvation and the loss thereof

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Only because the Law is written on their hearts. In Christ or Christ in them? There is a difference. Also Hebrews the sixth chapter points to salvation and the loss thereof

laws written? What laws? Are gentiles bound to jewish food laws, and ferstivals? We need a definitioon of what laws are written?:)

Actually the whole thrust of hebrews was a rebuke, for going back to the abolished old cov, heb 10:9, says abolishes the first...:).

that cov is over, let me know if you would like citations to prove it.:)

The jewish christians in Antioch, were living as gentiles, let me know if you would like citations.:)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If there is no Law then how did Satan get kicked out of heaven? Why are not all saved for without the Law there is no knowledge of sin.

Scripture, and NT usage from Paul, and Abraham, totally fly in the face of the MJ doctrine. Imagine, gentiles thinking they are jewish, and trying to live out Judaism? paleeeease!

Go ahead, give me 1 verse from Paul, using Abe, that does not take down this whole law notion, and imposing judaism on the body of Christ, look in Rom 4, and 9, and gal 3 and 4, taaaaint there:D

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
this whole thread proves the point, sin law, sin law, conexion..as the British say..

if we are talking law, we are talking sin.

The gospel is the power over sin, not law, as all these posts prove, sin law, sin law...
Not only so but also , it is talking about religion and not relationship . It misses the point of the Gospel and the New Covenant .

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not only so but also , it is talking about religion and not relationship . It misses the point of the Gospel and the New Covenant .

I agree, and law fixation, shows relationship deprivation. I guess jesus is a rule book?:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree, and law fixation, shows relationship deprivation. I guess jesus is a rule book?:D
Many actually say He is . WHy would one willingly worship paper and ink ? Especially when they know ( or should know ) that all of the originals are are nonexistant as far as all know . They have no basis to believe that what they have are accurate translations of accurate copies . Yet , they will worship what they have in their hands and not the One who is willing to relate to them one-on-one .

Upvote 0

IOWLBNIF

Repenter
Jun 13, 2012
Lubbock, TX
✟823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many actually say He is . WHy would one willingly worship paper and ink ? Especially when they know ( or should know ) that all of the originals are are nonexistant as far as all know . They have no basis to believe that what they have are accurate translations of accurate copies . Yet , they will worship what they have in their hands and not the One who is willing to relate to them one-on-one .

show me someone who bows at the bible lol

im sorry as for me, im not willing to endanger my soul because someone can "relate" to me

people are people. and can relate to anyone about anything

all people are the same, to an extent...

generally speaking

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When did you leave the SDA organization?

Incidentally there must not be much if any difference as they appear to have the exact same theology.

bugkiller

never attended SDA, just a pentecostal evangelical fundamentalist dispensationalist lordshipper.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.