Texas GOP still opposes legalization of Sodomy.

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We will never agree, and it's best if we just separate from each other.....it will eventually come to this on a national level, I'm afraid; hopefully without benefice of arms, but one never knows. (shrug) Perhaps it's all for the best.

Well luckily for our country, your views are quickly in the decline. It will never come to anything like what you espouse. Close minded homophobes are a dying breed and are on the way out with the older generation.

Like it or not, the generations that are replacing yours are much more tolerant and accepting of gays. My generation and many others can recognize love for love and aren't going to let paranoia and intolerant religious doctrine discriminate.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Again what is with people not understanding, this law is a "Pickles must bounce," law... Its unenforced.

So, the Texas GOP wants to reinstate a law that's allegedly unenforced?

Texas Republicans: HEROES OF THE POINTLESS!

superhero.jpg

Upvote 0

JBJoe

Apr 8, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟22,711.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure they are. They want me to accept their behavior as normal, even to the point of re-defining the concept of marriage.
Not Like Everyone Else

I'm sorry for your anger, but you're just going to have to realize that a lot of us out here will never accept that two sexual deviants living together is a "marriage", any more than a guy with a big hat and his hand stuck in his shirt is actually Napoleon.

Don't bother to reply with more heat, because you're going on "Ignore". We will never agree, and it's best if we just separate from each other.....it will eventually come to this on a national level, I'm afraid; hopefully without benefice of arms, but one never knows. (shrug) Perhaps it's all for the best.

Well, which is it? Can they force you to accept it, or is it impossible because you never will? Sure, they want you to accept it. All groups have something they want you to accept.

Do you really need to raise the spectre of armed insurrection because the legal definition of marriage conflicts with your notion of marriage? We managed to overcome a government ban on interracial marriage without guns, even though many people refused to accept it.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sure they are. They want me to accept their behavior as normal, even to the point of re-defining the concept of marriage.
Not Like Everyone Else

I'm sorry for your anger, but you're just going to have to realize that a lot of us out here will never accept that two sexual deviants living together is a "marriage", any more than a guy with a big hat and his hand stuck in his shirt is actually Napoleon.

This is why I'm in favor of government exiting the business of marriage altogether, and simply executing civil unions between any two consenting adults. If the couple wants pomp and circumstance beyond that, they can engage in whatever religious ceremony they wish, wherever they can gain access to, officiated over by whomever they can get to officiate over it. If a church, synagogue, temple or whatever does not wish to perform wedding ceremonies for homosexuals, that's their right and no one will mess with it. If they do wish to do so, same rules apply.

Among other things, that would enable Wolseley there to attend a church that did not perform gay marriages. Which is his right. Conversely, he couldn't prevent the church down the street from marrying gays, because that other church would enjoy the same rights to marry gays as Wolseley's church does to not marry gays. Someone wants to take religious umbrage at the government issuing simple civil unions to homosexuals because Jesus or Allah or whomever says it's a horrible evil wicked thing to do, the government official can point them to the First Amendment; argument settled.

Don't bother to reply with more heat, because you're going on "Ignore". We will never agree, and it's best if we just separate from each other.....it will eventually come to this on a national level, I'm afraid; hopefully without benefice of arms, but one never knows. (shrug) Perhaps it's all for the best.

This apocalyptic "Us versus Them" thing is about eighty percent in your head. The other 20%? Well, Americans have never been a monolith that agrees on the direction the country should go in. Remember that big Civil War thingie we had century before last?

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, which is it? Can they force you to accept it, or is it impossible because you never will? Sure, they want you to accept it. All groups have something they want you to accept.

Do you really need to raise the spectre of armed insurrection because the legal definition of marriage conflicts with your notion of marriage? We managed to overcome a government ban on interracial marriage without guns, even though many people refused to accept it.

Five or ten years from now, Americans are going to be too busy finding food and shelter to worry about the gender(s) of the couple next door.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, I'm guessing you're against gay marriage? Ok, are you in favor of laws that criminalize homosexuality, or heterosexual sodomy?

Neither one. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes. But I don't want to see clergy being jailed for refusing to perform a "marriage" ceremony for two homosexuals, nor do I want to see the day when my young son turns on a TV and sees two men kissing in a bed together as if such behavior is normal.

1. "Ignore" is the worst form of self cencorship.

Doesn't matter; most of the "progressives" here aren't interested in what I have to say, anyway. I'm a bigot, a racist, a dinosaur, a horrible insane whackjob threat to America's freedoms. Haven't you heard? ;)

2. Would you really pick up arms because the state choose to recognize same sex marriages?

Same sex "marriages" are only one small part of the picture when it comes to what's wrong with this country. You gotta take the whole liberal-progressive plank, and what it would eventually lead to.

blueapplepaste said:
Well luckily for our country, your views are quickly in the decline. It will never come to anything like what you espouse. Close minded homophobes are a dying breed and are on the way out with the older generation.

Like it or not, the generations that are replacing yours are much more tolerant and accepting of gays. My generation and many others can recognize love for love and aren't going to let paranoia and intolerant religious doctrine discriminate.

So, tell me: when your generation is old enough to finally take control of the country, what are you going to do with people like me, who refuse to conform to your views? Shoot us? Gas us? Lock us up in our churches and burn them down on top of us? Deny us everything and wait for us to die of exposure or starvation?

I'm intensely curious.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Neither one. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes. But I don't want to see clergy being jailed for refusing to perform a "marriage" ceremony for two homosexuals,
Wouldn't happen.

nor do I want to see the day when my young son turns on a TV and sees two men kissing in a bed together as if such behavior is normal.
So you want to be able to control what's on TV?

So, tell me: when your generation is old enough to finally take control of the country, what are you going to do with people like me, who refuse to conform to your views? Shoot us? Gas us? Lock us up in our churches and burn them down on top of us? Deny us everything and wait for us to die of exposure or starvation?

I'm intensely curious.
Why are you so melodramatic? I imagine we'll just outvote you on the issues of relevance, and that will be that. Why does killing have to be involved?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Neither one. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes. But I don't want to see clergy being jailed for refusing to perform a "marriage" ceremony for two homosexuals,

Which isn't happening since marriage is a civil ceremony -- clergy are pretty much ballast.

I myself got ordained online and officiated a friend's wedding just last month -- would you like to see some photos?

nor do I want to see the day when my young son turns on a TV and sees two men kissing in a bed together as if such behavior is normal.

It is normal -- people in love tend to kiss each other.

Doesn't matter; most of the "progressives" here aren't interested in what I have to say, anyway. I'm a bigot, a racist, a dinosaur, a horrible insane whackjob threat to America's freedoms. Haven't you heard? ;)

Nah -- you're insignificant.

I'm intensely curious.

We're laughing at you now -- why should the future be any different?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't happen.

It happened in Canada. It happened in Sweden. And that was just for pastors speaking out against homosexuality. What makes you so sure it wouldn't happen here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It happened in Canada. It happened in Sweden. And that was just for pastors speaking out against homosexuality. What makes you so sure it wouldn't happen here?

The First Amendment and all related legal precedence I've seen in the United States essentially guarantee the legality of hate speech in the US.

Upvote 0

BotanicalBob

Apr 13, 2010
✟15,966.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

I'm thinking they'll lock you in a church with a buncha gays and have an "intervention".

My advice, don't skimp on the KY.

Neither one. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes. But I don't want to see clergy being jailed for refusing to perform a "marriage" ceremony for two homosexuals, nor do I want to see the day when my young son turns on a TV and sees two men kissing in a bed together as if such behavior is normal.

That last part already happens. Heck, when I'm done with this post, I'm gonna pop in a disc of the L Word.

If you don't want you kid seeing that, I'ld suggest a tv with a v-chip.

Cuz if anyone tries to take away my L Word, I'm picking up a gun.

Doesn't matter; most of the "progressives" here aren't interested in what I have to say, anyway. I'm a bigot, a racist, a dinosaur, a horrible insane whackjob threat to America's freedoms. Haven't you heard?

Funny, seeing as how they're on a site filled with folks who think like you.

Though I agree the name-calling doesn't really get anyone anywhere.

Same sex "marriages" are only one small part of the picture when it comes to what's wrong with this country. You gotta take the whole liberal-progressive plank, and what it would eventually lead to.

Which would be?

Why are you so melodramatic? I imagine we'll just outvote you on the issues of relevance, and that will be that. Why does killing have to be involved?

Cuz it's fun?

The First Amendment and all related legal precedence I've seen in the United States essentially guarantee the legality of hate speech in the US.

And thank God for that.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
That last part already happens. Heck, when I'm done with this post, I'm gonna pop in a disc of the L Word.

If you don't want you kid seeing that, I'ld suggest a tv with a v-chip.

Cuz if anyone tries to take away my L Word, I'm picking up a gun.

One of my favorite exchanges from House:

House: Tonight – ”L” Word marathon.
Dr. Wilson: You watch The “L” Word?
House: On mute.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not Like Everyone Else

Ummm.. sorry to burst your bubble, but marriage has already been re-defined... several times in fact. So the whole 'argument from constancy' is invalid because 'marriage' was never constant to begin with.

You're such a Patriot... wanting to divide the country and all *cough* treason *cough*

Upvote 0

BotanicalBob

Apr 13, 2010
✟15,966.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You're such a Patriot... wanting to divide the country and all *cough* treason *cough*

Why would wanting to divide the country be considered treason?

You want to see an America of your making, and he wants to see ones of his. A peaceful split before breaking into civil war could be considered quite patriotic.

Keep in mind we're all patriotic to America...the America we want. If tomorrow we woke up in the USSA, I can't say I'ld be too patriotic of the nation I found myself in.

Upvote 0