Texas GOP still opposes legalization of Sodomy.

BotanicalBob

Apr 13, 2010
✟15,966.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Ah...1960. Schools closing rather than letting the dirty blacks in. The Greensboro sit ins. The continuous threat of Soviet nuclear annihilation....

1960 was grand!

But teh ebil geys were institutionalized back then!

It's a time about as good as any. But the 60s were great. Woodstock.

There's a large part of me that would be willing to go back in time to live the Haight-Ashbury scene in the last half of the 60's.

Nevermind coming back, I'ld OD like all the other smart people did back then.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, *I* born, for one thing....;)

You haven't yet proven to my satisfaction that that should go in the "plus" column. ;)

It wasn't perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd take it over today, I do believe.

Well, unfortunately, as time only moves with one direction (lacking a DeLorean), you're going to have to learn to live in the present.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After reading the entire Texas GOP's platform I'm convinced they're crazy. My personal favorite? The part where they want to provide more opportunities for foster care by repealing a law currently in place that prohibits home educating and implementing corporal punishment for foster children. Yeah, that's smart Texas GOP. Let's allow foster parents to beat their kids while simultaneously giving them full reign to hide it by keeping them out of conventional schools.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
After reading the entire Texas GOP's platform I'm convinced they're crazy. My personal favorite? The part where they want to provide more opportunities for foster care by repealing a law currently in place that prohibits home educating and implementing corporal punishment for foster children. Yeah, that's smart Texas GOP. Let's allow foster parents to beat their kids while simultaneously giving them full reign to hide it by keeping them out of conventional schools.

Well, it is commonplace for people to vilify home schooling or to condemn all forms fo corporal punishment as excessive when in reality a spanking can be a good thing once in a while.

I understand why there is a desire for repeal.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, it is commonplace for people to vilify home schooling or to condemn all forms fo corporal punishment as excessive when in reality a spanking can be a good thing once in a while.

It was probably put on the book by all those liberals in the State Leg.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You haven't yet proven to my satisfaction that that should go in the "plus" column. ;)

I love you too, sweetheart.

Well, unfortunately, as time only moves with one direction (lacking a DeLorean), you're going to have to learn to live in the present.

Nah. I'll just find an isolated spot (maybe someplace like Aroostook County, Maine or Marquette County, Michigan) and withdraw from it.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Considering all the racism hatecrimes, mcarthyism, ignorance and vietnam war...yeah it wasn't pretty.

Perhaps you would have preferred the Soviet Union in 1960, then---or maybe the People's Republic of China in 1960.

Easy way to lose weight.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I have no problem with home schooling. I home school my son. The problem is that there are many, many people who sign up to be foster parents to get the monthly stipend check from the state and then they abuse their wards. Foster children are at an increased risk of sexual and/or physical abuse. At least in a traditional school environment the signs of abuse can be detected and reported accordingly. Being home schooled prohibits wards of the state from being exposed to mandatory reporters, thus increasing the potential for prolonged abuse while their foster parents get paid every month.

Upvote 0