Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Amazing. The first response, in almost a knee-jerk/defensive reaction, is an attempt to minimize the threat. Wow.
Because there are bigger threats. So the first response is one that may, you know, provide context and other relevant information that would temper hotheaded kneejerk reactions.
But you react like that's a bad thing?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I imagine people using violent means to reach political ends will always be a problem in some way or another.
But of COURSE there is something special about the way it's happening in modern times that requires mass hysteria.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oi! It's me that's advocating the reasoned balanced response!

Like I said in post #2, "That's not to say this isn't something to constantly work to eradicate". But what troubles me is the extent of hyperbolic media coverage of this topic, and the public opinion which lacks the slightest perspective. Such as the face palm-worthy results of this survey: Americans Name Terrorism as No. 1 U.S. Problem :doh:

A reasoned and balanced response? A snapshot poll taken in December 2015, immediately following the Paris and San Bernadino attacks, shows a whopping 16 percent of Americans polled, believe that terrorism was the number one problem in America. That leaves 84% of Americans who think otherwise. And that poll was taken right on the heels of terrorist attacks. So, no surprise there. I'll bet anything that there was an increase in French citizens who also thought terrorism was a major problem, right after the Paris attacks. I'd like to see the same polls conducted in France, right on the heels of Charlie Hebdo and then the Paris attacks. Got any data on that?

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,780.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"Likely" ? Bet on it. I agree, it is only a matter of time. But when it happens it will be excused by those that make excuses for Muslim terrorism.
I am still angry about that Oklahoma City Muslim terrorist. aren't you?

Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
errorist organizations aren't run by stupid people. They read the times and know who they are dealing with. They know vast swaths of western Europe are filled with people who's greatest fear is to be called "bigots" or "Islamophobes". There's no need to go all out in a "total war" of terrorism when the population is soft enough to capitulate.
They're run by smart people who understand that their attacks will increase prejudice against Muslims in the west, which will help their recruitment, possibly encourage more western intervention in Muslim countries, and help them to reach their aim of an all out war between Islam and everyone else. That is the whole point of these attacks, to sow division.

Islam is a religion, not a race.
Sikhs get targeted in revenge attacks. Bigots are not discerning.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am still angry about that Oklahoma City Muslim terrorist. aren't you?
I know enough to know that I love my country and don't side step the fact that Muslim terrorists exist because I happen to prefer people to be killed by Muslim Terrorists by surprise. After a heady campaign was put forth so as to misdirect truth, slander truth seekers and speakers with the ethnic slur of Islamophobe confabulated by those in league with Islamist terrorists, and finally, when all that is in play, assist in firmly inserting peoples heads in the sand so that when their backside is blown off by a terrorist Muslim psychopath seeing his or her detonation as the one promise to see allah, feel satisfied that mission was accomplished. Because that backside belonged to a western infidel that I hate and therefore I feel no remorse whatsoever for my treason.

In the meantime, such people commit to missions that entail anti-American propaganda promotion, anti-Christian propaganda promotion, racist white slur rhetoric , and of course anti-police rhetoric. Because law enforcement officials are the first wave of defense against domestic terrorists. That can include Muslims.

But hey, that's just me. :)
You were saying?

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,780.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I know enough to know that I love my country and don't side step the fact that Muslim terrorists exist because I happen to prefer people to be killed by Muslim Terrorists by surprise. After a heady campaign was put forth so as to misdirect truth, slander truth seekers and speakers with the ethnic slur of Islamophobe confabulated by those in league with Islamist terrorists, and finally, when all that is in play, assist in firmly inserting peoples heads in the sand so that when their backside is blown off by a terrorist Muslim psychopath seeing his or her detonation as the one promise to see allah, feel satisfied that mission was accomplished. Because that backside belonged to a western infidel that I hate and therefore I feel no remorse whatsoever for my treason.

But hey, that's just me. :)
You were saying?

The fail you post is that we all understand that there are Muslims who are terrorists. Most of us try to distinguish between good people and bad people within specific groups. Then there are those who love the broad brush.

I have come to find that those who proudly delare their love for country are more likely to be those who discriminate against others who they believe don't love their country as much as they think they should.

Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
The worst thing about Islamic terror in the US is the fact that you might be involved in an attack and not even realise it. You might just be happily going about your business during a standard, every day non-Islamist active shooter event, and unless you happened to hear the cry of Allahu Akbar, you would be completely oblivious to the fact that the murderous shooting spree was motivated by Islamism.

Scary stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They're run by smart people who understand that their attacks will increase prejudice against Muslims in the west, which will help their recruitment, possibly encourage more western intervention in Muslim countries, and help them to reach their aim of an all out war between Islam and everyone else. That is the whole point of these attacks, to sow division.

The whole point in these attacks is to create terror. Hence the name, terrorism.

Sikhs get targeted in revenge attacks. Bigots are not discerning.

Sikh isn't a race either.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The worst thing about Islamic terror in the US is the fact that you might be involved in an attack and not even realise it. You might just be happily going about your business during a standard, every day non-Islamist active shooter event, and unless you happened to hear the cry of Allahu Akbar, you would be completely oblivious to the fact that the murderous shooting spree was motivated by Islamism.

Scary stuff.

And even if the shooter does cry allahu akbar, it will possibly called workplace violence.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Scary stuff.
I agree, there is nothing scarier than the threat of an islamic terrorist attack. Certainly not any of the shootings that have taken place in schools that have happenned since the LAST terrorist attack (6).

Upvote 0