Tell me something GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
français;47128308 said:
honey, Québec un pays. You will definetely have a place to crash when you go to Québec, but not Canada! Canada is to the west :) But if you are in québec, come on over to my place! Lachine is a big melting pot.. It reminds me of a French version of Chinatown Boston, only not chinese.. Just really diverse like that :)

Right right...Quebec un pays. I forgot, I'm sorry! :sorry:

And yes, we will definetely get married, once he becomes a citizen. That should not take too long, but it will take at least a few years. But, I am excited! Woohoo! I can say I am married, and I can get benefits, and it is all great.

Hurray! I wasn't planning on getting married, but I was recently informed of a certain form of government aid that will be denied to me for the next four years, or until I'm married or have a child. I'm not about to have any kids anytime soon, so who knows?

Ummmm.......I'm going to graduate pretty soon with my BA in Sociology, don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'm happy.

That's so cool. Sociology fascinates me...always has. What was your area of concentration, if anything?

I still have to go take a placement test for my math courses this week...:o

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Right right...Quebec un pays. I forgot, I'm sorry! :sorry:

Hurray! I wasn't planning on getting married, but I was recently informed of a certain form of government aid that will be denied to me for the next four years, or until I'm married or have a child. I'm not about to have any kids anytime soon, so who knows?
Haha yup, you have to love those benefits :)

I think marriage will be great, because finally the knot will be tied that can not be separated(at least, not easily separated lol) so I am really excited :)

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
((((Vajradhara))))

To be honest, I only signed on today because AB is down! :p How's your baby?

throwing food on the floor :)

he's freakin' huge now! 16 months, 32'' tall and nearly 35lbs! it's playing havoc with my recovery from surgery!

you may want to visit my site as well, it's the largest interfaith site in the U.K. comparative-religion.com

our approach is the "walled garden" approach were each religion has their own section which functions somewhat like here and then we have discussion and comparative sections and the like.

metta,

~v

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am doing well. I am in my 5th year of retirement from the Post Office and being in the Lord and as most everyone here knows I am studying the Bible and the Hebrew/Greek of it as my hobby.

I am just simply AWED with it and it is just my Path and I have nothing against anyone's own path of Religion or non-Religion and neither should be used to cause anger, grief or animosity towards each other here.

Other than that, I enjoy life, my wife, family and friends and we never let religion become a stumbling block between us.

Peace to all and may you find joy, peace, happiness and love in all of YHWH's creation. :groupray:

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
p.s. Jack Parsons?! you know... just my opinion but he and Hubbard really bolloksed that up when they were doing the Great Working even Crowley, once he was told what they were up to, derided them and (though it's been along time since i was involved with Thelema or the O.T.O.) even wrote something of a refutation to their work.

one of my best friends is the head of the O.T.O. in the United States and his good friend leads the Mid Atlantic Thelema group. unfortunately... that may have revealed too much personal information about me... so.. if you discover who i am you must promise to keep it to yourself, deal?

Parsons is, to me, a tragic figure. He had the potential to be absolutely brilliant, then fell in with Hubbard. Still, we got Liber 49 from it, which has to be picked through, but so does Liber AL. It's like reading Crowley at his worst...it's half insane, a quarter lies, another 10% a big inside joke, but that last 15% is brilliant. Crowley didn't refute the entire work, only the point at which Hubbard and Parsons decided "We're going to make a MOONCHILD!"...which was, of course, an idiotic notion. Once again...Crowley got a great potential successor (like with C. S. Jones), and something outside ruined it.

Parsons later work (Oath of the Antichrist, et al.) was way out there, but it demonstrates what could-have-been, had he not dived headfirst into Da'ath.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's so cool. Sociology fascinates me...always has. What was your area of concentration, if anything?

I don't know yet, I would to do either Ethnic and Race issues or Women's issues, or social class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel like all I do on NCR these days is argue, whine, or try to make people stop arguing and whining. How has everyone been? I'd like to know how y'all are doing, so let's have an update!

Some of you who have known me for awhile know that I dropped out of college a semester after I started...well, nearly two years later, it's official: I am FINALLY re-enrolled! I start classes on July 11 and will be studying Communications, with an emphasis on investigative journalism. I've found my calling and I'm thrilled. I'm going to spend two semesters locally before I fly out to California to be with my other half - PERMANENTLY! :clap:

For the first time in years I feel like I'm building my life up rather than watching things crumble around me.

And how have you been?
I'm glad to hear that things are looking up! :)

I need to get on MSN more. :sorry: *logs on*

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some of you who have known me for awhile know that I dropped out of college a semester after I started...well, nearly two years later, it's official: I am FINALLY re-enrolled! I start classes on July 11 and will be studying Communications, with an emphasis on investigative journalism. I've found my calling and I'm thrilled. I'm going to spend two semesters locally before I fly out to California to be with my other half - PERMANENTLY! :clap:

Yay! :clap: Congratulations!

And how have you been?

We finally have something approximating summer weather here now, and it's a nice boost to have warm weather and lots of bright sunshine.

Even with my marital issues, I love my life and my work, and I find that my balance and happy feelings are returning, as I knew they would.

It turns out I'm doing well. Thanks for asking. :)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

funnymommy

humorous maternal human
Apr 9, 2008
USA
✟7,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A friend of mine just finished a play, and we want to turn it into a guerilla theatre production. He has decided that his next play is going to be in the tradition of Romeo and Juliet, but with...Pilgrims.

He's my hero.

LOL :thumbsup: That sounds great! TBH, I can totally see that sort of scenario play itself out with the Pilgrims.

Upvote 0

seed757

fanatically balanced/radically compassionate
Feb 20, 2006
✟9,176.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Yay for Hallie!:clap:

I am so happy for you. It is nice to see things are coming together for you.

As for me, my wife is starting to pray with me from time to time, and she is really interested in studying Sufic teachings. Now bear in mind, she is not a Muslim yet, but she is showing an ever growing interest in Islam.

As always, you will be in my prayers for continued success in your life. :)

Reactions: Ramona
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
WOOHOO, NO MORE WORK!!! Westwood High School, Meadow Lane in Austin Texas, Round Rock school district, GOODBYE!!! Lol most teachers and faculty have to stay until June 3rd, but I get to leave now since I am not a full fledged teacher.

Beautiful school. Thousands of students. High academics. But crazy people.

So now that I am off work, I am meeting with my friend Courtney, and we are going to lunch. I have no clue where yet.

But, it has been a good day!

Yay for Hallie!:clap:

I am so happy for you. It is nice to see things are coming together for you.

As for me, my wife is starting to pray with me from time to time, and she is really interested in studying Sufic teachings. Now bear in mind, she is not a Muslim yet, but she is showing an ever growing interest in Islam.

As always, you will be in my prayers for continued success in your life. :)
Ah, tasawwuf.. You have to love it!

I did not know you were a sufi.. Lol, are most Muslims sufi? This is something that confuses me, because ti seems like on youtube everyone speaks bad against Hamza Yusuf, Nuh Keller, etc, yet when I talk to Muslims, they seem to follow tasawwuf!

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
I have excellent news today!!!!!!!

Ok, so I was supposed to move to Lachine, which is about 10 minute drive from downtown. Beautiful area, but not really my area of choice.

Well, I have not officially signed the contract for the apartment we were going to get. But anyways, it was 800 sq. feet, $1200 a month. Pretty nice place.

Well, today I found an even BETTER deal, and I called the Realtor and spoke to him about it.

600 square feet,(small) but spacious enough, for $1500 a month. Sounds like a downgrade right? BUT!!! It is in the heart of Downtown! It is also new!!

It is on Rue St-Antoine Ouest, and it is only 15 minute walk to Old Montréal and the business district. Not only that, but it is only 14 minute walk to get to Université du Québec à Montréal, where I want to go!!!!

It is by all the major Universities too.. Concordia is even closer..
Like 10 minute walk. McGill is just a few miles from there.

It is perfect. Not only that, but it is only a 2 minute walk to get to the metro station, so I can go all over the place so quickly!

I am overwhelmed.. It is everything I wanted. It is by the universities, it is in downtown, it is urban, and it is good priced. Not only that, but my pets can live there too!

So, I canceled my other contract and am looking into this. I have not visited it or anything, but it seems great. Same Realtor is doing this place, so I trust him when he says it is good.

And I can still apply for University. I want to finally get my masters in Sociology.

I am so happy right now!

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.