Is God angry at me?

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, to all!

So I have been battling hell by the acre… I find it extremely difficult to gain control of my own thoughts. I have overcome alcohol and drug addiction with God’s help but He seems to have gone silent on me. I’m scared God is mad at me and won’t have fellowship with me till I get a certain sin out of my life. For some bazaar reason I can’t kick self-Harm… The preacher at the church I attended Sunday made me give him my knives. I did that and I’m suppose to be trying to make the week without self-Harming. Well I went to town today, I walked in the gas station and ran into some friends I use to hang with. What was the odds they would be wearing knives and showing them off? I walked out and sat in my car…. But eventually gave in and drove to the store and bought me 2 new case knives. I FAILED!!! AGAIN!!! That’s pretty much how it’s been for me. I try to stop and always find an excuse to continue… I’m weak!!! I feel embarrassed to say I am self-harming at my age. I feel like it’s generally for younger kids. I’ll be 20 in April… oh how I would love to have this behind me by then!!! Anyway, I am just so worried God is angry at me…

forgive me for blabbering so much. I’m just a bit down! I’m so tired of fighting.. When I was getting off of alcohol and dope I just locked myself in my bedroom and went through hell on earth. This is different I can’t lock myself up and solve it. I am my own enemy. I’ll use anything handy when I feel I have to …razor knife blades, scissors, lighters and etc… whatever will do the job..

Do you think God is angry at me?
I pray and pray for him to help me change but nothing seems to be happening..

I also have a very nice young fella that I like and he likes me. I have told him what I am dealing with and he is very understanding ( he is going to seminary school to be a pastor). I have withdrawn myself from engaging in any kind of relationship with him till I get my act together. He said I am The girl God has picked for him and He will wait no matter how long it takes. It’s bothering me that he is waiting and I am by no means close to where I need to be. I feel like I’ll never be wife material… And To be honest I’m scared of having a relationship with anybody, I don’t want anymore problems!!! After seeing my mom and dad’s relationship it’s scary.

Anyway, that’s a little bit off my mind ….

Thanks-Little Sister

Last edited:

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He is not mad. He loves you and wants the victory for you.
Agreed. Said a prayer for you. Been there done that - got the t-shirt. Victory is on the way - don't stop praying! You've already struck a severe blow against the enemy by revealing your struggle to your pastor and others. You've got a host of folks praying for you and available to bear the burden.

So see - God IS listening.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, to all!

So I have been battling hell by the acre… I find it extremely difficult to gain control of my own thoughts. I have overcome alcohol and drug addiction with God’s help but He seems to have gone silent on me. I’m scared God is mad at me and won’t have fellowship with me till I get a certain sin out of my life. For some bazaar reason I can’t kick self-Harm… The preacher at the church I attended Sunday made me give him my knives. I did that and I’m suppose to be trying to make the week without self-Harming. Well I went to town today, I walked in the gas station and ran into some friends I use to hang with. What was the odds they would be wearing knives and showing them off? I walked out and sat in my car…. But eventually gave in and drove to the store and bought me 2 new case knives. I FAILED!!! AGAIN!!! That’s pretty much how it’s been for me. I try to stop and always find an excuse to continue… I’m weak!!! I feel embarrassed to say I am self-harming at my age. I feel like it’s generally for younger kids. I’ll be 20 in April… oh how I would love to have this behind me by then!!! Anyway, I am just so worried God is angry at me…

forgive me for blabbering so much. I’m just a bit down! I’m so tired of fighting.. When I was getting off of alcohol and dope I just locked myself in my bedroom and went through hell on earth. This is different I can’t lock myself up and solve it. I am my own enemy. I’ll use anything handy when I feel I have to …razor knife blades, scissors, lighters and etc… whatever will do the job..

I also have a very nice young fella that I like and he likes me. I have told him what I am dealing with and he is very understanding ( he is going to seminary school to be a pastor). I have withdrawn myself from engaging in any kind of relationship with him till I get my act together. He said I am The girl God has picked for him and He will wait no matter how long it takes. It’s bothering me that he is waiting and I am by no means close to where I need to be. I feel like I’ll never be wife material… And To be honest I’m scared of having a relationship with anybody, I don’t want anymore problems!!! After seeing my mom and dad’s relationship it’s scary.

Thanks-Little Sister
" Faith over Fear". Just a reminder.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

65James

Feb 18, 2024
Minnesota
✟7,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Faith over Fear, I don’t know what is going on between you and your fella, but speaking from a pass mistake I made that haunts me til this day, please along with God get closer to your boyfriend. Along with God, him and you the Boyfriend might help you with this self harm problem. I speak this as twice as an individual while in the Kansas Air Guard had a beautiful gal from Arkansas proposed to me, named Anna this was nearly 35 years ago. Now I truly regret never marrying her because since then crickets.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Spend time with mature Christians who can help you to learn how to be and relate as a Christian. And this can help you get ready to relate well with your husband, if God wants you to marry.

And while you share with this gentleman who has hope for you, welcome him to pray about when and how much he should give you attention while he is studying and ministering also to others.

And you can pray and make sure with God, for yourself, about what He really desires to share with you. God is quiet, not silent. Trust Him to make you able to communicate and to share with Him.

Upvote 0

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, to all!

Thanks-Little Sister
Hi friend. Can I just say, everything is going to be fine. I just went thru this sin / addiction thing 15 years ago, after struggling for 40 years +/- failing EVERY DAY, multiple times a day...

My freedom came down to this... He said "Tell me the truth" I said "What truth"... Suddenly I knew, it was as if He revealed me, to myself. So I said "God I love this sin (even though I thought I hated it) I want you to leave me alone with this sin, don't bother me over it. Next thing I know I'm free.

I shared this with some male Christian brothers, who became free also, and they shared it with more people and they too became free.

So I drew this conclusion, it wasn't the words, they weren't magic. It's the blunt stone cold, bold honesty. You see God wants us to have so much confidence in His love for us, that we can speak/admit to the unthinkable. If we "FEAR" then we are not confident in Him, or His love, then we sugar coat, and hide things from Him, and we play the hypocrite / Pharisee.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, to all!

Thanks-Little Sister
This scripture came to mind, Luke 22:31-32 KJV,
31 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:”

32 “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”

Believe me, the One Who died for our sins prays for you in heaven. The angels are watching you and are engaged with you in your fight. You are not fighting by yourself: Hebrews 12:23 KJV, “To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,”

We all in Christ, have to contend with the attacks from Satan. Especially as we grow in Christ, because we start out as babes, 1 Peter 2:2 KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:1 KJV. But as we pray to God for strength we are strengthened day by day by the Holy Spirt.

As God is conforming us to the image of His Son, Romans 8:29 KJV, we engage in a war between the self (old man), and our regenerated spirit (new man), Galatians 5:17 KJV,
Romans 7:19-21 KJV
19 “For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.”
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Your struggles just so happens to be what is chosen for you to go through to grow you in Jesus. You have to learn and understand God’s salvation plan, which is the same for all of us.

When I realized what I hade to contend with, I went into shock, because it was one of the most terrifying revelations from the Spirit I had to accept.

We are put through the fire by God, 1 Peter 1:7 KJV. The same suffering Christ had to contend with, we contend with the same: that’s the mark of a Christian. At first I had to ask myself, do I really want this? It was and is hard, very hard. It’s like when the mother asked Jesus to let her sons be seated with him in the kingdom,
Matthew 20:20-23 KJV
20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

We must drink the same cup that Jesus drunk because of what Jesus said in John 15:20 KJV.

So, Satan is attacking you. But in Jesus, you can overcome. Just follow the gospel:
1) Put off the old man, Ephesians 4:22-24KJV, so that the Power of God through the new man you have been given in power, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV, can work through you to defeat Satan.

God has given us weapons, 2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV in this war against evil, Ephesians 6:13 KJV

I hope you can see you are struggling with a principality that wants to sift you like wheat. One way to put off the old man, which is the self, is to recognize the Power (God) to stop doing something we don’t want to do, Romans 7:15 KJV, is not our power, as we have been crucified with Christ. But it is God’s Power given to us to live by to overcome evil. Each time you experienced any evil desire, resist only by giving God the glory for enabling you by His Power, through the Holy Spirit in you to overcome. Not you, but Him. This is living by faith, remember God’s words in His gospel, and praying to God about His word. You will receive greater power to overcome - the gospel is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV

God say we walk by faith, 2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV. If we don’t understand what we go through as Christians as explained in the gospel, then how can you believe enough to walk by faith? Get to know the weapons God has given us to defeat evil. Also hold on tightly to this prayer of Jesus, John 17:15 KJV, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” Read the entire prayer Jesus prayed before he was crucified, John 17:1-26 KJV.

Understand that there is absolutely no way God does not honor Jesus prayer for us. This prayer of Jesus is written in Heaven, and when we call on the name of Jesus, this prayer is forever before God’s face for us.

When you get those thoughts to hurt yourself, it’s not you, it’s Satan. You have already been forgiven in Jesus. Satan wants you to feel guilty and trick your mind that God does not love you to stop you from being a powerful saint, led by the Spirit in Jesus.

We have power, not fear, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV. Pray and lift up your troubles to Gods Who sits on the throne of grace, Hebrews 4:16 KJV. Go boldly to him and lay your issues at His feet asking Him to take it and heal you. He will!

May God bless you mightily and abundantly! You don’t see it now, but you are a mighty, blessed saint in Christ jesus!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
31 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:”

32 “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”

Believe me, the One Who died for our sins prays for you in heaven. The angels are watching you and are engaged with you in your fight. You are not fighting by yourself: Hebrews 12:23 KJV, “To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,”

We all in Christ, have to contend with the attacks from Satan. Especially as we grow in Christ, because we start out as babes, 1 Peter 2:2 KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:1 KJV. But as we pray to God for strength we are strengthened day by day by the Holy Spirt.

As God is conforming us to the image of His Son, Romans 8:29 KJV, we engage in a war between the self (old man), and our regenerated spirit (new man), Galatians 5:17 KJV,
19 “For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.”
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Your struggles just so happens to be what is chosen for you to go through to grow you in Jesus. You have to learn and understand God’s salvation plan, which is the same for all of us.

When I realized what I hade to contend with, I went into shock, because it was one of the most terrifying revelations from the Spirit I had to accept.

We are put through the fire by God, 1 Peter 1:7 KJV. The same suffering Christ had to contend with, we contend with the same: that’s the mark of a Christian. At first I had to ask myself, do I really want this? It was and is hard, very hard. It’s like when the mother asked Jesus to let her sons be seated with him in the kingdom,
20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

We must drink the same cup that Jesus drunk because of what Jesus said in John 15:20 KJV.

So, Satan is attacking you. But in Jesus, you can overcome. Just follow the gospel:
1) Put off the old man, Ephesians 4:22-24KJV, so that the Power of God through the new man you have been given in power, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV, can work through you to defeat Satan.

God has given us weapons, 2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV in this war against evil, Ephesians 6:13 KJV

I hope you can see you are struggling with a principality that wants to sift you like wheat. One way to put off the old man, which is the self, is to recognize the Power (God) to stop doing something we don’t want to do, Romans 7:15 KJV, is not our power, as we have been crucified with Christ. But it is God’s Power given to us to live by to overcome evil. Each time you experienced any evil desire, resist only by giving God the glory for enabling you by His Power, through the Holy Spirit in you to overcome. Not you, but Him. This is living by faith, remember God’s words in His gospel, and praying to God about His word. You will receive greater power to overcome - the gospel is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV

God say we walk by faith, 2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV. If we don’t understand what we go through as Christians as explained in the gospel, then how can you believe enough to walk by faith? Get to know the weapons God has given us to defeat evil. Also hold on tightly to this prayer of Jesus, John 17:15 KJV, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” Read the entire prayer Jesus prayed before he was crucified, John 17:1-26 KJV.

Understand that there is absolutely no way God does not honor Jesus prayer for us. This prayer of Jesus is written in Heaven, and when we call on the name of Jesus, this prayer is forever before God’s face for us.

When you get those thoughts to hurt yourself, it’s not you, it’s Satan. You have already been forgiven in Jesus. Satan wants you to feel guilty and trick your mind that God does not love you to stop you from being a powerful saint, led by the Spirit in Jesus.

We have power, not fear, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV. Pray and lift up your troubles to Gods Who sits on the throne of grace, Hebrews 4:16 KJV. Go boldly to him and lay your issues at His feet asking Him to take it and heal you. He will!

May God bless you mightily and abundantly! You don’t see it now, but you are a mighty, blessed saint in Christ jesus!
Amen, well said!

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I’m scared God is mad at me and won’t have fellowship with me till I get a certain sin out of my life.
"If we openly acknowledge our mistakes and shortcomings, God, in His faithfulness and justice, not only forgives us but also purifies us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

This verse highlights the dynamic of confession and divine cleansing. Our responsibility is to honestly confess our sins, recognizing our need for transformation. It is essential to understand that we cannot purify ourselves; it is the redemptive work of Calvary in our lives that brings about a profound transformation, making us new creations in Christ.

From my personal journey, I've learned that the desire for deliverance plays a crucial role. Surrendering something we are unwilling to let go of is challenging. We all face the need to repent and relinquish certain aspects of our lives, allowing God to work within us.

Drawing from my experience selling knives for many years, I consistently emphasized the importance of using a tool for good rather than harm. Everyone faces choices, and it's vital to make decisions that contribute positively to life. Some individuals may struggle with using sharp objects responsibly, and in those cases, I exercised discretion in selling knives. Ultimately, I encouraged people to make wise choices and highlighted the ongoing nature of decision-making in life."

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you guys but sin separates us from God. So be careful.
Deliverance from wallowing in sin is granted through the Son. After He purged our sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; Heb 1:3

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—
now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from sins; Heb 9:15

So if the Son sets you free, then you are free indeed. John 8:36

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christfollower7

Mar 2, 2024
Los Angeles
✟5,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you guys but sin separates us from God. So be careful.

That is horrible advice to give to a Christian who is down!!!

You are saying that Faith over Fear is separated from God because of a particular sin! Don't believe that lie!

Is our relationship and right standing before God based upon our works!? Is this a give and take relationship? Am I to believe that God's love, grace, and mercy are contingent upon my actions and good deeds and not to do bad deeds!? If that was the case, none of us would have a right standing before Him.

Sin(s) that separates man from God is the sin of an unbeliever! God will not hear the prayers, cries of unbelieving sinners, this much is true! The only cry/prayer He will hear from an unbelieving sinner, is the call for help, salvation, accepting Him as Lord and Savior, and a call for repentance!

For the child of God, we must stand upon His Word to bring truth, and not our emotions. Right now, the struggle is in the emotions. That is where most believers struggle. Every Christian has felt distant from God many times...that is because we are trying to connect and relate to God in the emotional realm. God doesn't meet us in the emotional realm, but in the spirit realm. We worship Him in spirit and in truth, not in emotions.

We must let God's Word be what drives our life, by which we stand upon, and have our foundation...never emotions! Never be lead by your emotions...they will let you down time after time again.

So, let's turn to what God's Word says about you precious sister and child of God...

Romans 8:35, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"

Romans 8:37-39, "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Hebrews 13:5b, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Psalm 139:14, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well."

Romans 5:20, "Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more."

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Ephesians 1:6, "To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."

Ephesians 3:20, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

1 Peter 2:9-10, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."

1 John 3:1a, "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!"

Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Listen precious sister...you are His child and He has made you beautiful and all, from the inside out. God doesn't make mistakes! You are not a mistake! God is not mad at you precious sister...He is mad about you! God is madly in love with you and the only thoughts that goes through His head about you are good thoughts (Jeremiah 29:11). Even when you sin, mess up, drop the ball, screw up...His thoughts and love for you are the same. There is nothing you have done, are doing, or will do, in which He didn't already know about. And in light of your sins, He went freely do the cross. You are worth it! Precious sister, you are worthy of Him! You are worthy of His death on the cross, because of His love for you.

There is no need to cut yourself any longer, because of not measuring up, or falling short time after time again, or not looking a certain way, not acting a certain way, not being accepted a certain way by man. It is by His cuts/stripes, that you are healed (Isaiah 53:5). In fact, I really feel you need to hear that...it is by Jesus' cuts that are you healed, so that you no longer need to cut yourself. Jesus took your cuts upon His body, because every hurt, pain, sorrow, and sin that you have done and what has been done to you, was nailed upon Him, on the cross.

Don't think for a second that you are not worth it or worthy of God's love, attention, grace, mercy, hope, forgiveness, acceptance, plans, and gifts.

Even when you don't see God working, He is working!
Even when you don't feel God working, He is working!
Because He never stops, never stops working!

God is the Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness! That is Who He is!

Stand upon God's Word during this time! Put some good worship songs on during times of depression, sorrow, loneliness, feelings of distance from God. Find yourself reading the Psalms! Stay plugged into the church and be surrounding by community.

Romans 12:1-2, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Psalm 46:1b, "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."

Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Hebrews 4:16, "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Praying for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I also have a very nice young fella that I like and he likes me. I have told him what I am dealing with and he is very understanding ( he is going to seminary school to be a pastor). I have withdrawn myself from engaging in any kind of relationship with him till I get my act together. He said I am The girl God has picked for him and He will wait no matter how long it takes. It’s bothering me that he is waiting and I am by no means close to where I need to be. I feel like I’ll never be wife material… And To be honest I’m scared of having a relationship with anybody, I don’t want anymore problems!!! After seeing my mom and dad’s relationship it
Don't go by your parent's relationship. Yours need not be the same. I would have been over the moon to have had a young man willing to wait for me when I was your age and I think you will be a better pastor's wife because you have been through these struggles. Christians don't need leaders (and wives) who have glided through life without a problem. They need ones who have learnt how to trust the Lord no matter what and who can identify with their congregations' struggles and testify to the Lord having given them victory in their own.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,371.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello, to all!

Thanks-Little Sister
My advice, you need a distraction, you found a potential mate that could be your point of focus and happiness if all is well. instead, you found another excuse ( get my act together ) to delay, I say jump in!! nothing to lose everything to gain. Get rid of the stupid knives that you do not need, avoid your friends flashing knives they are not good for you and are not friends.

Sorry to be so direct.

Peace be upon you.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Stress, and negative thinking generally, can become a habit and it lowers your serotonin. A person with low serotonin may feel bad even after doing good things like praying. A Christian may misinterpret this as God being upset with them. That is why it's important to realize it is just a serotonin issue. Changing to positive thinking habits can be difficult, especially at first, but cutting out negative self-talk and developing a brighter worldview will help raise serotonin, so you will feel calmer and more clearheaded.

Self-harm is often a maladaptive coping mechanism to distract from stress. Coping mechanisms can become addictions, from drugs to shopping. That is partly why they are hard to quit. Your brain is used to it, even though it's bad. Once you stop doing it though and develop better ways of dealing with stress, like focusing on a hobby for instance, the addiction or attachment weakens until it's not even tempting.

It is absolutely vital you don't judge yourself like "I feel bad so God must be mad at me" or "I feel bad so I must be an awful person". Remember God's love for you and your positive aspects. See the good in yourself, others, and the world as much as you can and over time it will become your new habit.

Upvote 0