Tell me something GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I feel like all I do on NCR these days is argue, whine, or try to make people stop arguing and whining. How has everyone been? I'd like to know how y'all are doing, so let's have an update!

Some of you who have known me for awhile know that I dropped out of college a semester after I started...well, nearly two years later, it's official: I am FINALLY re-enrolled! I start classes on July 11 and will be studying Communications, with an emphasis on investigative journalism. I've found my calling and I'm thrilled. I'm going to spend two semesters locally before I fly out to California to be with my other half - PERMANENTLY! :clap:

For the first time in years I feel like I'm building my life up rather than watching things crumble around me.

And how have you been?

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Congrats! Maybe a silly question, but is the pic in your avi you? Are you a singer? (I'm going to feel silly if it's a pic of someone famous)

Thanks! The pic is of Amy Winehouse, but she doesn't really look like herself in that pic. That's her before she went all...crazy.

Welcome to NCR! Now it's your turn to tell me somethin' GOOD!

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Somethin' GOOD?

I've gotten myself mostly spiritually straightened out. That's good. :D

I found THE COOLEST ALBUM EVAH on Friday - music inspired by Jack Parsons and the Babalon Working...at TARGET ONLINE! (so I actually bought it from iTunes...I FOUND it on target.com).

And a very nice friend gave me an astral adjustment that has made me able to eat tomatoes without getting sick for the first time in 15 years. :D

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks! The pic is of Amy Winehouse, but she doesn't really look like herself in that pic. That's her before she went all...crazy.

Welcome to NCR! Now it's your turn to tell me somethin' GOOD!

No way...that looks like Fiona Apple on a bad day.

Upvote 0

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Somethin' GOOD?

Somethin' GOOD! :D Alan and I try to sing that to each-other, but then we discover that we don't know the rest of the words to the song. :(

I've gotten myself mostly spiritually straightened out. That's good. :D

Oh, really? I wanna hear this story!

I found THE COOLEST ALBUM EVAH on Friday - music inspired by Jack Parsons and the Babalon Working...at TARGET ONLINE! (so I actually bought it from iTunes...I FOUND it on target.com).

*golf clap*

You don't get a full applause, cos you bought it on iTunes.

And a very nice friend gave me an astral adjustment that has made me able to eat tomatoes without getting sick for the first time in 15 years. :D

Umm...what does that even mean? :sorry:

LOL! Wow, she does look different!

Hmmm... well, it rained today and the temps went down drastically which is great because it's been HOT!!!

AND I'm making progress on a book I'm writing...

You're writing a book? What's it about? Fiction or non-fiction? (Talking to other writers makes me happy!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

funnymommy

humorous maternal human
Apr 9, 2008
USA
✟7,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a sci fi :) I LOVE sci fi....

I've gotten several chapters written, but it's slow going at the moment because I hit a point in my plot that requires some thinking ;). It involves aliens, so I'm currently researching conlangs for my aliens (cause I don't feel like inventing my own language :)).

Upvote 0

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
That sounds fantastic.

A friend of mine just finished a play, and we want to turn it into a guerilla theatre production. He has decided that his next play is going to be in the tradition of Romeo and Juliet, but with...Pilgrims.

He's my hero.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Hey! I am glad to hear that things are getting better for you!

Well as for me, things are also going quite well. As you know, I will be moving back to Québec, my home country!! So, yesterday I started packing up, getting ready and all. The spouse was in DC this weekend at the Canadian Embassy getting his papers, and I am already a citizen so I don't have to. Anyways, so it was a lonely weekend but he got back last night and it was great. :)

So, I have been packing and will be moving soon! I will be moving to Lachine, which is a borough of Montréal(Montréal has a ton of boroughs!)

Tomorrow is the last day of work, then I have a few weeks off, and then I move(June ending, though no particular date.) We are driving all the way there, because I am bringing my animals with me :)

I am extremely excited, because I love Québec, and I love Lachine, and it is all perfect. But at the same time, I am sort of sad, because I love Austin and I will miss this city. Plus, all of my friends I have made here.. Gosh, it is hard to say goodbye, always!

Well, I am still excited. And Jason already got a job transfer which is awesome. I will be unemployed lol for now, but I will find a job easily in Montréal.

and yeah! I am really excited about ending work tomorrow. Oh my gosh, I HATE my job and I am just ecstatic about leaving! Woo!!!

So it has been pretty well for me!

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, really? I wanna hear this story!

I'll write you and let you know.

*golf clap*

You don't get a full applause, cos you bought it on iTunes.

I support Apple in all things. Besides...I have done horrible things to the files. They are no longer copy-protected. Requires 2 computers, though...

Umm...what does that even mean? :sorry:

I got Reiki'd...kinda. :D It worked, that's all I care about.

Fiona Apple really annoys me. I have no idea why, but she just...does.

I <3 her voice. And the song "Sleep to Dream."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
something good, eh...

i'm nearly done with this forum... thats about the only good thing happening now..

of course i don't really believe in good and evil ;)

metta,

~v

p.s. Jack Parsons?! you know... just my opinion but he and Hubbard really bolloksed that up when they were doing the Great Working even Crowley, once he was told what they were up to, derided them and (though it's been along time since i was involved with Thelema or the O.T.O.) even wrote something of a refutation to their work.

one of my best friends is the head of the O.T.O. in the United States and his good friend leads the Mid Atlantic Thelema group. unfortunately... that may have revealed too much personal information about me... so.. if you discover who i am you must promise to keep it to yourself, deal?

Upvote 0

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
français;47128144 said:
Hey! I am glad to hear that things are getting better for you!

Well as for me, things are also going quite well. As you know, I will be moving back to Québec, my home country!! So, yesterday I started packing up, getting ready and all. The spouse was in DC this weekend at the Canadian Embassy getting his papers, and I am already a citizen so I don't have to. Anyways, so it was a lonely weekend but he got back last night and it was great. :)

So, I have been packing and will be moving soon! I will be moving to Lachine, which is a borough of Montréal(Montréal has a ton of boroughs!)

Tomorrow is the last day of work, then I have a few weeks off, and then I move(June ending, though no particular date.) We are driving all the way there, because I am bringing my animals with me :)

I am extremely excited, because I love Québec, and I love Lachine, and it is all perfect. But at the same time, I am sort of sad, because I love Austin and I will miss this city. Plus, all of my friends I have made here.. Gosh, it is hard to say goodbye, always!

Well, I am still excited. And Jason already got a job transfer which is awesome. I will be unemployed lol for now, but I will find a job easily in Montréal.

and yeah! I am really excited about ending work tomorrow. Oh my gosh, I HATE my job and I am just ecstatic about leaving! Woo!!!

So it has been pretty well for me!

Kyle...I am so happy for you! This is going to be an adventure, AND I'll have a place to crash when I go to Canada! :ebil:

Oh, and just cos I have to ask...are you guys gonna get married once you're settled?

I'll write you and let you know.

I shall eagerly await your reply. Or actually, I'm on MSN now if you feel like IMing.

I support Apple in all things. Besides...I have done horrible things to the files. They are no longer copy-protected. Requires 2 computers, though...

*dons an eyepatch* Yarrrr!

I got Reiki'd...kinda. :D It worked, that's all I care about.

A friend of mine swears by Reiki. I think it sounds very suspect, I'm highly skeptical of any and all natural remedies...which is crazy, since I work in a homeopathic remedies/organic food shop. Of course, none of that will ever work on me because I'm skeptical to a fault.

I <3 her voice. And the song "Sleep to Dream."

My two little cousins (ages six and eight) came running down the stairs singing "Rehab" last time I saw them. I said to the little one, "Do even you know what rehab is?" She replied, "If you drink too much wine, you have to go to rehab." I was floored.

Congrats guys! Everyone's so happy. :)

And now it's your turn to tell me somethin' GOOD!

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Kyle...I am so happy for you! This is going to be an adventure, AND I'll have a place to crash when I go to Canada! :ebil:

Oh, and just cos I have to ask...are you guys gonna get married once you're settled?
honey, Québec un pays. You will definetely have a place to crash when you go to Québec, but not Canada! Canada is to the west :) But if you are in québec, come on over to my place! Lachine is a big melting pot.. It reminds me of a French version of Chinatown Boston, only not chinese.. Just really diverse like that :)

And yes, we will definetely get married, once he becomes a citizen. That should not take too long, but it will take at least a few years. But, I am excited! Woohoo! I can say I am married, and I can get benefits, and it is all great.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.