Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Rasmussen is worthless. I've quit even paying attention to them. In the past they were a good pollster with a Republican house advantage. Now they're just trying to be a narrative-setter. They are leaving big races before the end so they can't have their numbers used against them. Right after the Kentucky primary they rushed a poll out showing Rand Paul up by 25 points when everyone else showed it a tight race. Two weeks later they released a new poll with Paul up only 8 points. If we assume the same 17-point skew in this poll, Harry Reid is up 6.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
hmmm so in your mind:gays, blacks, teachers, electricians and union members are the same as Vegas mobsters and street criminals? :sorry:
tulc(good to know) :wave:

In his mind apparently. He's sounding more and more like a crotchety old Southerner decrying all this mescegination.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sharron's a hoot:

No social security or medicare for old people.
No unemployment insurance or job retraining for the unemployed
Saunas and massages for people in prison
Drill, baby, Drill! (spill, moron, spill!)
Nuclear energy - because plutonium is even safer than offshore drilling
Cut spending, cut taxes, but massively increase how much $$$ we give the military (can she do basic math?)
She wants better schools, but a hard cap on property taxes (say what now?)
Equal marriage rights for some citizens
The legislature should make health-care decision, but only for female citizens (they're too stupid to make their own health-care decisions I guess)

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sharron's a hoot:

No social security or medicare for old people.
No unemployment insurance or job retraining for the unemployed
Saunas and massages for people in prison
Drill, baby, Drill! (spill, moron, spill!)
Nuclear energy - because plutonium is even safer than offshore drilling
Cut spending, cut taxes, but massively increase how much $$$ we give the military (can she do basic math?)
She wants better schools, but a hard cap on property taxes (say what now?)
Equal marriage rights for some citizens
The legislature should make health-care decision, but only for female citizens (they're too stupid to make their own health-care decisions I guess)
So, whats the problem?

Upvote 0

Kroger99

Nov 15, 2004
Louisville, Kentucky
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Nevada Republicans Tuesday picked tea party insurgent Sharron Angle to take on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, marking the start of an epic showdown between a king of Capitol Hill and a conservative renegade who wants to turn Washington on end..."

I think the TP just handed Harry Reid another term. She wasn't the pick of the GOP establishment. She's got some unconventional ideas, to say the least. She once proposed a Scientology-sponsored drug rehab program for state prisoners. She also wants to phase out SS for younger workers. This stuff appeals to a fringe, but how will this play in the general election? Remember, Nevada went Democratic in 2008--largely due to a potent Hispanic vote. Will she have any traction will these voters? Harry Reid is a pitifully weak candidate, but it sure seems the Republicans have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It'll be a fun race to watch.

Tea party favorite to challenge Reid in Nevada - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

I'd be willing to bet that she got the nod because she "is not" part of the GOP establishment... not dispite. I'm not willing to make a call on that seat though. Nevada is a pretty liberal state, but liberals have not been very popular as of late. It should be interesting to watch.

As to Rand Paul..... He will have my Kentucky vote this November. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Be a huge bore. She's an "extremist" and she is a "nut" is all Harry Reid has. For months we will hear the Vegas mob, street criminals, teachers, gays, blacks, the SEIU, IBEW ,ACORN and their media outlets scream those charges over and over.

So blacks are lumped in with mobsters and criminals in your mind?

You just outed yourself there, Voegelin...

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
So blacks are lumped in with mobsters and criminals in your mind?

You just outed yourself there, Voegelin...
He lumped teachers in there too, if you hadnt noticed. The only thing that was outed was your insatiable desire to link opposition to Obama with racism.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
He lumped teachers in there too, if you hadnt noticed. The only thing that was outed was your insatiable desire to link opposition to Obama with racism.

Wrong. I've never taken issue with those who engage in fact-based criticism of Obama. I'm tired of posters who make make a life out of tearing Obama down for the sake of tearing him down, stretching the truth like Gumby or even just making stuff up as they go along.

Some of them, yes, I think they are motivated, at least in part, by racism.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If you are trying to blame TNWM for that perception, I'm sorry, but you're not paying attention to Voeg's posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...do you have a problem with the thing Voegelin said? :confused:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
...do you have a problem with the thing Voegelin said? :confused:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:
Should I? It seems to me that all he did was rattle of the constituency/pressure groups that will be backing Reid in the election. Blacks are democratic constituency and pointing that out is not racist, it is factual. You might quibble as to whether or not 'criminals' should have been in that list, but everything else seems about right.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should I? It seems to me that all he did was rattle of the constituency/pressure groups that will be backing Reid in the election. Blacks are democratic constituency and pointing that out is not racist, it is factual. You might quibble as to whether or not 'criminals' should have been in that list, but everything else seems about right.

...and you don't think comparing teachers to the Mafia was a little over the top? :confused:
tulc(thinks it's a little more then a "quibble") :wave:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you are trying to blame TNWM for that perception, I'm sorry, but you're not paying attention to Voeg's posts.

I reiterate, if you are myopically focused on this one thread, you're not paying attention to Voeg's posts or why TNWM made the comment he did.

Upvote 0