Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is the minority sects and their backers that have caused 95% of the non-combatant casualties. It is they who have killed nearly 200k civilians. Not the Sunnis.

False.

About 900 Syrian refugees were interviewed in front of refugee homes and registration centers in five German cities. "Around 70 percent of respondents say they have fled because of Bashar al-Assad's regime," Perabo said.

Survey leaves no doubt: Syrians are fleeing Assad

Having spoken to dozens of Syrian refugees at Zaatari refugee camp last year, there were three constancies in their actions and motivations [...] The second constancy is that they were fleeing the repercussions of Assad’s barbarity. There is no denying this. They were in Jordan, in Lebanon and in Turkey before ISIS even came on they scene.

It’s the Barrel Bomb, Stupid

"In the meantime, virtually all the Syrians I have spoken with agree that stopping Assad’s barrel bombs is now the most urgent task to reduce their suffering—and the flow of refugees."

To Stem the Flow of Syrian Refugees, Stop the Barrel Bombs - HRW

If Assad's regime didn't respond to peaceful protests by shooting protesters fatally (among the myriad of other injustices), the Syrians wouldn't have had to pick up arms to defend themselves. But alas, Assad's regime is going to Assad.
200k Sunnis out of a population of 3 million, compare to the heavy toll the Alwaites faced(losing 1/3rd of population to death, or injuries to the head choping Salafis theocrats), and The Native Christians (66% reduction, despite only being 10%), remember the lovely Sunni slogan "Alawites to the grave, Christians to Beirut", such lovely democrats for Democracy there :oldthumbsup:

Now that Assad is victorious where will the next Great Jihad by Sunnis be? Afghanistan? Wait they turned that into a mess, Pakistan? Wait Sunni madrasses has poisoned that society with sectarianism, and terrorism, Sudan? We see the Genocide of Christians in the 1980's, and 1990's happen there when the Muslim Brotherhood takes over a nation, Gaza? Hamas and the other armed groups done a bang up job ticking off both Egypt, and Israel, causing a blockade, that hurts their own people, but you know Jihad against infidels matter more, right? Egypt? Oops Muslim Brotherhood messed up a oppruitnity there, now President Al-SISI is protecting both peaceful Egyptians Muslims, and native Coptic Christians from the headchoppers, Saudi Arabia? Nahh they just pay off the Sunni Jihadists to kill Shiites, and Christians, so as long as the Monarchists in Saudi Arabia are left not touched. Look like Sunni terrorist groups/factions is running out of places to takeover and wage Jihad in. Assad, and the Kurds cleaned their clocks good.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
200k Sunnis out of a population of 3 million, compare to the heavy toll the Alwaites faced(losing 1/3rd of population to death, or injuries to the head choping Salafis theocrats),

1.) 4,182 non-combatants have died in 6 years due to the rebels. Most of the dead because of the rebels are combatants (so if the Alawite numbers did decrease by a third, then that is because of them fighting for Assad's campaign of genocide). Compare that to 194,335 non-combatants dead due to the regime and allies. Most of the dead because of the regime are non-combatants.

2.) You realize that I posted a video above of a little girl saying that Assad's men beheaded her friend's brother and 2 others in front of her? Are those head-choppers okay?

and The Native Christians (66% reduction, despite only being 10%),

It's 5% according to other sources. Either way, where did that bishop (many Christian leaders have unfortunately sided with the regime and spout its lies, so I'm wary of what they say) get this 66% reduction figure from?

"According to data supplied by the UNHCR, just 1.5 percent of the 1 million Syrian refugees in Lebanon are Christians; 0.2 percent of the 655,000 Syrian refugees in Jordan are Christians; 0.3 percent of the 228,000 Syrians refugees in Iraq are Christians; and 0.1 percent of the 115,000 Syrian refugees in Egypt are Christians. (In Turkey, where there are 2.7 million Syrian refugees, they do not record the religion of refugees.)"
Christian Refugees ‘Unfairly’ Kept Out?

- If you were to assume that 1.5% of the 2.7 million Syrian refugees in Turkey are Christian (which I think is generous but I'm using that percentage because it's the highest one from that list) and add that to the rest of the Christian refugees mentioned in other countries, then that comes out to 57,609 Syrian Christian refugees in total

4,182 non-combatants have died at the hands of the rebels. I'm assuming that includes some Christians, Alawites, Sunnis, etc.

Where did the hundreds of thousands of dead Syrian Christians go....unless you're saying most of the Christians dead are combatants fighting for Assad's genocidal regime and that's how they perished.

remember the lovely Sunni slogan "Alawites to the grave, Christians to Beirut", such lovely democrats for Democracy there :oldthumbsup:

Remember the lovely Assadist (Alawite, Christian, etc.) slogan: "Assad or we burn the country": such lovely democrats for democracy there. :clap:

Now that Assad is victorious where will the next Great Jihad by Sunnis be?

lolol what? You think Assad has been victorious? You're in for a rude awakening. Assad needed the help of Hezbollah, Iran, Iraqi militias, an unlimited supply of Afghans and some Pakistanis, Russia (militarily and in the UN and in its propaganda outreach), China, Jordan, Egypt, the YPG, ISIS, and the US to stay in power this long. Before Russia's intervention late 2015, he was well on his way to being toppled. Russia saved him temporarily but it can't keep him there forever when the majority of the country is against his regime and Russia. He has been unable to defeat this majority in 6 years, what makes you think he'll be able to withstand them forever?

Assad thinks it's all over now. But it's only just beginning. There will not be rest until there is justice and justice entails Assad's regime and its direct, open allies being held accountable for their genocide.

"When we grow up, we will liberate Aleppo," say Syrian kids being evacuated from city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1.) 4,182 non-combatants have died in 6 years due to the rebels. Most of the dead because of the rebels are combatants (so if the Alawite numbers did decrease by a third, then that is because of them fighting for Assad's campaign of genocide). Compare that to 194,335 non-combatants dead due to the regime and allies. Most of the dead because of the regime are non-combatants.

2.) You realize that I posted a video above of a little girl saying that Assad's men beheaded her friend's brother and 2 others in front of her? Are those head-choppers okay?

It's 5% according to other sources. Either way, where did that bishop (many Christian leaders have unfortunately sided with the regime and spout its lies, so I'm wary of what they say) get this 66% reduction figure from?

"According to data supplied by the UNHCR, just 1.5 percent of the 1 million Syrian refugees in Lebanon are Christians; 0.2 percent of the 655,000 Syrian refugees in Jordan are Christians; 0.3 percent of the 228,000 Syrians refugees in Iraq are Christians; and 0.1 percent of the 115,000 Syrian refugees in Egypt are Christians. (In Turkey, where there are 2.7 million Syrian refugees, they do not record the religion of refugees.)"
Christian Refugees ‘Unfairly’ Kept Out?

- If you were to assume that 1.5% of the 2.7 million Syrian refugees in Turkey are Christian (which I think is generous but I'm using that percentage because it's the highest one from that list) and add that to the rest of the Christian refugees mentioned in other countries, then that comes out to 57,609 Syrian Christian refugees in total

4,182 non-combatants have died at the hands of the rebels. I'm assuming that includes some Christians, Alawites, Sunnis, etc.

Where did the hundreds of thousands of dead Syrian Christians go....unless you're saying most of the Christians dead are combatants fighting for Assad's genocidal regime and that's how they perished.

Remember the lovely Assadist (Alawite, Christian, etc.) slogan: "Assad or we burn the country": such lovely democrats for democracy there. :clap:

lolol what? You think Assad has been victorious? You're in for a rude awakening. Assad needed the help Hezbollah, Iran, Iraqi militias, an unlimited supply of Afghans and some Pakistanis, Russia (militarily and in the UN and in its propaganda outreach), China, Jordan, Egypt, the YPG, ISIS, and the US to stay in power this long. Before Russia's intervention late 2015, he was well on his way to being toppled. Russia saved him temporarily but it can't keep him there forever when the majority of the country is against his regime and Russia. He has been unable to defeat this majority in 6 years, what makes you think he'll be able to withstand them forever?

Assad thinks it's all over now. But it's only just beginning. There will not be rest until there is justice and justice entails Assad's regime and its direct, open allies being held accountable for their genocide.

"When we grow up, we will liberate Aleppo," say Syrian kids being evacuated from city.
Great future jihadists, this proves right here, these little brats need to be held indefinitely in a Syrian prison, where they learn this garbage from? Let me guess the mosque where the clerics fire up the crowd to kill "imlnfidels"

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Great future jihadists, this proves right here, these little brats need to be held indefinitely in a Syrian prison, where they learn this garbage from? Let me guess the mosque where the clerics fire up the crowd to kill "imlnfidels"

Because children who witnessed a genocide, ethnic cleansing, being besieged, forced displacement, and other war crimes cannot possibly want to return to liberate their home; it is just unfathomable for them to hate those war crimes and those who committed them.

I see a common trend among Assadists in their disgust for children who don't like Assad:

Assad regime MP calls for death of 7-year-old Bana Alabed, calls her ‘little witch’

C6ZIMhJWUAAIbOL.jpg

Link to short article:
Assad regime MP calls for death of 7-year-old Bana Alabed, calls her ‘little witch’

Stay classy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because children who witnessed a genocide, ethnic cleansing, being besieged, forced displacement, and other war crimes cannot possibly want to return to liberate their home; it is just unfathomable for them to hate those war crimes and those who committed them.

I see a common trend among Assadists in their disgust for children who don't like Assad:

C6ZIMhJWUAAIbOL.jpg

Link to short article:

Stay classy!
Stay classy there, avoid the fact these little brats are future jihadists, that will cause ww3, all I hear is condemning Assad, and Christians, not the Arab Spring terrorists controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, who started this mess.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Children living in war-torn Syria, some as young as 12, are self-harming, taking drugs, and attempting suicide to escape the horrors they have endured after six years of conflict, an international aid group said on Monday[...] Nightmares, bedwetting, anger, suicidal thoughts and depression are a few of the symptoms plaguing Syrian children, who suffer from an endless barrage of trauma from bombings, death and destruction, it said.

Syrian children turn to suicide, self-harm to escape horrors of war: report

More than 70% of children interviewed experienced common symptoms of “toxic stress” or post-traumatic stress disorder, such as bedwetting, the study found. Loss of speech, aggression and substance abuse are also commonplace. About 48% of adults reported seeing children who have lost the ability to speak or who have developed speech impediments since the war began, according to the report, entitled Invisible Wounds (pdf).

Hala, a teacher in Madaya, said: “Children wish they were dead, and that they would go to heaven to be warm and eat and play. They wish they would be injured by a sniper, because if they got injured they would go to the hospital and leave the siege and eat whatever they want.”

Syrian children suffer staggering levels of trauma and distress – report

It feels insufficient to say that children from Syria are suffering from “PTSD.” The oft-orphaned survivors of a horrible ongoing humanitarian crisis are, likely, experiencing post-traumatic stress, but these children of war have experienced more trauma — physical and emotional — than the medical professionals who care for them have ever seen: the shredded remains of their mom or dad, blown apart by a regime barrel bomb, a Russian cruise missile, or, increasingly, U.S. airstrikes.

“Human devastation syndrome” is Dr. M.K. Hamza's term for the orphaned end-result.

“We have talked to so many children, and their devastation is above and beyond what even soldiers are able to see in the war,” Hamza, a neuropsychologist with the Syrian American Medical Society, told ATTN:. “They have seen dismantled human beings that used to be their parents, or their siblings. You get out of a family of five or six or 10 or whatever — you get one survivor, two survivors sometimes. A lot of them have physical impairments. Amputations. Severe injuries. And they’ve made it to the refugee camp somehow.”

A Doctor Created a New Term to Describe the Pain Syrian Children Are Experiencing

Constant psychological strain of Syria's war has caused some kids to develop speech impediments or lose ability to speak altogether. (1/2) I met Mohamed, little boy on the right, in Lebanese refugee camp. He was so traumatized in Syria that he hasn't spoken since he left. (2/2)

C6Ub81OWUAIJXtM.jpg

this little boy who says Bashar robbed them of everything:

this little boy (and his family) whose sisters were killed by Assad/allies:

having this little girl witness his men beheading her friend's brother and 2 other people, let alone making her paralyzed and injuring her brother:

Must be a real tear-wiping, moving accomplishment for Assadists.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
6 year anniversary of the start of the revolution today.

3 different Syrians on refusing Assad's regime:

We thought if we protested, and after the regime had reacted in such a violent way, that the UN and everyone would say Assad was a criminal. But we were shocked … no one cared. The English language media kept talking about "sectarian strife", but we had no idea what they were talking about.
[...]

When you look at things in a rational way, I don't know how you can be hopeful about the future of Syria. But I look at the Palestinian people as an inspiration - they still resist, they focus on education. They do not give up.

--

But initially we really felt that our revolution would soon reach victory, maybe in days, or weeks, or months. We were only seeking our freedom, our dignity and our rights. We were expecting that the world - that the US, EU and other countries - would help us end Assad's rule. But unfortunately, the opposite happened.

I started to lose hope when the regime began killing peaceful protesters, and the whole world kept watching. And I completely lost all hope when the regime used chemical weapons in Ghouta in 2013, killing thousands.

The whole world just kept silent and just took the chemical weapons and didn't even punish the regime. Like when you arrest a criminal who has killed someone, and you take his gun and then just let him free to kill someone else with a different gun. At that time, I totally lost any hope that help would come to us from outside. I remained in Aleppo until the regime retook the whole city in late 2016.

It's really hard to describe the feeling of being forced to leave. I really felt like I was losing my soul. I felt like the whole world was against me and my revolution. I felt broken, like I was losing myself. I was totally broken.

If you look at what is happening on the ground, the regime and its allied militias are advancing. But for some reason, I still think that, eventually, the revolution will be victorious. I don't really know why I think that. Perhaps it's because it is the right thing. Or maybe it has something to do with my faith.

--

[...] And then the stark reality began to sink in as we realised that Assad supporters truly meant it when they said, "Either Assad or we burn the country." [...]

I, and many other like-minded Syrians, are stunned by the international community's utter paralysis in the face of Assad's genocidal regime. I have no idea how far the regime and its backers will go to wipe out every single person who opposed Assad. But having said "no" to Assad, having broken that wall of fear, having seen my fellow Syrians suffer the greatest humanitarian disaster since World War II, I do know one thing: we will not go away.

The dream of freedom is too powerful, even for barrel bombs, chemical weapons, and rampant torture to break. You see, with more than half of Syria's population displaced or refugees, new generations of free Syrians are beginning to take the lead in the opposition, and they will never forget.

Six years on: The price of saying 'no' to Assad

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
"I keep a copy of these pictures on my desk so that every single day when I come to my office I will be reminded of the horrific crimes that have been committed and are being committed as we speak against innocent Syrian men, women, and children. What is happening today is in direct contradiction to the testimony of our wonderful citizens who are joining us: our Holocaust survivors. Because of their horrendous experience, we promised never again. My friends, today it is happening in Syria." - Senator McCain

Senator McCain said on his facebook account today (with a video of the event at which he made the comment in the first quote above):

"On the sixth anniversary of the Syrian civil war, more than 400,000 Syrians have been killed, half of the population has been driven from their homes, and 9.3 million people are in urgent need of assistance in what the United Nations has described as the greatest humanitarian tragedy of our time. The Assad regime has relentlessly targeted its own citizens, including women and children, while Syrian and Russian forces have indiscriminately attacked hospitals and humanitarian convoys with precision-guided weapons in what clearly amounts to war crimes and crimes against humanity.

I introduced a resolution marking this grim milestone that condemns the Assad regime, Russia and Iran for this violence, and calls on the Trump Administration to develop a comprehensive strategy to put an end to the horror, suffering and devastation in Syria. The lives of hundreds of thousands of Syrians living under siege literally depend on it. http://bit.ly/2m0RYuN"

He is one of those people who has my respect for his sense of justice and morality, even when so many seem to be against it. No matter how much both sides (the left and right) were & are pro-Assad/pro-Russian/pro-Iranian/anti-interventionalist-except-when-it-comes-to-fighting-ISIS, he stood firmly by his principles.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Syria's air force "purposely targeted" a spring outside Damascus in December, cutting off water supplies for 5.5 million people living in and around the city, the UN independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria said on Tuesday.

The commission said it had found no evidence of deliberate contamination of the water supply or demolition by armed groups, as the Syrian government maintained at the time.

The rebel groups - who were in control the springs of the Wadi Barada valley, northwest of Damascus since 2012 - had faced a major offensive by Syrian government forces and their allies, despite a ceasefire deal. The rebels withdrew at the end of January.

Syrian air force 'purposely' targeted water supplies in Wadi Barada: UN

United Nations investigators said Wednesday in a report that found government forces had not only committed the attack in September but had done so deliberately, a war crime.

The attack, which killed 14 aid workers and stoked international outrage, was “meticulously planned” and “ruthlessly carried out,” the report said.

It called the attack “one of the most egregious” of many war crimes that investigators said had been committed during the Syrian government’s five-month offensive to take full control of the northern city of Aleppo.

U.N. Investigators Say Syria Bombed Convoy and Did So Deliberately

I still have a bunch more things to put up about east Aleppo, but there is a more pressing matter. There is another town, Wadi Barada, that is facing the same treatment and fate as east Aleppo. This appears to be Assad's plan. To commit genocide, or at the very least, ethnic cleansing, in all Sunni parts of Syria not under his control. In the end, I think he's herding all of the people to Idlib and then will bomb them to oblivion. And the US is helping him out by allowing him to focus on that destruction while the US tries to wrestle Palmyra back from ISIS (instead of letting Assad actually do what he claims and have him fight ISIS). And the US bombs liberated Idlib too (where there isn't any ISIS presence). Much freedom.

What ceasefire? Brutal regime assault on Wadi Bardeh, Rif Damascus,w/more than 25 air strikes & dozens of shells fired on area since the am.

SOS calls getting to us w/difficulty from Wadi Bardeh after networks cut. Regime shelling w/crippling siege &continued invasion attempts.

What truce? SOS calls from #WadiBarada which is under siege,bombing & invasion attempts now

Violations by #Assad using aircrafts,artillery&the continuous assault against #Wadi_Barada makes the truce fragile &close to collapse

I don't know why the rebels even agree to ceasefires with the regime. It never follows them while they do. I really don't understand. Why agree to be killed without a fight? Furthermore, the rebels never signed an agreement that excluded any of the rebels whereas the agreement the regime signed did. That can't be legitimate.

And it has happened. I'm so behind on posting news here. A brief rundown: Assad bombed the heck out of Wadi Barada, including water sources (and funnily blamed the rebels for the water source), until they gave it up. Ethnic cleansing and/or genocide 101.

Wadi Barada: After looting people's homes in Ein al-Fijeh, Hezbollah & regime said to be blowing up residential bldgs around water facility

Here is what a town that has fallen to Assad's thugs looks like after it was bombed ruthlessly by them:

C3VPfjyWIAAWIVU.jpg

C3VPi1JWYAAIsVd.jpg

Assad and Iran latest victory in Wadi Barada Damascus suburbs. Forced deportation of remaining residents to Idleb started.

"The attack on the convoy, made up of Syrian Red Crescent trucks carrying UN-supplied food, was reported to have killed at least 12 people and destroyed 18 trucks laden with food intended for tens of thousands of people cut off by the war in a rural area west of Aleppo city.

Aid officials said it was hit from the air while unloading food at a warehouse in opposition controlled Urem al-Kubra. Early reports suggested most of the dead were Syrian Red Crescent drivers.

Stephen O’Brien, the UN’s emergency relief coordinator, said that the convoy had been clearly marked and its route had been provided to all parties to the conflict."

US blames Russia after UN aid convoy in Syria targeted by air attack

Of course the regime/allies deny this just like they denied everything from using chemical weapons to barrel bombs to cluster munitions.

"The attack on the convoy, made up of Syrian Red Crescent trucks carrying UN-supplied food, was reported to have killed at least 12 people and destroyed 18 trucks laden with food intended for tens of thousands of people cut off by the war in a rural area west of Aleppo city.

Aid officials said it was hit from the air while unloading food at a warehouse in opposition controlled Urem al-Kubra. Early reports suggested most of the dead were Syrian Red Crescent drivers.

Stephen O’Brien, the UN’s emergency relief coordinator, said that the convoy had been clearly marked and its route had been provided to all parties to the conflict."

US blames Russia after UN aid convoy in Syria targeted by air attack

"As we have been reporting, the Russian narrative about last night's airstrike against a UN aid convoy in southwestern Aleppo province has several problems. First, the Kremlin's narrative has changed."

Major Holes In Russia's Narrative On Airstrike Against UN Convoy; Witnesses Describe The Carnage

#FSA issue detailed statement outlining the timeline of events leading to #Russia targeting of aid convoy & warehouse in #Aleppo, #Syria:

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The same day as the sarin nerve attack by Assad's regime in Khan Sheikhoun last Tuesday, there was another attack (presumably using barrel bombs, also illegal) by the regime on the besieged town of Ghouta. One US young poet lost eleven members of her family. 11. Headlines are outdated. 2 were in the womb, 2 were infants.
Syrian-American poet Amal Kassir describes losing 10 family members in Syria bombing

Hear her talk about it here:
This Syrian-American poet just lost 10 family members in Syria — her story will break your heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The same day as the sarin nerve attack by Assad's regime in Khan Sheikhoun last Tuesday, there was another attack (presumably using barrel bombs, also illegal) by the regime on the besieged town of Ghouta. One US young poet lost eleven members of her family. 11. Headlines are outdated. 2 were in the womb, 2 were infants.
Syrian-American poet Amal Kassir describes losing 10 family members in Syria bombing

Hear her talk about it here:
This Syrian-American poet just lost 10 family members in Syria — her story will break your heart

Here is the whole thing (from 19:30 to 43 minutes), which includes spoken word before she gives the back story:

Amal Kassir

So moving.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
There's so much stuff I should've been posting on this thread, but here is something recent to start us off with:

One month old Sehar Difda died this past Sunday, October 22nd, a day after she was filmed, as a result of severe malnutrition due to Assad's siege. Here she is the day before:

In Syria region under regime siege, children die of hunger

At least two babies have died due to malnutrition and hundreds remain in a dire situation as all healthcare facilities were destroyed or are almost non-operational, according to local medics.

A main pro-democracy opposition stronghold on the outskirts of Damascus, eastern Ghouta has been under siege by regime forces since December 2012.

Syrian regime traps 400,000 civilians in east Ghouta

Just so you know, the UN airdropped food to ISIS areas that were less severe sieges but did not ever drop food into Madaya or Ghouta (or any of the other severe sieges enforced by Assad that were much worse than any area under ISIS, let alone the rebels). Much of the UN aid also went to areas under Assad's control (none of which were bad or severe sieges to begin with). Shame on Assad's regime and all of his allies. Shame on the UN. Shame on the complacent world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
From last month:

United Nations war crimes investigators have formally blamed the Syrian government for a sarin attack on the town of Khan Sheikhun in April that killed at least 83 people and wounded almost 300 more.

Syrian regime dropped sarin on rebel-held town in April, UN confirms

From this past Tuesday:

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Russia cast a veto at the United Nations Security Council on Tuesday preventing the renewal of the mandate for a mission that investigates the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
[...]
“Russia has once again demonstrated it will do whatever it takes to ensure the barbaric Assad regime never faces consequences for its continued use of chemicals as weapons,” U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, traveling in Africa, said in a statement.

Russia vetoes extension of mission probing chemical weapons use in Syria

It was the ninth time Russia has used its veto power at the security council to block action targeting its ally, Syria.

Russia uses veto to end UN investigation of Syria chemical attacks

What this means is that whatever the UN says in its report that I believe is due tomorrow (or the next few days), the regime will not be held accountable. Russia is the epitome of evil.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The siege on Ghouta I've mentioned previously (the same place that was attacked by a nerve agent, sarin, by Assad, killing 1,400+ people in 2013) is now a siege & complete demolition. Not much left to express beyond saying I will never forgive this world. I can't even imagine how Syrians feel about this betrayal and silence. I profusely ask for their forgiveness for my own inability to do much.

2ica6j7.png

Source

"Let him say good-bye to his son!"
(if the above is not showing, then here's another link):

May God forgive those who have been on the right side but have not been able to do much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Remind me again, what you exactly consider to be "the right side"?

If you have to ask that while quoting something from that post (or any post of mine on this thread), then it's as hopeless as trying to explain to someone why Hitler was the wrong side.

Clearly, the good/right side in Syria is the side (i.e. the opposition as a whole) that does not consistently & deliberately target non-combatants. It is those who are against Assad's regime. It is their supporters. The bad/wrong side is the regime and its allies, since they consistently & deliberately targets non-combatants and they're just plain evil. The bad/wrong side is the one that, in any way, favors Assad's regime/allies over the opposition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Sondus asks Bashar at one point, "Don't you have children, Bashar? Imagine that your children were the ones killed!"

#SaveGhouta - Heartbreaking Message from a Young Child in besieged Eastern Ghouta

One thing not translated here was her saying "hasbunAllaahu wa nimal wakeel" (sufficient for us is Allah and what an excellent guardian is He) after saying her dad wasn't there with her anymore (i.e. he's died). It inspires me, their faith, as it has since the beginning of this genocide.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
With every child who dies, with every act of brutality that goes unpunished, eastern Ghouta more closely resembles what Kofi Annan once called the worst crime committed on European soil since 1945. Eastern Ghouta is turning into Syria’s Srebrenica.
[...]
At the time, the world stood back and watched as Gen Ratko Mladic’s Bosnian Serb army and Scorpion paramilitaries closed in, overrunning Dutch peacekeepers. The international community knew full well what Mladic might do, that a massacre was imminent. It looked the other way.

The agony of eastern Ghouta, already infamous as the scene of a 2013 chemical weapons attack using sarin gas, is slower but similarly ignored. Once again civilians, including large numbers of children, are being killed. Once again, the western powers, with forces deployed in the country, refuse to intervene. Once again, the UN is helpless, the security council rendered impotent by Russian vetoes.
[...]
Today, in eastern Ghouta, like Srebrenica in 1995, vile crimes that could constitute genocide are being committed. In November, Mladic was finally convicted of genocide in The Hague. That took 22 years. How many more children will die before justice is served in Syria?

Eastern Ghouta is another Srebrenica, we are looking away again

Just like in Bosnia, the world is actually complicit in the massacre. They made deals with Iran, they don't want to anger Rusia, they enjoy 5-star hotels in regime-held areas etc. similar to how the Dutch peacekeepers danced and drank with the Serbs.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Clearly, the good/right side in Syria is the side (i.e. the opposition as a whole) that does not consistently & deliberately target non-combatants. It is those who are against Assad's regime.

Which ones, specifically? Because some of those fight amongst themselves as well?

It is their supporters. The bad/wrong side is the regime and its allies, since they consistently & deliberately targets non-combatants and they're just plain evil. The bad/wrong side is the one that, in any way, favors Assad's regime/allies over the opposition.

The problem is that there is no single "opposition". There are multiple faction there, many of which don't really get along.

For example, IS and Al-nusrah both also fight against Assad and its allies.
In the past, you've said quite a few dubious things concerning al-nusrah in specific.

It would be nice to hear you speak clear language about this.

And no, I'm not an Assad supporter.

Upvote 0