Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
zkg2dk.png

'nuff said.

I guess when the rules of engagement / war are not respected, and soldiers hide within civilian populations, they only have themselves to blame when civilians die.

Lesson learned: respect the rules of engagement / war and don't act suprised when bad things happen when you don't.

...Rules exist for a reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I didn't defend or justify genocide or any such evil actions, in any way.

No, you just call the ones undergoing the genocide and fighting against it as bad OR EVEN WORSE than the perpetrator of the genocide?!?!?!?!

Because muslims are such a great example to the civilised world, ha?

When we follow Islam, yeah, actually. When Europe was in its Dark Ages, the Muslims were in their Golden Age despite being new to the party (new in the sense of Islam as it was with the final set of rules sent with the last, final, and best Messenger).

Right when the Muslims conquered Palestine, they invited the exiled & persecuted Jews (exiled & persecuted by the Christians) right back in. They didn't have to, but they did. And it is because of this type of justice that many Jews in the Ottoman Empire elected to go to shariah courts rather than their own courts even though they had the option.

Ow, right, it's all the fault of the evil empirial west, I bet?
It's the evil westerners who have installed shariah laws in some of those countries, I bet?

Literally didn't say that. The Westerners have tried to prevent anything even resembling shariah (e.g. in Turkey, Egypt, Algeria, etc.).

What's next? ISIS was founded by Obama?

No, but Obama's evil Iran deal and not following through on his red line allowed the genocide of Sunni Muslims to get to this point. If only McCain won in 2008, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion because he would've acted against genocide...since, unlike much of this forum, he is principled even if it means helping Muslims against someone touted as a "secularist". He actually would care about the genocidal bit to Assad regime's sectarian "secularism". And then ISIS would have been defeated right away (or wouldn't even have risen) because, instead of having to fight on like 10 fronts, the rebels would only have had to focus on ISIS. And it is only the Sunnis who can defeat ISIS (and not Sunnis like the YPG who persecute non-Kurds).

Not a single of those 600 went their for "humanitarian" reasons.

Now I know you're talking out of your behind. It's typical of Assadists, so I'm not surprised. I've learned to expect the utmost stupidity from Assadists. It's not a good look, especially combined with their pure evil.

You can't possibly know that not a single one of them went for humanitarian reasons. In fact, it is far more likely that a good majority (or all) of them did, besides ISIS fighters since 2014, just like they did for Bosnia, Afghanistan against the Soviets, in Chechnya, etc.

"Julian André Harinton, aka Abu Abdullah al-Belgiki, convert from Antwerp who most likely joined the Free Syrian Army and was killed in April 2012"
Belgian Fighters in Syria and Iraq – A Closer Look at the Converts

-he was killed in April 2012. Tell me about how it was extremism for him to fight against the genocidal dictator and give me a good reason why. Since you like the YPG so much, please either describe why the foreigners who joined it didn't go for humanitarian reasons & are just playing rambo.

Just for the lulz, Exhibit A of Assadist stupidity (this charlatan is actually considered an expert by Assadists on sarin attacks in Syria. They'll take from her but disregard what the UN says loooool):

mtkzg2.png

The other thousands of "foreign fighters", are mostly the same.

1.) And on which study did you base your conclusion that makes the thousands of other foreign fighters fighting against Assad's regime the same as what you describe? Maybe in ISIS, sure, as we can see from their repeated and consistent behavior, but how did you reach that conclusion about any of the other groups (the vast majority of which are comprised mainly of locals)?

2.) Here is one foreigner:

Muslim Sheeshani has been fighting for most of his adult life both in his native Chechnya and in Syria. OGN asked him if he felt he has lost the best years of his life on battlefields. This is what he said...

One of the first things he said was, "In our religion, it is obligatory for men to help the weak and needy people who are oppressed. I have dedicated my life to helping the oppressed. Praise be to Allah, during my time in jihad, I haven't committed oppression or done anything that contradicts Islam. I have never had anything to do with terrorism or banditry and always have been trying to help oppressed people in Chechnya and here in Syria."

If anyone else in the world behaved and acted like him (minus him being a Muslim), he would be hailed a hero. But because his motivation for helping people is Islam (as opposed to, say, Christianity), and he has a big beard, and is religious, he's probably considered a terrorist and untrustworthy to many of those same people.

3.) I do agree that the tens of thousands (perhaps more) of foreign fighters for Assad (which comprise the majority of those fighting for him, since most locals do not fight for or support him) are degenerate, sectarian, genocidal pieces of turd. And I'm including the Christian Russians in that too, not just the Shia militias.

ISIS and al nusrah are basically made up of foreigners who seek to overthrow Assad and install brutal islamic shariah instead.

Idk about ISIS bc it is irrelevant to me when talking about the ranks of the Syrian opposition (since it's not included), but Nusra, when it existed, was not primarily made up of foreigners. 70% of it was comprised of Syrians.

"Brutal Islamic Shariah" -

1.) Shariah is not brutal. Surprise, surprise, yet another thing for which you're talking out of your behind.

2.) Even if they want to have an Islamic government, what's it to you? It's their country, the majority of Syrians are conservative Sunnis, and they're the ones undergoing a genocide. Why is what they want such a bad thing when it's their own country? P.S. the Syrian constitution already pays lip service to using Islam as a major source of legislation.

You can consider that an improvement if you want... I don't. To me, it's like replacing Stalin with Hitler.

1.) What you consider it to be doesn't matter. What matters is what the Syrian people want.

2.) It's like that to you because you're wrong. It's like replacing Hitler with the Jews of the Warsaw ghetto. Or like replacing the apartheid regime in South Africa with Nelson Mandela's group.

3.) Tell me in what way Idlib is just as bad as, if not worse, than Syria under Assad's control. Like I said, I'll be waiting forever because there is no way you can ever compare anything the rebels have done since 2011 with what Assad does in just a month.

None of this is relevant to the point I am making.

Um, it was all entirely relevant. You just didn't know how to answer it because you'd be forced to concede that Assad is worse by basically every metric. :)

1.) You were making the silly, unfounded point that the rebels would have done just as much damage had they had the means. I pointed out that they did have the means to imprison & torture people to death (including civilians), yet they mainly imprisoned combatants & the percentage (and numbers, importantly) of those they tortured to death is WAY BELOW the percentage (and numbers) of those imprisoned & tortured to death by the regime/allies (mainly non-combatants).

That fact alone crushes your silly statement but you're too proud to admit you were wrong. But it's more shameful to continue to go on with your wrong views when it justifies Assad's existence than it is to admit you were falsely accusing those of undergoing a genocide of being just as bad. It's okay to admit to the latter as long as you desist.

2.) And of course you'd ignore the actual Syrians living in Ghouta. That's what western Assadists do.

3.) I gave you a link showing the intention of foreign fighters against the regime. But of course you'd also ignore that.

I hope I've cleared that up enough for you to be able to understand it, though I think you'll continue to clutch onto your views because you refuse to believe religious Muslims could be better than a sectarian "secular" genocidal dictator.

But I'm not counting on a jihadi supporter to think clearly and objectively about this....

I'm not counting on a genocide supporter to think clearly and objectively about the Syrian genocide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Distorted logic concludes that Islamism is "good" for inviting Jews back into Palestine after conquoring it.

Like mohammed the false prophet, they probably enslaved women and molested children too. Freaks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Everybody knows that the VAST majority of today's terrorists are muslims.

I'm pretty sure your original post said that all terrorists are Muslims before you edited. Anyway:

1.) Please don't include Assad's regime or his Shia allies among Muslims. Also, fighting for Assad's regime doesn't make Russian terrorists Muslims, fyi.

2.) Everyone.....except people of the truth and objectivity, including those who researched the topic:

The study, recently published online by the Journal of Communication, sampled 146 episodes of prominent news programs focused on breaking news (rather than commentary) that aired on ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and Univision over the calendar years 2008-12.

Dixon found that among those described as domestic terrorists on those programs, 81 percent were identifiable as Muslims. Yet in FBI reports for the same period, only 6 percent of domestic terrorist suspects were Muslim, or about one in 17. (In fact, terrorism on American soil is far more likely to be committed by white supremacists, Dixon said.)

Muslims and Latinos much more prominent in TV crime news than in real-life crime | News Bureau | University of Illinois

3.) "So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent."

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

4.)
piechart2.jpg

All Terrorists are Muslims...Except the 94% that Aren't | loonwatch.com

barchart-copy-502x502-custom.jpg

Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims...Except the 99.6% that Aren't | loonwatch.com

Just like their own propaganda channels, you can only bark about Assad.

You mean like the UN, Doctors Without Borders, the Red Cross/Crescent, Amnesty International, and Human Rights Watch?

I mean, it's to be expected that the regime and allies that are responsible for 90%+ of the civilian casualties are called the most evil, most brutal, and most horrible entity in Syria.

You can't see how both sides (for the most part) are just different sides of the same coin.

Yeah, because it's called being objective. The regime/allies are waaaaay down here and the opposition as a whole is waaaaaay up here when it comes to good morals and being just.

The only reason Assad makes more victims, is because he has the opportunity to do so. If the tables were turned, it wouldn't be any different. And you know it.

Nah, I showed you why you're speculations are absolutely wrong and not based in reality (like showing you the figure for those imprisoned & tortured to death).

Your speculation is wrong and the reality is that most of the regime's atrocities have been against civilians (on purpose, because they seek to terrorize civilians to force them to give up their fight for freedom and justice) whereas most of the rebels only intentionally target non-combatants.

Put a nuke somewhere in a western city and hand over the detonator to one of those islamists that you idolize and he wouldn't hesitate for a second to push the button. He'ld even be proud of it. He'ld be called a hero and the internet would be flooded with propaganda about his accomplishment.

And you know it.

Nah, I don't know it and he wouldn't. You call them Islamists but then say he'd act against Islam (by targeting non-combatants)? mmmkay.

I asked you a question previously.....

Oh, so you expect me to answer everything when you'll ignore entirely relevant parts of my post because you know there is no way you can give a proper response to them?

Double standards, yet again.

Suppose one of those islamist factions, who have openly stated that their goal is an islamic state with the rule of shariah, succeed in overthrowing Assad an ceasing power.... What do you think will happen next?

Something better than Assad's regime will be in place, that's for sure. And I don't even have to think. I just have to look towards Idlib.

Don't lie now........

I haven't been the one lying or talking out of my behind. You, on the other hand.....

Who here is defending Assad's regime?

You, by virtue of making his opposition just as bad as him and making him seem preferable to the rebels. Make the Jews as bad as the Nazis in the Holocaust and then you'll see what I mean.

So do all the jihadi's.

I did say all.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I mean, it's to be expected that the regime and allies that are responsible for 90%+ of the civilian casualties are called the most evil, most brutal, and most horrible entity in Syria.

Yeah, because it's called being objective. The regime/allies are waaaaay down here and the opposition as a whole is waaaaaay up here when it comes to good morals and being just.

LOL. Why do Sunni terrorists purposely hide within civilian populations then if they're supposedly "more moral"? Are they stupid? Why do they act suprised when civilians get killed when they created that environment?

If you don't have the military capacity to match up to your opponents, the moral position is never to put civilian lives at risk... The wise decision is to surrender and take the diplomatic route. So the Sunni's and shia's are equally immoral, thus that's why wherever Islam exists as a majority, you see immorality and human rights violations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
YPG = kurds.

The YPG is comprised of mainly Kurds, but they do not represent Kurds. In fact, many Kurds dislike them precisely because of their betrayal of the Sunnis.

You've continued to expose your ignorance about what's going on in Syria. I would've considered that as an excuse for your atrocious equating of the rebels to the regime, but I don't think anyone deserves that excuse in 2018.

Aiding the regime? Are you talking about Assad's regime?
If yes, then what are you smoking?

Yes. The YPG aided in the besieging and fall of Aleppo. The overwhelming sentiment I have seen from Syrians is that they will never forgive the YPG for this betrayal.

As late as March 2015, the British government said it was “very difficult to provide any support to the PYD while they maintain links to the Assad regime.”

Why Solely Backing the PYD Against the Islamic State is a Mistake

"From Sheikh Maqsoud, the YPG fired on the rebels defending the Castello Road. YPG forces temporarily took control, on July 26, of the public Youth Housing Project, protecting the left flank of the 4th Syrian Armored Brigade, which progressed southward from Mallah Farms. The YPG also attacked the Bani Zaid district, to the west of Sheikh Maqsoud, forcing the rebels to retreat to avoid being caught between the Syrian army and the Kurdish forces. Since summer 2012, the rebels have made repeated attempts to seize the Sheikh Maqsoud district. Whereas the YPG might have remained neutral in this battle, the group clearly indicated its preference through its actions, contributing to its overall strategy of cooperating with Russia in order to connect the Kurdish enclaves of Afrin and Kobane.

This past February, the YPG in Afrin similarly worked to back Syrian government aims, joining with the Arab brigade Jaish al-Thuwar (Revolutionary Army), Shiite militias, and the Syrian army, aided by Russian airstrikes, to close the rebel corridor connecting East Aleppo and Turkey (see PolicyWatch 2554, "The Battle of Aleppo Is the Center of the Syrian Chessboard")."

Kurdish Forces Bolster Assad in Aleppo

"The major achievement of the February offensive was severing an important rebel supply line through the Azaz corridor, which left the Aleppo rebels dependent on the vulnerable Castello Road. This might have been impossible without the role of a third party that received little mention in official U.S. circles: the U.S.-supported Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing, the People’s Protection Units (YPG). As the regime progressed amid Russian airstrikes on rebel positions, the YPG moved against several insurgent areas, including some that were under regime and Russian attack at the time. At some points, Russia apparently provided Kurdish forces with air support, though this is difficult to confirm. YPG forces also attacked Castello Road."

How Rebel Territory in Aleppo Was Encircled

And here is the YPG whining about how the Russians (i.e. the country that is the reason why the regime is still in power) sold them out (loool, that's what those backstabbers get):

"In a statement released on the pro-Kurdish Firat News Agency website, YPG commander Sipan Hemo warned that Russia would "apologise" for abandoning the YPG-controlled enclave to Turkey and its Syrian proxies.

"For two years, Russian forces have been in Afrin, and they have claimed that they will resolve certain issues working together with Kurds," he said.

"They constantly said a solution without Kurds is not possible. We had certain arrangements with Russia. But Russia suddenly disregarded these agreements and betrayed us."

Pro-Kurdish forces condemn Russian 'betrayal' over Afrin offensive

“There are different ways to get reinforcements to Afrin but the fundamental route is via regime forces. There are understandings between the two forces ... for the sake of delivering reinforcements to Afrin,” Kino Gabriel, spokesman for the Kurdish-dominated Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), said.

Friend or foe? Assad quietly aids Syrian Kurds against Turkey

#Afrin today as the crowds wave Syrian government and pro-YPG flags: The guy chants: "Allah, Syria, and Bashar" The crowd cheers.

You aren't aware of Turkey's (or rather: Erdogan's) hatred of Kurds?

I was aware of secular Turkey's hatred of the Kurds. For example, the secularists you tout as a success-story (among Islamic nations in the region) in Turkey banned the Kurdish language. Erdogan unbanned it. Many religious Kurds love Erdogan, like in Urfa.

You aren't aware how the YPG makes up for the main faction of SDF?

And? Who said the SDF was good? lol.

You aren't aware how the YPG looks to be the most effective opposition of ISIS?

Uhhhh, it's definitely not the most effective opposition to ISIS, especially when it displaces Arab inhabitants of Sunni villages. It's only been as effective as it has been because of US aircover. Without it, they wouldn't be able to hold their own against ISIS. OTOH, the rebels were able to get rid of ISIS on their own from several places even though they're fighting on so many fronts. And their victories are more likely to be long-term, since they're not doing anything like displacing indigenous inhabitants from their homes.

And for good reason.

What good reason is there for using stronger words against the rebels than against the YPG? What good reason is there for using stronger words against Turkey than you do against Assad's regime? There is none.

First, an independent UN report concluded that there was exactly zero evidence of YPG genocide.

A fact-finding mission to northern Syria has uncovered a wave of forced displacement and home demolitions amounting to war crimes carried out by the Autonomous Administration led by the Syrian Kurdish political party Partiya Yekîtiya Demokrat (PYD) controlling the area, said Amnesty International in a report published today. The Autonomous Administration is a key ally, on the ground, of the US-led coalition fighting against the armed group calling itself the Islamic State (IS) in Syria.

Syria: US ally’s razing of villages amounts to war crimes

"The 107-page report, “Under Kurdish Rule: Abuses in PYD-Run Enclaves of Syria,” documents arbitrary arrests of the PYD’s political opponents, abuse in detention, and unsolved abductions and murders. It also documents the use of children in the PYD’s police force and armed wing, the People’s Protection Units (YPG)."

Syria: Abuses in Kurdish-run Enclaves

“My daughter went to school and was taken from there by a group of YPJ,” a father of a 14-year-old girl near Qamishli said. “We knew nothing about her until a YPJ commander called and informed us that she had joined YPJ.”

Syria: Kurdish Forces Violating Child Soldier Ban

I also read about Kurdish civilians fleeing the YPG and there testimonies. I seem to remember one person going to Iraq to flee them. It's a shame I can't find that article, but I'll keep searching for it.

YPG Fire on Refugee Camps.

Second, Erdogan is a sneaky, backstabbing, liar. At least Assad is open and honest about how evil he is.

Assad is open about it? Um, no. He denied that it was his men who responded to protests with fatal violence. He denied using barrel bombs. He denied using chemical weapons. He denied using sarin. He calls the opposition terrorists and says he is for the liberation of Syrians. He denied being the party responsible for the massacres of Sunni villages in 2011 and 2012. In what way is he open and honest about his evil? lol.

Erdogan - not so much. The guy is a very evil and dangerous man. Did you not read about the 200-page propaganda book that was distributed even here in Belgium? How many political opposers and journalists as he arrested by now? 20.000? 30.000?

I wish Erdogan much success against the people who try to impose militant secularism, like the one you praised earlier as a success story.

There's loads of evidence of him actually aiding Daesh as well.

Yeah, that's why ISIS keeps attacking his country, because he's aiding them. Gotcha.

For the upteenth time: there are almost no "good guys" in this conflict. Each of them's cruelty and barbarism is only matched by their peers or opposers. They are all the same.

For the umpteenth time, you're wrong.

Evil, power hungry people with no ethics, no respect and rather ridiculous religious beliefs.

Ah, it's nice to see that you finally admitted that your real issue is with Islam and religious Muslims (since you're not just including Alawites and Shias in that comment, but the opposition which is mainly Sunni).

If Assad and his cohorts are defeated tomorrow, another nutcase will take his place and it will simply continue.

God-willing they will be defeated tomorrow and the people who will take his place are those just, God-fearing believers who will have the pleasure of God.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God-willing they will be defeated tomorrow and the people who will take his place are those just, God-fearing believers who will have the pleasure of God.

...Or maybe the Sunni's will be completely exterminated by a minority. Whatever happens is Gods will, right?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
It has now been 7 full years since the start of the revolution and subsequent genocide. We're now going into its 8th year. Some sobering facts (regarding point 2, those are just the ones outside of Syria. Add another 6+ million to that figure if you count the internally displaced people), the overwhelming majority of it due to Assad's regime and its allies.

2utivqq.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0