Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haha there was a Simpson's episode where the statue of David was on tour and it came to Springfield. There was a big hoopla about how inappropriate it was ("Think of the children!!! Won't someone think of the children!!!" One of the solutions proposed was to put him in blue jeans.

Anyways I think it's possible to be innocent of the opposite sex's body (in a lustful sexual way) and to also see the human body as an art form. I've never seen a naked man in the flesh. I feel that that is something special and that I will share with my husband. However, I have seen nude art and have seen David up close in person. I am able to thank God for His creation and yet I assure you when my husband and I are together for the first time (and probably many times afterwards) there is nothing that will be diminished from the purity and specialness and innocence of that.

I was trying to find that episode on Youtube, but no such luck. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that post.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a question for the women.....
If a guy walks topless outside in the summer, will get consumed with lust?

I think people who live in a city see topless or scantly clad people all of the time. Dudes cut the grass around here with no tops on:nooo:

Driving around Salem in the summer I'll often see guys walking around without their shirts on. They're usually the gangster kind of peeps which doesn't appeal to me at all, but I'll admit I'll take a nanosecond to appreciate their physical beauty. To call it lust is a very big stretch.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think people who live in a city see topless or scantly clad people all of the time. Dudes cut the grass around here with no tops on:nooo:

I'm certainly not used to it. That's what was confusing me. I wasn't sure if it was lust or just confusion at their half-nakedness. LOL

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't really lust that was bothering me. It was how out of context these men were in my culture.

I wonder if they know their half nakedness is inappropriate here?
I'm not going to ask...:blush:

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Driving around Salem in the summer I'll often see guys walking around without their shirts on. They're usually the gangster kind of peeps which doesn't appeal to me at all, but I'll admit I'll take a nanosecond to appreciate their physical beauty. To call it lust is a very big stretch.

Nanosecond? I don't believe it lol. I think maybe 2 seconds is what you do lol!

I'm certainly not used to it. That's what was confusing me. I wasn't sure if it was lust or just confusion at their half-nakedness. LOL

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't really lust that was bothering me. It was how out of context these men were in my culture.

I wonder if they know their half nakedness is inappropriate here?
I'm not going to ask...
blush.gif

I think further south you go in the US and along coastal states you will get more topless people. Here we even have guys jogging topless (all races no lie) Cities with fit people wear practically nothing or form fitting cold gear in the winter. The women wearing the cold gear in the winger jogging=:love: I wonder if I got topless could I cause an accident while pumping gas. I just need for a woman to stuck her head out of the window and not watch the road for a hot sec. (joking)

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

I prefer blokes to wear shirts but that is a personal thing.

True innocence would be the ability to look at every part of an opposite sex's body without thinking dirty, impure thoughts. Avoiding a person's body isn't innocence, it's avoidance.

If a kid doesn't even know what s*x is, it's pretty hard for them to conjour up anything inappropritate, but it's innocence nonetheless. I do avoid it yes, because I don't want to know what a bloke looks like. It has no value to me whatsoever to know what a naked bloke looks like. In the same manner, it is of no value to anyone to know what I look like therefore I'm not going to add to anyone's imagination that piece of knowledge.

Note, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to avoid seeing those things. I just can't see a way that it can be called innocence. When I think about innocence, I think about kids that play doctor and show each other what they have, not for any sexual reason what-so-ever, but just because they have different stuff and it's funny and curious to them.

See, that's where we differ because when I was a kid, I was never aware of my own body so therefore I never did any of that stuff. I was never curious about anything of that nature. So, I do wonder why people think it's normal for kids to do that. Is it? I don't know. But none of my sisters or I were like that. Another classic TanteBelle oddity? When I think of innocence, I think of kids who no absolutely nothing on the subject! Either the physical differences or the acts itself.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
See, that's where we differ because when I was a kid, I was never aware of my own body so therefore I never did any of that stuff. I was never curious about anything of that nature. So, I do wonder why people think it's normal for kids to do that. Is it? I don't know. But none of my sisters or I were like that. Another classic TanteBelle oddity? When I think of innocence, I think of kids who no absolutely nothing on the subject! Either the physical differences or the acts itself.

I wasn't aware of my body in that way when I was a kid either.
Playing doctor and all the stuff never fascinated me.
My body really held no interest to me. LOL
I don't think it's that odd...

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
All this clothing/no clothing/partial clothing analysis tires me.

Everything is context relative. Anyone ever see the movie "Schindler's List"? There is a scene in that movie where in a concentration camp hundreds of Jews are forced to run in a circle completely nude and then checked by a doctor to determine their general health.

Nothing could have been more of a turn off for me from a sexual perspective. I think most normal people with some empathy would feel the same.

On the flip side - getting sexually excited can have absolutely nothing to do with clothing. When I was still in high school - I went to a meeting of a bunch of other fully clothed people and was sitting next to a female I was friends with. We were visable but not highly conspicuous to everyone else. She made a soft comment to me and started to rub my upper leg. To this day I don't remember what she said but I can picture the scene and how I felt like it was yesterday. Ha - I also remember getting a little annoyed that standing up was a little problematic when it was time to go.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ignorance and innocence are not the same thing.

Also, why do you censor the word "sex"? It's not bad, it's not dirty. It's a shame that it is as taboo as it is, so why obscure the terminology?

I'm not saying I was ignorant of my body, it was innocence.
I am a bookworm. I knew clinical terms for body parts and their functions.
I also wasn't censoring the word sex.

Some kids "play doctor" and some kids don't.
I was stating that I personally never had any inclination to be curious beyond textbooks as a child about the body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

TanteBelle

Ignorance and innocence are not the same thing.

Also, why do you censor the word "sex"? It's not bad, it's not dirty. It's a shame that it is as taboo as it is, so why obscure the terminology?

No, it is none of those things, but it's also not a part of my vocabulary. I don't get up anyone else for putting it up but it's not a word that I use. It is a tabboo thing in my house though! It's just not talked about ever.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying I was ignorant of my body, it was innocence.
I am a bookworm. I knew clinical terms for body parts and their functions.
I also wasn't censoring the word sex.

I was replying to someone else.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe there's a class?
I need to to work on mine too ^_^
:thumbsup: me too
I think it can be in both. I can't really "explain" what does and doesn't look prudish or trashy, I can only recognize it when I see it.
See, that itself says it's subjective.
To us of faith yes but those who are doing it don't see it like that.

I think God meant for there to be something strong there. If a bloke is so desensitized to a naked girl I kinda wonder what's going to be so special about the woman he marries. 'Eh, girls; seen plenty of those before!' But then again, maybe Israelite women of the Bible should have dressed less. Then Solomon might not have been so inclined to marry 1000 of them!! ^_^ But really, to be honest - and some folks might have to brace themselves - but I have never seen a naked bloke. I don't want to either! Not unless or until God has decided that there's going to be one bloke in my life. And I sure don't want to see a heap of them before hand so that I can become 'mature' or desensitized to it all. I'm kinda lost as to how innocence has become a thing that is wrong!?
really? I can see "hot" men all day long and not find them near as sexy as the person I'm in love with.
True innocence would be the ability to look at every part of an opposite sex's body without thinking dirty, impure thoughts. Avoiding a person's body isn't innocence, it's avoidance.

Note, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to avoid seeing those things. I just can't see a way that it can be called innocence. When I think about innocence, I think about kids that play doctor and show each other what they have, not for any sexual reason what-so-ever, but just because they have different stuff and it's funny and curious to them.

And if nudity wasn't special, and seeing people naked all the time was the norm, marriage would still be extremely special. Why? Because you are going to be connected to that person in a very physical sense. Genesis talks about it, 2 joining together to be 1 flesh. There is something extremely intense and exciting about sex that wouldn't be lost by a desensitizing of nudity.
agree with underlined

sexy? I guess it depends, but no, it doesn't make me lust. I just go "ooh, nice chest/back". That's as far as the internal commentary goes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Starnchrist

Queen_E Formerly Soldier <3
Jul 7, 2010
New York
✟12,690.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
:thumbsup: me too

See, that itself says it's subjective.

really? I can see "hot" men all day long and not find them near as sexy as the person I'm in love with.

agree with underlined

sexy? I guess it depends, but no, it doesn't make me lust. I just go "ooh, nice chest/back". That's as far as the internal commentary goes.

Lol...What if they got some messed up pecks? lol JK. LOVE EM ALL!!

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Also, I think I like Kev. He writes good posts.

here is my take on the matter:

I don't do the short skirts thing because I don't want my bum hanging out. Knee-length is as short as I get, and that is even troublesome on a windy day. Skirts are way better than shorts for warm weather.

Here is an issue I have, though - it is embarrassing, but I have hyperhydrosis. I sweat a TON from my underarms. (Thanks to Secret deodorant, it doesn't smell.) So I can't wear things with sleeves, even short ones, because I sweat through it within 3mins of putting it on. I wear a lot of tanktops, but none with cleavage showing. It is purely a practical thing for me.

Reactions: kevlite2020
Upvote 0