Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously, there are many things people can do even fully clothed to drive the opposite sex crazy.

Girls learned.... thousands of years ago.... that guys are often "turned on" more by what they DON'T see than by what they do. I don't think this works the other way around, but it sure works that way....

The whole lingerie industry is BUILT on this phenomenon, this aspect of guy sexuality. Why is it a mini-shirt is so much sexier than short shorts? The skin showing is the same (or less) - but it's the tease.

Now, I don't want that taken out of context. In MY opinion, a girl with NICE legs, attactive legs can certain reveal such. And her doing so does not CAUSE me to.... anything. NO one and NO thing can MAKE me think, feel, say or do anything: only I can do that. I do NOT think that short skirts or pants is necessarily inappropriate or "wrong." BUT, I do think all girls know this (peculiar) aspect of male sexuality and it CAN be done with inappropriate INTENT. [Of course, guys sexuality is such that being entirely covered with a potato sack can do the same thing - it don't take much]

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, ankles can be very sexy, even in American culture.

Seriously, there are many things people can do even fully clothed to drive the opposite sex crazy. The majority of the time it is in the intent and not in what they're actually wearing.

A girl who is strutting around and sending off "sexy" vibes is going to attract more guys even if she's fully clothed than a girl who is wearing short shorts and a tank top who is running around just being generally friendly.

I'm the friendly type, which is how I figured this out. Guys don't tend to put me in the "sexy" category as much as the "sister" category.

Usually I don't get mad at the girls who feel the need to flirt with every guy for attention because to me that just says they really aren't secure in who they are outside of their sexuality.

That's what I've been missing.

I need to work on my sexy vibes. :p

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for mentioning shirtless guys! I know a lot of men would like to pretend that women don't have eyes (or the ability to lust) but we do.

Women have eyes!? Ha! Next thing you'll be tryin' to tell me you have hair too! What's after that, 'demanding to vote'!?

:p

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Is trashy and prudish more in the personality than the clothing? Or can you explain your opinion of what would be prudish looking or trashy looking?

I think it can be in both. I can't really "explain" what does and doesn't look prudish or trashy, I can only recognize it when I see it.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is trashy and prudish more in the personality than the clothing? Or can you explain your opinion of what would be prudish looking or trashy looking?

A little of column 'A', a little of column 'B'; any girl can make any outfit 'promiscuous' with a few simple gestures of body language, and of course others may see an outfit as being provocative whereas others may not (relativity).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Women have eyes!? Ha! Next thing you'll be tryin' to tell me you have hair too! What's after that, 'demanding to vote'!?

:p

VOTE?!? HA HA HA! Surely you jest, good sir! Everyone knows that women cannot leave their homes long enough to go partake in a man's world! Who will cook dinner, or change the children? Next, you'll tell me they want to leave the house to work a job like a man! You silly youngin's and your hallucinations.

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

By definition, no they aren't. Fidelity is measured as a trait of monogamy.

To us of faith yes but those who are doing it don't see it like that.

And I don't believe that God wants us to be so immature that we get a rush of sexual hormones every time we see nipples or genitals. Especially considering we had to be culturally conditioned to react that way in the first place. Without such conditioning, there is no such constant temptation.

Do you really think that God prefers a condition of constant temptation to lust over the absence of that temptation? I find that absurd.

I think God meant for there to be something strong there. If a bloke is so desensitized to a naked girl I kinda wonder what's going to be so special about the woman he marries. 'Eh, girls; seen plenty of those before!' But then again, maybe Israelite women of the Bible should have dressed less. Then Solomon might not have been so inclined to marry 1000 of them!! ^_^ But really, to be honest - and some folks might have to brace themselves - but I have never seen a naked bloke. I don't want to either! Not unless or until God has decided that there's going to be one bloke in my life. And I sure don't want to see a heap of them before hand so that I can become 'mature' or desensitized to it all. I'm kinda lost as to how innocence has become a thing that is wrong!?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem seeing a woman with a lot of skin showing. I say she can wear what she looks good in. God's prettiest creation is the woman's body in my mind. It beats all other great views I've seen hiking 1000s of miles of trails in nature.

Some guys who don't respect woman take advantage and say inaproperate things. That shows they don't repect people, women in particularly. Confimation.

But a woman has to dress how she feels comfortable and what she can wear in faith.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think God meant for there to be something strong there. If a bloke is so desensitized to a naked girl I kinda wonder what's going to be so special about the woman he marries. 'Eh, girls; seen plenty of those before!' But then again, maybe Israelite women of the Bible should have dressed less. Then Solomon might not have been so inclined to marry 1000 of them!! ^_^ But really, to be honest - and some folks might have to brace themselves - but I have never seen a naked bloke. I don't want to either! Not unless or until God has decided that there's going to be one bloke in my life. And I sure don't want to see a heap of them before hand so that I can become 'mature' or desensitized to it all. I'm kinda lost as to how innocence has become a thing that is wrong!?

True innocence would be the ability to look at every part of an opposite sex's body without thinking dirty, impure thoughts. Avoiding a person's body isn't innocence, it's avoidance.

Note, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to avoid seeing those things. I just can't see a way that it can be called innocence. When I think about innocence, I think about kids that play doctor and show each other what they have, not for any sexual reason what-so-ever, but just because they have different stuff and it's funny and curious to them.

And if nudity wasn't special, and seeing people naked all the time was the norm, marriage would still be extremely special. Why? Because you are going to be connected to that person in a very physical sense. Genesis talks about it, 2 joining together to be 1 flesh. There is something extremely intense and exciting about sex that wouldn't be lost by a desensitizing of nudity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

For some reason this makes me think of Mulan in the scene where she tries to take a bath in peace and quiet...

I'm really starting to think that it's all about context.
If the context of the person showing skin is intended to be sexual it's very different than if it's just functional.

That's why I think the guys wandering around my town recently shirtless bother me so much. They are advertising their bodies, it's not like Vermont gets so insanely hot that they have a genuine need to be shirtless to walk around town.

It's very sweet that you haven't ever seen a naked guy.
Preserving your innocence like that nowadays is difficult.
Heck it's difficult to go to college and not have a run in with a random naked drunk person.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There's a naked statue of a rather manly David at the Vatican. No one (I know of) sees anything inappropriate about this. Of course, he's marble.

Hum....

Haha there was a Simpson's episode where the statue of David was on tour and it came to Springfield. There was a big hoopla about how inappropriate it was ("Think of the children!!! Won't someone think of the children!!!" One of the solutions proposed was to put him in blue jeans.

Anyways I think it's possible to be innocent of the opposite sex's body (in a lustful sexual way) and to also see the human body as an art form. I've never seen a naked man in the flesh. I feel that that is something special and that I will share with my husband. However, I have seen nude art and have seen David up close in person. I am able to thank God for His creation and yet I assure you when my husband and I are together for the first time (and probably many times afterwards) there is nothing that will be diminished from the purity and specialness and innocence of that.

Upvote 0

darktipper

Outside I look bad but inside is like candy :)
Apr 10, 2011
Somewhere in outer space.....
✟15,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a question for the women.....
If a guy walks topless outside in the summer, will get consumed with lust?

I think people who live in a city see topless or scantly clad people all of the time. Dudes cut the grass around here with no tops on:nooo:

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

There's a naked statue of a rather manly David at the Vatican. No one (I know of) sees anything inappropriate about this. Of course, he's marble.

Hum....

Last fall my mom took a trip to Italy with a large group from our area. One of the museums they visited had statues like this, and she said it was pretty funny to watch people as their eyes looked up, did a super fast glance down, then back up again. Repeatedly. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about those forms of art, but I do see the humorous side to people's reactions to it.

Upvote 0