Still really trying, can't get past Christian hate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I've been reading book after book about Jesus, different ways of interpreting faith, salvation, etc. I felt like I had found some element of faith, or taken a step forward on some path.

Then I come on here, and get a hard reminder of what Christians are actually like. I feel like I have taken a dozen steps backwards. I've been hit with this slam of "I don't want to be like that, don't want to be around people who are like that, and certainly don't want to others to think I'm like them."

Hi,
It was the year 2000. I now was a Christian. Time passed.
It was the year 2005. I was now becoming a Spirit led Christian.
It was January of 2006. I barely listened to my faith plus call. I finally made it, on the second attempt, after being reassured that this was no hoax. and my A GIFT, was given to me.

I am now days back home after a 27 hour flight.
Someone knocks on my door. I open it. It is two young men in black. I wretch.

Never before have I wretched. Never before have I known at this level of understanding. Mumbling in realization and in sickness words escape. "Who. Who do you want me to give up? " The storm door is still closed. I don't know what they saw. Slowly I was able to right myself in fear, as maybe they thought I was saying: "What do you want me to give up" Maybe they would hear and think, they are saving me from some evil habit.
The words are uncertain now. "Who? Jesus? God The Father? Who, the Holy Spirit?" I am sick to my stomach. Finally I right myself and it is the same talk, The Holy Spirit always gives to them. When it is over, I close the door and walk back into my living room. At the threshold, I say to God: "I have this great stuff for the *******, I have nothing for the ****." ~Matthew 7:15~ What in the heck is that? Did I hear words? No, it is like this is in me now. I looked it up, in three months time I would understand.
What I understood is in civilian life. What I understood is in certain religions as their primary objective. What I learned is in certain Christians. What I learned is how to separate the Wolves from the Sheep. I learned that men, who are nice always are those sheep of God. Jesus called them figs, I think. He said figs are not found on briars, meaning on people who hate, get angry, and hurt others easily.
I learned that women who are nice always are those sheep of God also. Jesus called them grapes I think. He said they are not found on thornbushesm meaning women who verbally hurt others and get angry easily.
Yes, I have used this everywhere. Yes it has stood up to all my observations. Even here on CF, some are Matthew 7:15'rs, but they also on the surface tell you how nice, important, and how much they know about God. Grapes, and Figs do not do that.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
It was the year 2000. I now was a Christian. Time passed.
It was the year 2005. I was now becoming a Spirit led Christian.
It was January of 2006. I barely listened to my faith plus call. I finally made it, on the second attempt, after being reassured that this was no hoax. and my A GIFT, was given to me.

I am now days back home after a 27 hour flight.
Someone knocks on my door. I open it. It is two young men in black. I wretch.

Never before have I wretched. Never before have I known at this level of understanding. Mumbling in realization and in sickness words escape. "Who. Who do you want me to give up? " The storm door is still closed. I don't know what they saw. Slowly I was able to right myself in fear, as maybe they thought I was saying: "What do you want me to give up" Maybe they would hear and think, they are saving me from some evil habit.
The words are uncertain now. "Who? Jesus? God The Father? Who, the Holy Spirit?" I am sick to my stomach. Finally I right myself and it is the same talk, The Holy Spirit always gives to them. When it is over, I close the door and walk back into my living room. At the threshold, I say to God: "I have this great stuff for the *******, I have nothing for the ****." ~Matthew 7:15~ What in the heck is that? Did I hear words? No, it is like this is in me now. I looked it up, in three months time I would understand.
What I understood is in civilian life. What I understood is in certain religions as their primary objective. What I learned is in certain Christians. What I learned is how to separate the Wolves from the Sheep. I learned that men, who are nice always are those sheep of God. Jesus called them figs, I think. He said figs are not found on briars, meaning on people who hate, get angry, and hurt others easily.
I learned that women who are nice always are those sheep of God also. Jesus called them grapes I think. He said they are not found on thornbushesm meaning women who verbally hurt others and get angry easily.
Yes, I have used this everywhere. Yes it has stood up to all my observations. Even here on CF, some are Matthew 7:15'rs, but they also on the surface tell you how nice, important, and how much they know about God. Grapes, and Figs do not do that.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Being nice all the time is not necessarily a measure of true faith. Jesus Christ was not "nice" all the time. He cleansed the temple and gave those Pharisees quite a hard time.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Being nice all the time is not necessarily a measure of true faith. Jesus Christ was not "nice" all the time. He cleansed the temple and gave those Pharisees quite a hard time.

Hi,
Maybe He was never mean to those doing The Will of God?

He wasn't nice to Peter once also, no it was four times. Get away from me Satan. Peter do you love Me...

I take it back. He was not nice to Peter only once, and that was when Peter was Satan, for the briefest of moments.

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg
MOD HAT ON

This thread is closed at the request of the OP.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.