So finally , I am Hindu now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXX

Oct 17, 2004
✟504.00
Faith
Hindu
I am posting this thread to inform my friends on this forum that finally after so much study , thought and self-questioning, I have converted to Hindusim (Sanatan Dharma).

This forum also helped me a lot in understanding that aspects of Hinduism which i was totally ignorant.

Thanks

Hare Krishna
Hare Ram

Reactions: ravenscape

Rusticus

Jul 2, 2005
✟8,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MAXX said:
I am posting this thread to inform my friends on this forum that finally after so much study , thought and self-questioning I have finally converted to Hindusim (Sanatan Dharma).

This forum also helped me a lot in understanding that aspects of Hinduism which i was totally ignorant.

Thanks

Hare Krishna

I always thought one was born a Hindu. (meaning that conversion was not actually possible).

But, of course, I have been wrong before.

Can you please explain this?

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rusticus said:
I always thought one was born a Hindu. (meaning that conversion was not actually possible).

But, of course, I have been wrong before.

Can you please explain this?
That's what I'd been told, as well. That you had to be born Hindu.

Upvote 0

indianx

Veteran
May 30, 2005
✟16,918.00
Faith
Hindu
Told by whom? If it was from a Hindu, he or she was mistaken.

I am posting this thread to inform my friends on this forum that finally after so much study , thought and self-questioning, I have converted to Hindusim (Sanatan Dharma).

Thanks

Hare Krishna
Hare Ram

Hi Maxx, welcome my friend in this journey of ours.

Upvote 0

sanaa

Sep 30, 2004
bombay
✟3,305.00
Faith
Hindu
genuine voluntary conversions in which the person was drawn towards hinduism without any evangelising is ok . conversions are frowned upon though not forbidden by mainstream hindus of today . personally i feel the person should be genuine and sincere for a few years before being taken seriously as nowadays sometimes there are temporary fads of converting to eastern religions

anyway welcome maxx, good luck on ur spiritual journey

Upvote 0

Rusticus

Jul 2, 2005
✟8,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the information to both of you.

So, would it be correct to say that whilst Hinus do not actively encourage converts, they do accept them?

Which leads to a further question:

Is there any formal "study" that needs to be undertaken, and Is there any sort of ceremony that is required for the conversion to be "official"? (Like along the lines of a christian baptism or the [for some christians anyway] christian-born-again-thing?)

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well MAXX, good to hear you're done seeking, even if I don't agree with your religious beliefs. Better something than nothing.

Rusticus said:
Which leads to a further question:

Is there any formal "study" that needs to be undertaken, and Is there any sort of ceremony that is required for the conversion to be "official"? (Like along the lines of a christian baptism or the [for some christians anyway] christian-born-again-thing?)

Some Hindu temples do offer Hindu sacraments and naming ceremonies which allow people to officially convert to Hinduism. That said, Hinduism states that it isn't necessary to convert to Hinduism, because one can obey the religion without undergoing the rituals.

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
arunma said:
Some Hindu temples do offer Hindu sacraments and naming ceremonies which allow people to officially convert to Hinduism. That said, Hinduism states that it isn't necessary to convert to Hinduism, because one can obey the religion without undergoing the rituals.

In Sanatan Dharma theres no such thing as conversion based on some rituals. All a person needs to do his change is Conciousness thats all.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
sefroth77 said:
In Sanatan Dharma theres no such thing as conversion based on some rituals. All a person needs to do his change is Conciousness thats all.

Well like I said, many Hindu temples offer to perform sacraments for converts anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
MAXX said:

Thanks

Hare Krishna
Hare Ram

Hare Krishna MAX. Finally you've understood what reality is. Sanatana Dharma is a religion for the soul not the Material Body. The Soul is pure and full of bliss(Part and parcel of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Shri Krishna) the Soul is equal to all living beings and thus you should see everyone as equal, Be it Hindu,Muslim,Christian,Buddist or others, everyone is equal in the eyes of God so that eyes you must have, thats the beauty of Sanatana Dharma.

Hope you increase your spiritual life and get liberated from this material entanglement.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare,
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare hare

Upvote 0

Eldy

Aug 9, 2005
✟963.00
Faith
MAXX said:

Thanks

Hare Krishna
Hare Ram
My condolensces. How very, very sad.

Upvote 0

Eldy

Aug 9, 2005
✟963.00
Faith
arunma said:
Better something than nothing.
Wrong. How is it better? It only serves to fill in that gap that God created for us to use to seek Him with something false and futile. It is not better. The enemy created such religions just for this purpose, to make a person feel content and like all is okay while he leads them to hell.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eldy said:
Wrong. How is it better? It only serves to fill in that gap that God created for us to use to seek Him with something false and futile. It is not better. The enemy created such religions just for this purpose, to make a person feel content and like all is okay while he leads them to hell.

Few people on this forum are more critical of the "tolerant" religions (mostly Hinduism) than I am. So you'll get no argument from me. To be clear, I do not believe that Hinduism, or any other non-Christian religion, leads to salvation. But if I may be blunt, my distaste for the atheist religion far outweighs my feelings towards Hinduism. One more Hindu means one less atheist. And that can't be all bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sefroth77

May 20, 2005
✟1,387.00
Faith
Other Religion
Eldy said:

Who is that enemy ? How can a good and humble soul like you have an enemy ? who is that enemy ? :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

FriendlySeeker

Aug 21, 2005
✟262.00
Faith
Seeker
MAXX said:

Thanks

Hare Krishna
Hare Ram

Hi there MAXX,

Would you mind sharing your story, and why you chose your faith.

Hindism is polytheistic isn't it? So which God is controlling everything - does not make much sense to me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hugs,
Pam

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.