Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) Rebuke My Sister Who's Become an Atheist. It was around 10:00 PM today, February 11th 2023. Usually we have a family dinner, but instead, my sister has been partying with her friends late at night multiple times a week for multiple weeks. She’s lied about it, saying she’s doing something else when she’s really partying. She’s really smart academically, but we fear she may neglect her studies. We all talked about the Bible with her, days on end, hours on end, but we’ve just discovered that she now rejects it. :( My Mother, My Father and I, the Brother, are all Christian. So this is a great shame ☹ She said that she wants to run away! I had my suspicions, but this confirms it sadly. My mother will confront her friends and her parents about their behaviour tomorrow, since she knows where they are. My family humbly asks you all for your prayers during these trying times. Prayers to help my sister believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved, so the Holy Spirit can go inside of her and so she can, after salvation, be truly capable of doing good works that are seen as righteous before the Lord.

Proverbs 10:17 Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.

My sister told me to “shush” and “be quiet” when quoting Bible verses out of love and kindness. I will not stop loving her, even when I rebuke her, I will never stop showing her kindness my friend.

Here is what I said to her aloud, at this moment.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 15:32 Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.

This is true intelligence, the Bible! My sister is very smart, academically so, however, I wish to also show her wisdom through the Holy Scriptures.

Proverbs 30:17 The eye that mocks a father and scorns to obey a mother will be picked out by the ravens of the valley and eaten by the vultures.

My mother and I were rebuking my sister because she lied to us, the family. She said she was doing one thing, but was really doing another.

Proverbs 3:1-2 My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

If she listens to us, her life will be extended, but if she does not listen to use, her life will be shortened.

Ephesians 4:26-27 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

We rebuke her in righteousness!

Her friends have been a very bad influence on her! They are making her go out late, when it’s very dark out, putting her in danger, making her go on the bus alone at night from a far away residential area. And they keep trying to get her to go to these parties! My mother and I are worried that this will cause her to neglect her studies, because she has very good grades, but if she doesn’t study, she may not do well academically moving forward. She reminds me of the Prodigal style at this moment. She has intelligence, but she lacks wisdom. Wisdom comes from the Lord! It comes from life experience that comes with age.

That was a good session. I’m glad that I could show her the Bible before this world is destroyed. When will that happen? Who knows. But you never know when your life could be destroyed, by natural cause, or something else. But the fact that so many young people are now becoming more disobedient to their parents, is a great shame. To me, this is a sign that the end will come!

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

She repeatedly insulted us, so I blessed her in return, and I told her the Bible truth. And what shocked me is she said, and this is an exact quote “The Bible is not fact”. WHAT!??!?! The Bible is TRUE. That’s the TRUTH.

Ephesians 1:9-10: God's "purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time,"

She also said that she wants to live her life the way she wants (a sinful lifestyle of lying). She said that she is against converting people to Christianity. WHAT?!?!?!? The Bible COMMANDS us to convert everyone to Christianity, because eventually everyone will come to Christ! Book of Mark tells us to spread the Gospel! And my father came in and said that what I was saying is true as well. We must honor our father and mother! We must obey their good teachings!

Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 5:16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

The problem is that she is against being rebuked, being disciplined. For me, I welcome discipline with open arms, because it helps transform me into a better person! He who is wise loves discipline, but he who hates reproof is a fool! We also rebuked her yesterday for lying. Thus, tomorrow, my mother will go to her friends house and confront them, the friends if they are there, and the parents, and tell them to stop being a bad influence on my sister, who is my friend! I pray that my sister understands that, me, as her brother, her mother and her father, we are all Christian, and we love and care about her. Christian Universalism gives me great joy because it shows that eventually, she will be saved! This gives me great joy my friends :D

I told my sister the Gospel truth, finally. I said something along the lines of. Jesus is God, He lived a perfect life, He died on the cross and resurrected 3 days later. Thus you must believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be washed of all your sins. Thus, the Holy Spirit will dwell within you permanently. And Christ shall be all in all (reference to the Victorious Gospel at the end).

LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he may punish cruelly, yet he will have compassion in the fullness of his love; he does not willingly afflict or punish any mortal man.

I rebuked my mother when she promoted spanking, aka corporeal punishment, since that’s physical abuse that brings a child to anger, which the Lord is against. “Sebet” in the Bible, from the Rod verse, refers to a Shepard’s Rod, a Shepard’s Staff, that’s used to move sheep, you don’t hit sheep! Physically hitting your child provokes your child to anger, which the Lord commands us NOT to do! We are to rebuke her with the Words of God, we discipline her by preventing her from going out with bad crowds, we train by confronting her friends and rebuking them as well! And luckily, my mother understands this, as I showed her the original Hebrew word on Biblehub and outlined the verses, and how they’re used to describe like sceptres of tribal leaders. I love my mother very deeply, and I love her teachings, so I’m glad she could learn more about this truth too.

Ephesians 6:1-4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

As well, I remember mentioning earlier on that my mother wasn’t saved, that was speculation. Same with my sister’s salvation. Of course, I don’t know for sure about anyone’s salvation status so to speak really, that’s on God, because it’s with faith alone in Jesus Christ in which we are saved. However, when I talked to her, she agreed with the Gospel I had said to my sister and said that my sister must pray for the Holy Spirit to come inside of her. Even though this was an intense conflict, I feel grateful for it, because it’s with these troubles that the Lord transforms people. I’ve prayed long and hard for this day to come! And so many miracles happened all at once, things I wanted to say, but couldn’t find the opportunity to say. And I’m posting this because, we have rebuked her privately many many times before, yet she continues to sin. As such, this post will serve as a warning to those too. I say these words with kindness and love my friends. As well, to all the people on these forums, you have my great thanks! Having the opportunity to talk more about the Bible, Christianity, the TRUTH, has made me be more Christ-like in every area of my life, and has helped me help others. So truly, thank you my friends :D

1 Timothy 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Titus 1:13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,

ZEPHANIAH 2:11 The Lord will be awesome to them when he destroys all the gods of the land. The nations on every shore will worship him, every one in its own land.

Last edited:

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a cousin who's like a brother who one day announced he was no longer a Christian. His official reason was over the ECT doctrine. But I think there were probably other underlying issues as well. An elder in my church gave the analogy of a fisherman sometimes lets a fish run a long ways on a line, until it tires out, and then reels the fish back in. He felt pretty certain that my cousin would come back. And he did. It took a couple of years or so, but it happened. And he's perserviered for many years since. I and many others in the family tried to bring him around with no success. It was someone from completely outside the family the Lord chose for the job. I think in the case with us, it was a too close to home type thing. Also it was obvious we were desperate to make it happen. Whereas the outsider probably wasn't, so he probably wasn't met with so much resistance.

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a cousin who's like a brother who one day announced he was no longer a Christian. His official reason was over the ECT doctrine
Thank you for sharing your story my friend, I truly appreciate it MMXX. My parents are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, truly I say this. They've comforted me, care for me. For me, I am a believer in Christian Universalism, and I tell that Christ shall be all in all to my sister, and for some reason, she still is against Christianity. It's a shame. There are many who turned away from Jesus Himself when He preached, even though He's the ultimate source of love. So, how much harder is it for us, mere humans, to convince people to come to the Lord!
James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

It's true, different people can help people turn to the Lord and be saved. I believe that it's a Christian family's primary function to spread Christian belief, so there's nothing wrong with talking about Christianity there. I think, people have many different reasons to turn away from God, so with Christian Universalism, at least, it's only a matter of time before she eventually will become a believer in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved, that is guaranteed.
Colossians 1:19-20: Through Christ "God was pleased ... to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross."

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Sister Wants to Become an Atheist and Run Away Because My Mother, My Father and I (Brother) are Christian

Here's a response I posted to this thread, but figured it would be good for context here too. A shame that so many people are slandering my family, when not only does my mother, father and I (brother) support my sister, but also my sister supports our family in return.

My friend, I say these words with kindness. We have established house rules telling her that she is not allowed to go to these dangerous parties. Because they are far away at night time when it's very dark in areas where there's a lot of crimes with bad crowds. Her friends have abandoned her in the middle of nowhere, at bus stops, expecting her to go home in areas filled with criminals.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails

Proverbs 13:1 A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.

We let her go to regular parties, hang out with ordinary people. But the people she wants to go with for these parties specifically are engaging in very reckless, dangerous behavior. So, we are protecting her safety out of love and kindness. We forgive her for all she's done. We always tell her how much she's loved and valued. But these "friends" she hangs out with, this dangerous crowd specifically, they don't value her at all! She's getting emotionally manipulated by this bad crowd.

Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

We have helped her study, we've gone on trips outside with her, laughing and having fun. She's even admitted to us that she's sorry for lying, and we forgive her, and we love her. And she's admitted that her behavior is bad, but she feels peer pressure to keep going on these dangerous outings, and she's cried to us about how her friends are taking advantage of her!

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

So my friends in this thread, when you say things about our family, know this. My sister admits what she's done is wrong and she has come to us requesting our help. She's realized more and more how our love for her will never end. That's why we rebuke her, because she asks for our rebuke. That's why she feels comfortable being honest about her feelings, about not believing the Bible is fact. She thought she would get kicked out of the house for saying that, but we reassured her that we will let her stay :) Because even though we're a Christian household, we love her.

Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

That's why, I say to my friends in this thread, we truly are helping her. She has honestly said that she doesn't know how to tell her friends "no" when going out. She feels forced to do these dangerous things with her friends, so we are freeing her. That's what I mean about the road of destruction. They drive around in dangerous road conditions, and potentially don't focus on the road. They almost could have gotten into a car accident and got killed! They run around on the streets, putting themselves at risk for criminals to attack them. And my sister doesn't want to be forced to hang out with these friends, but she doesn't know how to stop.

Colossians 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

So we've comforted her when she's cried about her friends! She's crying about her friends bad behavior! She feels this need to go with them all the time, to try to help them, but we're telling her that she's getting burnt out. And she feels this need to run away with her friends because she's worried about them too. But for us, as her family, we prioritize her safety first. We tell her "We love you, and you've told your friends what you've said, so just leave it as that".

Leviticus 19:17 “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

So that's what I mean when I say rebuke. My friends in this thread, I love you all, so I tell you this truth. I wish I could give more details, but I wish to protect my families privacy, however when I say dangerous I truly mean dangerous. I'm really downplaying the dangers she has.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.

So my friends in this thread, I forgive you all, even though there are those of you who slander my family. She has come to us for help, willingly, asking for support, and we rebuke her, and she admits what she has done is wrong, and we forgive her. That is true love my friends! :D She has said that because of our kindness and supports, she feels less peer pressure to always go out with her friends.

Romans 12:9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

Here's what she admits. When she hangs out with this friend group, she feels alone! Everyone's talking, but her, she's off alone, just watching these friends talk with each other. She has honestly told this to us. Another reason why I call them a "bad crowd". Not only do they not respect my sister, but they also try to force her to do dangerous activity like things that she's not comfortable with. Meanwhile, when she's with her family, everyone's talking to her, we're all having fun, mother, father, sister, brother. But with her friends, they just use her. It's a great shame how she's emotionally abused by her friends.

So no matter what people say on this thread, we will never stop loving her! This is the definition of rebuking with love! Telling her she's valued, with love and kindness, by us, far more than her friends, who take advantage of her. Hopefully that clarifies most of the situation, because there's many people on this thread who assume our family acts one way, when really it's another. And they are rebuking an assumption.

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

And it's interesting, because I agree with many of what you have all said, in terms of rebuking a controlling malicious family, like r/raisedbynarcissists, flying monkeys, emotional abusers, etc. But, my friends, that's not what my family is. So, it is good that all of you are rebuking evil families, that impose extreme legalistic rules, that abuse people like fundamentalists, I also rebuke those families my friends! But that is not my family. I wish to tell you all that out of truth. So, even though this is technically just quoting St Steven's post, this is a message to everyone else on this thread. I've read your posts, and they hurt my heart. The words you have said really hurt, because of how dishonest some of them are :( How woeful the Internet can be sometimes, It can be hard to describe situations with mere words, so people always assume the worst and start attacking. My family members are the nicest, gentlest, kindest people I have ever met. Much more joyful and open and accepting then the vast majority of other people I have met in the world. They are my emotional support net, they are my kindness, my shield, just like how the Lord is my strength and my song. And my sister sees our family the same way, because she has told us this. I have so many happy memories with them, over just regular friends. And my sister agrees. We celebrate Christmas with each other, laughing and smiling with each other. And my sister wishes that we could form more memories with each other, of these happy times, but she feels forced to go with her friends. :(

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We've watched movies together, theorizing about plots and laughing, cheering. We've played sports, like tennis with each other. We do this things, because we enjoy being with each other! We talk for ours on end, we react to the news with each other. She has group projects, and we help her with her feelings. We collaborate on assignments. We work together, having fun together. The happiest moments in my life have been with our family. I've talked to my mom on the phone and someone said "Wow, it sounds like you're talking to a friend", but that's really my mom! And my sister talks to my mom the same way. :D

John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

So my friends in this thread, love never fails! Even though there are those among you who may slander my family, know this, we will never stop creating fun and happy memories with my sister :D All the people in this thread may want to bring my family down, but I say to you all kindly and gently, we will never stop supporting each other through tough times. It's like the Lord, even though rebuke lasts a moment, respect and good tidings lasts permanently after! <3

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I prayed to the Lord to fight against this slander. We had our suspicions, but this confirms it. I believe the truth must be revealed, but I always believe in "innocent until proven guilty". Well, here's what I can now finally talk about. My mother has now confirmed today, this moment, that my sister’s friends are talking about doing hardcore drugs, weed and cocaine. My sister is a minor, below 18, and they tried to get her to drink alcohol, which is dangerous, since getting intoxicated could potentially lead to sexually assault. I didn’t want to reveal these details until it was confirmed, because this is very serious. This is the road to destruction. Literally. Because they drive in dangerous road conditions.

She stayed with the friend group because she has a crush on a boy, but she discovered the boy talks about doing extreme drugs like cocaine, this is the illegal criminal behaviour I was talking about. Her heart is crushed, she’s cried about it, waking my mother up late at night for many days. I’ve sat next to her, as she’s cried, offering her Bible verses of support. My sister is incredibly thankful for our support, our loving “rebuke” of her behaviour. Even though she doesn’t believe all the Bible is true, she says she believes in the verses I showed her about love. It has truly hurt my heart that so many people online continue to falsely accuse my family of being abusive. Please stop slandering us my friends
frown.gif
I forgive you all though, no matter how much hurtful things people say. My family members are amongst the most gentlest, supportive, caring people I know!

Another one of these friends, who knows about my sister’s crush, has taunted and mocked my sister. She laid her head on his lap and did other secret things with him. She’s tried to stalk and find out where his home address his. We’re worried she’ll find where we live and where she might physically harm us out of jealousy. Or she could potentially poison the food they eat. My sister says she is traumatized. We must protect her, it’s our family duty, this is TRUE kindness my friends! We love my sister and rebuke her feelings of self-doubt towards herself. She deserves so SO MUCH better <3. Even to those “friends” who have traumatized my sister, I forgive them

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
UPDATE Feb 15 2023 11:04 PM. Here’s an update for everyone, just finished talking with my mother and my sister about the situation with her friends talking about weed, cocaine, alcohol, when she’s a minor. My sister has said this exact quote “They are just mean in general” when specifically referencing her bad friends. This is true, since I heard it out loud. So it’s good that we rebuked her to stop hanging out with the bad crowds. She said “It’s over for me now”, an exact quote, when specifically talking about her breaking up officially with her bad friends. So we’re relieved that she recognized this. It’s good she came to these thoughts on her own. I’m here with her, talking with her and my mother is here too. I’m grateful that my sister has recognized her worth. My mother just warned her “They can do harm to you in different ways”. Which is true. Even though my sister has officially cut ties with them, they might not want her to leave the unhealthy relationship and will try to drag her in. So we offer her our advice on how to avoid that too.

Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

She’s been a lot happier in general, which is a huge relief. It’s good. I’ll be accompanying her to an event as well, so she has a buddy to keep her safe so she’s not alone. The outside world can be dangerous so it’s very important to protect your family members. My mother was worried sick for my sister and I was worried too, so it’s good this is over. It was my sister who on her came to this decision, we just rebuke her friends because she requests it. And she requests us for help and guidance, so we always listen to what she has to stay and support her through it. She just sent a text message chain to her friends right now telling them how she’s “breaking up” with them in the sense that she’ll be stopping hanging out with them. Thanks to our rebuke, she’s recognized that wasn’t a healthy relationship she was in. :D

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

I am also very thankful for all the prayers that I’ve received from various people on the Christian forums online. Thank you very much my friends! ShanaBrown thank you for your support my friend! Meerkat, thank you for the excellent advice. And St Steven, thank you for understanding the situation in the end, I appreciate your words of wisdom too my friend. And so many other names that would take so many words to mention, I appreciate each and every one of you :D I intend to use this experience as a learning opportunity and will take all the advice given and apply it into my daily life. It makes me glad that I posted about this circumstance. Usually, I don’t talk about personal matters like this, I stick with Christian Universalist theology, but at the same time, as a brother, I must protect my sister, and my family in general. So I’m glad that by describing the situation, they we got support from these prayers to help resolve it :) So again, thank you all for the prayers. It’s amazing, because a few days after receiving the prayers, my sister has recognized how dangerous these people are. Even for those who are not Christian, I pray for all their safety with love and kindness, as Christ has come to save everyone and all will become believers in Him, they will understand His Love <3

1 Corinthians 15:22 "In Christ shall all be made alive"

We can see eye bags on her face, so hopefully she can get more sleep now. She was up until 2:00 AM at the middle of the night worrying about the situation, so hopefully she can get some much-needed rest. I pray that her friends, the bad crowd ones, they will recognize their badness and believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be saved. In this case it was first my mother who rebuked my sister for lying about the reason why she wasn’t coming at home on time. She admitted that it was wrong of her to lie and disobey her parents in this situation, and apologized for it, so we forgive her. We have unconditional love for her no matter what. And we’re glad that she can now be free because she was in danger with these drug friends, to which I supported my mother who initially noticed and gave correction to my sister, because she was worried sick about her daughter who is a minor going with this drug crowd. Cocaine, weed, alcohol, very dangerous combinations when driving in icy winter roads. Our bridges have black ice that forms under them, and many people die in car crashes, so I’m relieved that was avoided. I do not wish any harm on her friends as well, but I hope they can understand the error in their ways before something bad happens to them. :(

Colossians 3:14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

Honestly, though, I’m proud of her. We all are. We won’t be here all the time to protect her from dangerous like this, so when we rebuke her feelings of guilt and harmful self-accusation, we do it in a way that helps her learn to recognize whenever she’s in an unhealthy relationship. She says that she officially doesn’t have a crush on the person who she told us herself weeks ago she has a crush on. Another good sign, since that person was talking about doing drugs like weed and cocaine, so a huge bullet dodged right there. She liked him at first, because she didn’t know about these dangerous things, but as she hung out with him, she found out about this criminal talk, which we warned her about, so I’m grateful to God that she took our “rebukes” aka our warnings of love and kindness to heart and is officially severing her ties with this bad crowd :D

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Once in a while you'll see a slogan among some modern unbelievers, "There is no hate like Christian love." One could read that and get offended; but that doesn't offend me. Instead it makes me sad.

It makes me sad because, far too frequently, far too commonly, Christians talk about love, but don't love. And our "love" isn't loving, but mean-spirited, harmful; for it may seem to us to come from a place of piety, it does not come from a place of Christ; a place of humility and compassion. And so it is not righteous, but unrighteous. It is, in truth, of the flesh, not of God.

This may not be what the OP wants to hear, but I don't see how "rebuking" your sister in her struggles of faith and turning away from faith is beneficial. This kind of heavy-handed faux-righteousness is only going to drive her further away.

In my frank and honest opinion, I simply don't believe this was righteous or godly. It came from a place of the flesh. There are times for rebuke, but rebuke is for correction.

I see a lot of shaming, and I see this "rebuke" as shameful, ungodly, and un-Christlike behavior.

Instead of rebuking your sister in her struggles and then airing that family dirty laundry on a forum on the internet, instead, love your sister. Even as she turns away from the Church, be a beacon of light, a city on a hill. Be a sheep of Christ, not a snapping turtle.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My sister, a minor, has said that she now hates her friends. By friends, this is referring to the bad behaviour of her bad friends. The weed/cocaine/alcohol drug ones. Now that my sister has ended her friendship with this bad crowd, she’s told us more about the bad things they would do to her. I feel this is useful information for you all, which is why I decided to post this. I keep thinking I made the last post, but more and more bad things keep popping up from the past that I have to address, as her brother, her friend.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

“What did she do to deserve this. What did she do to deserve this?” my mother says in sadness. I say “She doesn’t deserve to be treated this way” in response. My mother has warned me about these bad friends with something along the lines of this “When boys fight, they can do it physically, but when girls fight, they can hurt each other in more secret ways. They can poison you. They can tell you they’ll drop you off but then leave you stranded in a highway in the freezing cold by yourself. They can lie behind our back. Spread bad rumors and gossip about you.” since she’s also had girls do this to her too. It’s a great shame, I rebuke her friend’s bad behaviour.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

My sister spoke of how these bad friends tried to get her to learn a strange hand symbol hand shake arm movement sort of thing? It’s hard to describe. It’s like a gang symbol. But when she didn’t get it right, she would be mocked and told something along the lines of “You can’t learn this because you spend all your time studying!” There’s nothing wrong with studying. The tone here was meant to harm her, try to trick her into studying less, to drag her down so they’re pulled back up. My sister studies naturally of her own choice, she does it because she enjoys it. There’s nothing wrong with that!

Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

My sister tried to talk with them in the past, but, for example, a girl from the bad crowd would say “She’s mezmorized! Look, she wants to be included!” in a mocking tone. I feel really bad for her, I wish I could have found out about this sooner. She’s very nice and kind to her friends. She doesn’t deserve to be treated this way :( They’ve manipulated her into feeling like she’s “missing out” when she misses hanging out with them even once, which she chooses to do of her own choice because she’s so burnt out from being around them! When they came to our house, I remember these bad friends covered my room in toilet paper, they threw the rolls all over the place. So I had to clean it all up by myself, of course, rolling it back up, since I can still reuse it. If anyone remembers from the pandemic times, toilet paper can be seen as valuable. She’s also vented by texting with a good friend, which we hope remains good. It’s good to have friends, it’s just a shame that these friends turned out bad.

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Now, she has no one to go with to an important event. Just within this month, there was a woman in that area who was brutally assaulted, as the news describes. Ganged up on, beaten, robbed of many of her belongings, sent to the hospital by random people who physically attacked her. A great tragedy. So I will be accompanying my sister for the day she’s there, not just as a bodyguard, but as a friend too, as I do. She’s a lot smarter academically than me, I admit. But for me, I’m proud of that. It’s good for someone to succeed! And she’s worked very hard of course. I value her life. My family, we must protect her. And I’ve been physically assaulted in the past before, pinned against a wall, punched repeatedly in quick succession by another guy as I put my arms up to block, while the people around me just stood and watched in silence and motionlessness. I never hit the person back, I cried, I just kept guarding until he got tired out. And I love him and I don’t hold anything against him :) I consider him my friend. I forgive all people for the harms they do to others, as Christ forgives all sins. Physical damage can last a lifetime, so it’s best to prevent it when possible. Eventually, all people will be given a perfect glorified body, because everyone will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved permanently.

John 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This changed my way of dealing with people, atheists, woke people, etc.

2 Timothy 2:23-26 KJV
23. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26. And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Upvote 0