Sackcloth

May 28, 2009
Texas
✟314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to be like you...I liked rap music back when I was corrupt and before I became saved.

When I started down the path toward righteousness I made some changes in my everyday life

Example: when I would turn on the radio I'd put it on a Christian station instead of a Rap station.
I started reading the Bible more often(although I got bored most of the time)
Recently I started reading 1 Kings and 2 Kings, which are two pretty good books in my opinion, I got into them and before I knew it I wanted to read more from the Word and wanted to learn and quote scripture and help others and give money to the ocasional homless person....Then my mindset started to change, from drug dealer to "I want to be Holy!"

You most likely understand this concept, which is: Start working on the little things in life making, the little changes and you will get closer than you think.
Really spending time with Jesus is like :Reading your Bible daily, Praying daily, Doing good works (like helping the poor,and dooing His will.), also following His Commands..

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm struggling with my walk with Jesus..I keep listening to secular artist like eminem and I keep on sinning and I get a little mad when people say stuff about me. I know im walking in darkness but how can I get back in the light..How could I spend time with Jesus so I could have a deep relationship with him?

If you are going to be part of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD you MUST GIVE IT ALL TO GOD.

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

Pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many years ago, a young christian woman asked me some of the same type questions you are asking now. She talked (though she didn't realize at the time that it was conviction) about God telling her to rid herself of her past, to get rid of the things that held her to her sinful life. As we talked into the night, and I confirmed in her mind and heart that this is what she needed to do, she became so angry that she pulled a knife from her pocket and tried to stab me with it. But, as she described it, a force like that of a hand held her arm until she was ready to let go of the anger and hatred and put the knife away.

Point is this, you may not want to hear that it is time to put away the sinful man, crucifying the old man on the cross, but God commands you to do so, and that command was confirmed that day, by His protection. Crucifiction is a painful process, but one in which we daily sacrifice the old man, the old desires, that we might be resurrected into a new creation.

May you find strength to do what is needed of you. Peace as you move forward in your walk, and grace to endure all that is asked of you. Your strength, your peace, your grace is found in the power of the Holy Spirit within, a Spirit that needs you to empty yourself so that there is room within for HIm.

Upvote 0

YoungPilgrim

Apr 9, 2004
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian
If you are a Christian, the Bible tells you that the old man already has been crucified (look at Romans 6). The old man is the man who was a slave to sin, but if you are in Christ the old man has been crucified with Christ. This means that in his heart of hearts, the Christian desires to serve God. Of course if you read on in Romans 7 you find out that even the apostle Paul continued to sin throughout his whole life. The believer and the non-believer both sin--the difference is that the believer sins and hates that he does it.

Always be testing yourself to see if you are truly saved:

"Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!" 2 Corinthians 13:5

And if you are in Christ, rejoice! There is nothing that can separate you from the love of God and His salvation!

If Christ is truly beautiful to you, you will desire to serve Him:

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15

Reactions: drich0150
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm struggling with my walk with Jesus..I keep listening to secular artist like eminem and I keep on sinning and I get a little mad when people say stuff about me. I know im walking in darkness but how can I get back in the light..How could I spend time with Jesus so I could have a deep relationship with him?

I'm struggling with my walk with Jesus..
When we struggle with our walk with our Lord Jesus Christ, because we don’t put HIM first in our life.

We try to take shortcuts, and our walk is usually in our own strength.

I keep listening to secular artist like eminem and I keep on sinning and I get a little mad when people say stuff about me.
I don’t know who eminem is, but when you say that you keep on sinning, then what sort of sinning are you referring to?

Anger, bitterness, and resentfulness are sin.

HIS Word say not to let the sun set on anger, and don’t allow the root of bitterness to spring up as it will defile others.

I know im walking in darkness but how can I get back in the light..
If you are walking in darkness, then the only way you can get back to the light is to stop what you are doing, and confess and repent your action and attitude, and ask HIM for forgiveness.

Confess and repent your sin of being angry, bitter, and resentful toward those people who say that stuff about you, and forgive them.

How could I spend time with Jesus so I could have a deep relationship with him?
A deep relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ is through submitting to him, draw near to HIM, cleanse your hands, purify your heart, transform and renew your mind, resist Satan and his forces, and work on your humility, that is how you get yourself back with HIM. There are more, but these will do.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You need more positive and uplifting influences in your life. While musically Eminem sounds good, his lyrics heavily degrade women, speaks in a foul tongue, cusses, degrades sex, and writes about violence. This kind of sensory overload can get into our subconscious - which can only delay our recognition of things which are positive and pure from God.

Next time you feel like listening to Eminem, replace him with something else. Not sure if its your cup of tea, but how about Pallestrina? When you're stressed, don't listen to Eminem. Listen to beautiful voices which sing to remind us of our love and devotion to Jesus Christ...

YouTube - Palestrina - Heu mihi Domine

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

secretshadows618

Breaking Chains
May 15, 2009
Texas
✟7,996.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Music is a huge part of my life. When I became a christian I had issues finding music that wasn't just about sex, drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. I too listened to eminem among many other bands. So I searched for new music. I listen to hip-hop, rock, hard rock and other types of music. I began to lose hope and thought that I was going to have to cut music out of my life because the lyrics weren't good for me. Then I found the christian world of music. Some hip-hop artists and groups to check out are:

- KJ-52
- Grits
- John Reuben
- Tobymac
- Manafest

KJ-52 sounds really similar to Eminem... in fact KJ-52 has even written two songs reaching out to Eminem. A great website to check out is www.christian-hiphop.net There you can find both the large hip-hop groups and the small ones. You can also see other christian bands that aren't hip-hop. Your walk with God will greatly improve when you no longer have negative things flowing through your mind through music. It's surprising how much music truly does affect your life, actions, mind and attitude. I think once you change your music you'll see a noticeable improvement.

Now to spend more time with God my advice is to start out small. The first 4 minutes you wake up every day devote to him. Try this plan out first

- Spend one minute thanking God
- Spend the next minute reading one verse and working on memorizing it
- Spend the next minute praying for your friends, family members, other peoples needs
- Spend the last minute praying for personal needs

Just start off small. Do this every morning eventually you'll feel a thirst and hunger for more. Quiet times are essential to your relationship with God. You can't have a relationship without communication. Don't stress if you miss a day. You can just pick up again tomorrow. If you need help in having a more structured devotion I suggestion finding on online or going to a local christian book store and finding a devotional book that you can follow along with.

I'm praying for you.
secretshadows

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.