United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God help us. There are no words...

God was in the teachers who pulled little kids into classrooms and went into lockdown, and in the first responders who got survivors to safety and reunited with their parents (pray for the first responders, too; they suffer — often in silence — after they have made safe). God was right beside everyone, and is with them in grief.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I'm not going to judge or stop people from saying a prayer for the gunman if they want. I can't say a prayer for him. Let God sort that problem out Himself.

Even if he had psychological problems, even if he was taking extreme anti-depressants, he's still guilty of putting 26 bodies 6 feet under, 18 of which were innocent kids.

I can't say what I really am thinking as it will get me in trouble.

And I can not pray him well or good. Pure evil. May God hold him in total judgement.... I am with you.

If I be wrong, may God change my mind...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good lord - this is the CATHOLIC forum. We should be sympathizing, praying, commiserating. We can ARGUE gun control some other place and some other time. Get a grip! How stupid can we be?
Indeed.

I understand anger & sorrow but even in that we should be a witness to a dark world. But it is easier said than done.

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This guy killed his mother at home. Then, he went to the school and killed all those kids for grins and giggles. I understand he was mentally ill. I may feel differently in a few days. But, tonight I hope he is roasting in one of the deepest pits of hell.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This guy killed his mother at home. Then, he went to the school and killed all those kids for grins and giggles. I understand he was mentally ill. I may feel differently in a few days. But, tonight I hope he is roasting in one of the deepest pits of hell.
I thought he killed his mother in her class room. :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has to be the worst mass shooting in our country. Those poor parents. Christmas will never be the same for them. What's wrong with our world today??

Lord have mercy on the children, school teachers, and parents and families of all the victims.

I don't feel bad for the children; they are in a better place, where they will never know pain or fear or hate again. It's the parents I feel sorrow for. Ten days before Christmas....mericful God.

They're saying he also killed his father before heading to the school for the massacre and they found that man dead at his house.

That's inaccurate: Father of Connecticut school gunman got news from reporter waiting at home | Fox News

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I know that now.

To be fair, it was accurate news when they first said this earlier. They keep changing the story as more facts are uncovered I guess.

Now they're saying it was the mother who was killed at home.

I thought the mother was a teacher.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Good news every body! Turns out this latest shooting was an isolated incident, and therefore no one needs to take a moment to stop and consider fire arms controls. Remember, if you try to talk about gun restrictions in the wake of this shooting, you're the bad guy for politicising the incident!

Please shut up.

It only took 3 posts to politicize this tragedy. You must be so proud. Prayers for all involved. Yes, all.

Hey, it's not that bad. I thought it would be two posts before someone tried to blame Obama or talk about gun control.

Fwiw, these debates are important. But not now.

Upvote 0

GNJ

Picker 'n' Chooser
Aug 1, 2012
New Jersey, USA.
✟15,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Good news every body! Turns out this latest shooting was an isolated incident, and therefore no one needs to take a moment to stop and consider fire arms controls. Remember, if you try to talk about gun restrictions in the wake of this shooting, you're the bad guy for politicising the incident!

Fwiw, these debates are important. But not now.

If not now, then when? We can't keep putting this off. How many of these mass shootings and other homicides caused by guns is it going to take for us to finally talk about and actually do something about it? How many more children will have to die? I understand giving it some time for things to quiet down a bit before we get into the political stuff, but it's taken this country way, way too long to do something about our gun problems. Mass shootings should not be a regular occurrence in any country, but they are in ours and the rest of the world thinks we're insane for not changing things the first time something like this happened, the first time a kid has picked up a gun and killed another kid. For thinking that the answer to gun violence is more guns!

I'm going to leave this here before I just... yeah. Praying for these poor kids and staff, and their families for having do go through this ten days before Christmas. I can't even imagine the pain they're going through.

Upvote 0