School Shooting

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was going to make a post ranting, but there's no point now, the damage is done, and this man has already met his maker. And the families of these poor children and adults who were slayed are left suffering. I only pray that all those killed are in Heaven right now in The Lords glorious presence and that The Lord had mercy on this...man who's taken so many lives.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I left the house when they first reported the story here, which was - still is - on most channels. They first reported 3 people were killed including the gunman. I thought that sucks and hoped the kids weren't too traumatized.

I turned on the TV and the headline...just made my heart sink: 27 dead, 18 being children.

And like most cowards, he turned the gun on himself. I won't waste my prayers on an individual like that.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Prayer is never wasted.

For someone like that? It is.

I'll pray that those kids are experiencing what most of us want when our time comes: that they are experiencing God's warm embrace and they are forever near his presence in His kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For someone like that? It is.

I'll pray that those kids are experiencing what most of us want when our time comes: that they are experiencing God's warm embrace and they are forever near his presence in His kingdom.
It's not. God applies our prayers as He only knows. You have to remember the Lord's prayers about judging how you'd like to be judged. It was heinous but we all need prayers. Even if we don't like who we are praying for. Jesus did not say to pray for our enemies for nothing.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
BK - be careful - we have no idea as to why the alleged gunman did this .

Hey, I'm not going to judge or stop people from saying a prayer for the gunman if they want. I can't say a prayer for him. Let God sort that problem out Himself.

Even if he had psychological problems, even if he was taking extreme anti-depressants, he's still guilty of putting 26 bodies 6 feet under, 18 of which were innocent kids.

I can't say what I really am thinking as it will get me in trouble.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Defensor Christi

Oct 25, 2012
Florida
✟18,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I'm not going to judge or stop people from saying a prayer for the gunman if they want. I can't say a prayer for him. Let God sort that problem out Himself.

I cant/wont either...I know that isnt the Christian answer, but I am human...I leave it to God.

Upvote 0