Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This has now broken in the UK

BBC News - '27 dead' in Connecticut primary school shooting

As many as 27 people have been killed, including many children, in a shooting attack at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut, US media say.

At least a dozen children are among the dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, the Associated Press reported.

Earlier, the gunman was reported to have been killed and at least three people were taken to hospital.

A news conference is imminent and the state Governor Dannell Malloy is on his way.

Police arrived at the school soon after 09:40 local time (14:40 GMT), with a full search of the site carried out soon after.

Schools across the district were immediately on lock-down as a preventive measure, officials say.

Meanwhile, the three people who have been taken to hospital are in "very serious condition", Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton told CNN.

'Collecting facts'
There are unconfirmed reports of two shooters, according to a report in the local Hartford Courant newspaper.

As the situation began, police received a call reporting that a gunman was in the school's main office. One person there had "numerous gunshot wounds", the Courant added.

One witness speaking to CNN said that shots were heard coming from the hall. There "must have been 100 rounds" fired, she told the channel.

Local media have reported that firefighters instructed children to close their eyes and run past the school's office as they exited the building.

Other sources suggest that some of the shots were fired in a school classroom..............

Another instance of mans' inhumanity to his fellow man.

Lord have mercy

Eternal memory !

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:crosseo: :crosseo: :crosseo: :crosseo:

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟339,460.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I posted on this in the politics section (accidentally), but the link to CNN there is updated frequently. I wish I could just go and pick up my kids at school and hug them.

I'm sure there are many parents who feel the same as you...:(

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure there are many parents who feel the same as you...:(

It was a bit ironic..I spent the morning volunteering at my 2nd grade sons school. They normally do library and computers, but today is a special day...they all wore their PJ's and the librarian read the Polar Express. Then we talked in a circle about how excited everyone was for Christmas.

On the car on the way from the school to work I heard the story, and all I could think about was all those kids getting up excited for the last few days of school and then the holidays, and a few hours later, this happened.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟339,460.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It was a bit ironic..I spent the morning volunteering at my 2nd grade sons school. They normally do library and computers, but today is a special day...they all wore their PJ's and the librarian read the Polar Express. Then we talked in a circle about how excited everyone was for Christmas.

On the car on the way from the school to work I heard the story, and all I could think about was all those kids getting up excited for the last few days of school and then the holidays, and a few hours later, this happened.

Very emotional for you :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dear Lord

Have just heard the gunman was 24 - shot his father and then went to the School where his mother worked and has now shot at least 27 people dead - 18 of whom were children.

this is liveBBC News - LIVE: US school shooting

Upvote 0

Defensor Christi

Oct 25, 2012
Florida
✟10,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I cant read anymore...I have six children...two under the age of three, I cannot imagine the horror those parents are facing today....

We all need to pray to the Blessed Virgin for her intercession...these parents need strength. May God rest their sweet innocent souls...

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟339,460.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟339,460.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Another witness account here, from Robert Licata who said his six-year-old son was in class when the gunman burst in and shot the teacher. "That's when my son grabbed a bunch of his friends and ran out the door," he says. "He was very brave. He waited for his friends."

Upvote 0