david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
are you saying that students 'shouldn't' be able to pray during school hours? or that it is the obligation of the students to follow rules of the school?
i've got another question then. what about religious symbols on public property? is that constitutional or not? please remember that this nation is under scrutiny by its own civilians as to what is going to happen or is happening in regards to Christianity in America.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
i've got another question then. what about religious symbols on public property? is that constitutional or not?

It depends. Did a school official put them up in their capacity as a school official, or is it put up to represent everyone in the school. Then no.

Is it a student or teacher wearing a something with a religious symbol on it? That gets sticky, but it should be yes.

Upvote 0

david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think I was clear that as long as they're in class they should not be organizing prayer groups. If it's their free time (lunch, free period, between classes), they should go for it.

The Assistant Principal should not.
then prayer by students in schools should be allowed and not banned nor prohibited. wonderful!

Upvote 0

david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i think its kinda scary to see Christianity in America under such heavy fire from non-adherents. Taking it to supreme and local courts just because saying the Name of Jesus, in their minds, is 'forcing' Jesus and Christianity upon others who may not want to participate or listen. It's scary how just in a manner of 35 years or less, that America has changed so much. 35 years ago was the year 1980 when big hair and rock and roll was still in trend. By the way, what happened to all the 'hair bands?' they were good.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
i think its kinda scary to see Christianity in America under such heavy fire from non-adherents. Taking it to supreme and local courts just because saying the Name of Jesus, in their minds, is 'forcing' Jesus and Christianity upon others who may not want to participate or listen. It's scary how just in a manner of 35 years or less, that America has changed so much. 35 years ago was the year 1980 when big hair and rock and roll was still in trend. By the way, what happened to all the 'hair bands?' they were good.

Christianity was in America in the 1980's with no qualm over its practices, in public or private venues and properties. And the seat of Government of the U.S. was still in D.C. Nothing really changed except for the policies.

Do you think the government should regulate which religion people should follow?

Upvote 0

david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
in the 1980's, Christians were saying that 'motley crue' were devil worshippers as well as many other rock bands, but the rock bands didn't care. And it was left up to individuals whether to be a 'rocker' or a 'christian', whether to agree with the Church or not. Now days, with laws and policies and regulations and law suits, no wonder why no-one might want to enter into the enemies of America. Who is America as a whole friends with now days? My thought would be "freedom". but the difference between the freedom of the 1980's and now is that everyone now is 'supposed' to 'defend' personal freedom rather than just live it and that if anyone goes against 'personal freedom' now, they can be taken to court for displaying 'discriminatory' practices or whatever constitutional right the personal choice might be infringing upon.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
in the 1980's, Christians were saying that 'motley crue' were devil worshippers as well as many other rock bands, but the rock bands didn't care. And it was left up to individuals whether to be a 'rocker' or a 'christian', whether to agree with the Church or not. Now days, with laws and policies and regulations and law suits, no wonder why no-one might want to enter into the enemies of America. Who is America as a whole friends with now days? My thought would be "freedom". but the difference between the freedom of the 1980's and now is that everyone now is 'supposed' to 'defend' personal freedom rather than just live it and that if anyone goes against 'personal freedom' now, they can be taken to court for displaying 'discriminatory' practices or whatever constitutional right the personal choice might be infringing upon.

Oh boy.

Do you have examples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...huh?

Upvote 0

david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
to address your earlier question as to whether government should 'endorse' any faith or religion, which i didnt' see until now, I think that the U.S. government NEVER 'endorsed' any faith in the past years of my life. It was all an option for each individual citizen to choose for themselves. But then again, there were no restrictions, either.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
to address your earlier question as to whether government should 'endorse' any faith or religion, which i didnt' see until now, I think that the U.S. government NEVER 'endorsed' any faith in the past years of my life. It was all an option for each individual citizen to choose for themselves. But then again, there were no restrictions, either.

Are there restrictions now?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0