Marital Status
Single
all who reject Jesus cooperate with the antichrist spirit

how can you be the Chosen People Of God
AND
antichrist
at the same time

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In Jewish views once the Temple was rebuilt, the world would have been shown that Jews are right and all other views were wrong. It wouldn't be a mockery at that point since the last sentence you said would be a view shown wrong.

(Not arguing against your sentence, mind you, but when Judaism views are discussed I would like people to have the most information about those views in the discussion. There's way, way too many misconceptions out there about my faith)

oh I understand the desire to rebuild the Temple
mockery was probably the wrong word to use

you do understand where I am coming from on this though?
Jesus on the cross replaced the need for animal sacrifice

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I completely understand. What I'm saying is that in our view, if a week from now our Messiah comes and everything takes place, you would recognize that there was never a replacement and that you were wrong. I've read pretty similar views from Christians regarding the second coming of Jesus in that all non-Christians will recognize that they were wrong. "Every knee will bend" right?

oh you are talking about the Messiah building a New Temple
sorry, I think that kind of got lost in the conversation, I must not be fully awake tonight

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You can't possibly think that sacrificing animals is what God wants.
I think that before Christ, the sacrifice of animals looked forward to Christ's atonement. After his death, the sacrifices of animals (which continued another 40 years) looked back in remembrance on his atonement, including those sacrificed made by the Messianics in Jerusalem under James. If the third temple is built, just look at it that way, just as the eucharist remembers Christ's sacrifice.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Judaism is an antichrist religion, that denies Jesus as Messiah.
If all non-Christian religions are "anti-Christ", it kind of makes the word anti-Christ a rather boring word. It's like, YEAH, we know Jews aren't Christians. What next.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The antichrist will use his influence to have the third Temple rebuilt, by confirming a covenant with many [the Sanhedrin] for 7 years, in the middle of that 7 years he will put an end to sacrifice and offering, and proclaim himself as the Messiah.
What are you going to do if the temple is rebuilt and more than seven years goes by and Christ hasn't returned?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟831,135.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
you need to read more of the Church Fathers to gain deeper understanding on this topic

the things of the Old Testament foreshadow the a greater fulfillment in the New Testament

the People of God have been given an even greater gift
through the Holy Spirit, His people can be united with Him like never before
through the Eucharist and Baptism, we join in to the Body of Christ
this is for all people who follow Him
Jew and Gentile
all of the People of God have this open to them

the place would be an abattoir
millions of doves and lambs killed
a mockery of the perfect sacrifice we have through Jesus the spotless Lamb of God

This brings to mind an old Lenten hymn that we still sing:

Not All the blood of Beasts
By: Isaac Watts

Not all the blood of beasts
On Jewish altars slain
Could give the guilty conscience peace
Or wash away the stain.

But Christ, the heavenly Lamb,
Takes all our sins away;
A sacrifice of nobler name
And richer blood than they.

My faith would lay its hand
On that dear head divine
As penitently here I stand,
Confessing guilt is mine.

My soul looks back to see
The burden you did bear
When hanging on the cursed tree;
I know my guilt was there.

Believing, we rejoice
To see the curse remove;
We bless the Lamb with cheerful voice
And sing his bleeding love.

Notes:
Hymn # 156 from The Lutheran Hymnal
Author: William Daman
Tune: Southwell
1st Published in: 1709

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not know if the Palestinians are circumcised descendants of Abraham or not but that would be what would determine the matter.
When you read later in Genesis, God explains that the covenant goes through Isaac and not through Ishmael. Jacob buys the birthright from Esau, etc. Ultimately we get a covenant that comes through Israel, not the Arabs.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

David4223

Matthew 11:28
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Lancaster, NY
✟128,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

This thread has been reopened. Please note -- if you are not a member of this denomination/faith, then you can not teach or debate in this forum.

Please see this forum's SOP

House Rules-
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition,if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues that are Dogma or Authoritatively taught by the Magisterium or teach against Catholic theology. You may post in fellowship.

If this rule is continued to be disregarded, staff actions will need to be issued.

Thank you!

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟245,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
it is my understanding that the promise of land in the Old Testament was always conditional?
you keep my commandments, you can have this land
when the Jewish people did not follow God, they would be invaded or exiled?
Yes that is my understanding.

This also reminds me The Davidic covenant was in addition to the Mosaic covenant; meaning, the Jewish people (at that time) still had to follow the law and God still promised the messiah promised to rule in the house of David etc.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
it is my understanding that the promise of land in the Old Testament was always conditional?
you keep my commandments, you can have this land
when the Jewish people did not follow God, they would be invaded or exiled?
Right. God would remove us from the Land. But the Land would still belong to us.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟134,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Right. God would remove us from the Land. But the Land would still belong to us.

It seems to me that the land of Canaan belongs to the people who are currently obedient to God's New Covenant. The land covenant is conditional and the condition which must be met to receive the inheritance of the land is obedience to God's commandments . So, at the time of the early church, it seems to me that the land belonged to the people who converted to the New Covenant/Christianity. Also, under the New Covenant, we know that there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile so the land promise is not restricted to only those Christians of Jewish ancestry. So obedient Christians today, regardless of nationality, have more God-given right to the land of Israel than anyone else. After the destruction of Jerusalem and its inhabitants in 70 A.D., God dispersed from the land of Israel the remaining Jews who refused to believe in His Son Jesus.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek
, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. NKJV

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that the land of Canaan belongs to the people who are currently obedient to God's New Covenant. The land covenant is conditional and the condition which must be met to receive the inheritance of the land is obedience to God's commandments . So, at the time of the early church, it seems to me that the land belonged to the people who converted to the New Covenant/Christianity. Also, under the New Covenant, we know that there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile so the land promise is not restricted to only those Christians of Jewish ancestry. So obedient Christians today, regardless of nationality, have more God-given right to the land of Israel than anyone else. After the destruction of Jerusalem and its inhabitants in 70 A.D., God dispersed from the land of Israel the remaining Jews who refused to believe in His Son Jesus.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek
, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. NKJV

or even if we say it belongs to people who are ethnically Jews
it would be the ethnic Jews who have followed the commands of God and have accepted Christ as Messiah and Lord

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Also, under the New Covenant, we know that there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile so the land promise is not restricted to only those Christians of Jewish ancestry.
There is no distinction when we stand before God and are judged (or not). That is the new Covenant. As far as the Old Covenant goes, which is perpetual, the land still belongs to the Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's amusing to me that people say "God will not be mocked" in defense of a city and country where YouTube videos aplenty show (and people I know have witnessed or experienced) Catholic priests being harassed, spit on and even beaten up by crazed Israeli mobs. Proselytizing there may be legal but it's sure as you-know-what contrary to their government's policy. I sincerely don't understand how people can't see the disconnect there.

By the way, the Holy Father was right to recognize Palestine.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's amusing to me that people say "God will not be mocked" in defense of a city and country where YouTube videos aplenty show (and people I know have witnessed or experienced) Catholic priests being harassed, spit on and even beaten up by crazed Israeli mobs. Proselytizing there may be legal but it's sure as you-know-what contrary to their government's policy. I sincerely don't understand how people can't see the disconnect there.

By the way, the Holy Father was right to recognize Palestine.

A) Obviously the Holy Father was right to recognize Palestine, the only people I've seen opine otherwise were hyperpartisan blowhards who worship politics above Christ.

B) When they are majorities in power, both Jews and Muslims often persecute Catholics. Israeli and Palestinian Catholics are persecuted by Israel and often Catholics are persecuted in Muslim countries. Good men will stand against this behavior in all cases, regardless of their political preferences.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
B) When they are majorities in power, both Jews and Muslims often persecute Catholics. Israeli and Palestinian Catholics are persecuted by Israel and often Catholics are persecuted in Muslim countries. Good men will stand against this behavior in all cases, regardless of their political preferences.
Sadly, it seems like regardless of religious or political affiliation, majorities tend to persecute minorities. It's a very, very sad part of human history and I'm not sure any group can claim to be exempt from it.

Reactions: ebia
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, it seems like regardless of religious or political affiliation, majorities tend to persecute minorities. It's a very, very sad part of human history and I'm not sure any group can claim to be exempt from it.
That would be a worthwhile point except we're not talking about all people everywhere regardless of political affiliation or religious faith; we're talking specifically about how Israelis persecute Catholics.

No offense to you but I'll never understand why people succumb to the bizarre temptation to take a narrowly defined argument (ie, Israelis persecute Catholics) and try to broaden it out (ie, something something human history) to the point where it's completely trite and meaningless.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That would be a worthwhile point except we're not talking about all people everywhere regardless of political affiliation or religious faith; we're talking specifically about how Israelis persecute Catholics.

No offense to you but I'll never understand why people succumb to the bizarre temptation to take a narrowly defined argument (ie, Israelis persecute Catholics) and try to broaden it out (ie, something something human history) to the point where it's completely trite and meaningless.

The topic of how Israelis persecute Catholics is an important one, but it is far from the only topic worth considering. Muslims and Atheists and others also do and we need to stand against these persecutions vocally as well, it is not and either/or. Similarily, Catholic groups have persecuted Jews and Muslims and atheists and so on - we must show that we are different than our ancestors and ammend for their actions.

Upvote 0