Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Genesis 17:7,8 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
well the Sanhedrin wanted to kill Jesus
no surprise that they are now trying to attack the His Vicar here on earth

John 15:20
Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
from the request for Pope Francis to go to this court
“We require from you an apology for your recognizing as a nation those who stole the land, those who are known as the Palestinian Authority"

wow, now they are talking about stealing land?
the West Bank Settlements are a form of colonialism and go against international law

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
it is my understanding that the promise of land in the Old Testament was always conditional?
you keep my commandments, you can have this land
when the Jewish people did not follow God, they would be invaded or exiled?
If God is unhappy with them, he exiles them. But even in exile, the land belongs to them.

Yes, this is for real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
He was right to recognise Palestine.

How about any of us calls ourselves a court and "tries" random people who say things we don't like
The sanhedron has existed since Moses appointed the 70 elders. The Pope is hardly a random person, don't you think.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
If God is unhappy with them, he exiles them. But even in exile, the land belongs to them.

Yes, this is for real.
And yet in the resurrection, and Pauls interpretation thereof, the promise is extended to all humanity (or all who accept Jesus as king) and the land to the whole earth.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the land belongs to the People of God

the Church is the fulfillment of Israel
those who reject Jesus reject God
Luke 10:16
"Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

the Church is made up of both Jews and Gentiles
but we can see that some Jews choose not to follow the commands of God through the person of Jesus Christ
Romans 11:17
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

those who disobey God are the branches that have been broken off

or we can see the Parable of the Wicked Tenants in Luke 20:9-19
"He will give the vineyard to others"

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
And yet in the resurrection, and Pauls interpretation thereof, the promise is extended to all humanity (or all who accept Jesus as king) and the land to the whole earth.
Where does Paul say that the land of Canaan is given to all of humanity? That wouldn't even make sense. In the verses I quoted, God gave the land to the descendants of Abraham FOREVER. To then give the land to someone else would make God a liar. God is no liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Where does Paul say that the land of Canaan is given to all of humanity? That wouldn't even make sense.
The promise is extended to everyone (who accepts it) and "the land" becomes the whole earth, most blatantly in Romans 4

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Where does Paul say that the land of Canaan is given to all of humanity? That wouldn't even make sense. In the verses I quoted, God gave the land to the descendants of Abraham FOREVER. To then give the land to someone else would make God a liar. God is no liar.
If you have a problem, take it up with God or St Paul.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 3:9
And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

Abraham is an ancestor of Christ
the Church is the Body of Christ

Paul does say that some of the branches have been broken off of the vine

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The promise is extended to everyone (who accepts it) and "the land" becomes the whole earth, most blatantly in Romans 4
Please quote the verse or verses you think proves this point, especially what promise is being referred to and how the land of canaan becomes the whole earth.

Reactions: marawuti
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Please quote the verse or verses you think proves this point, especially what promise is being referred to and how the land of canaan becomes the whole earth.
This is straightforward, mainstream and catholic, theology.
(Which doesn't work by fine-print proof-texting.)

Upvote 0