Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My sister was reading something that the extended edition would "be out around the holidays." So I'm guessing around November...just in time to buy before Christmas.

It's an awfully long time to wait between the theater-cut DVD and the extended DVD. Normally the theater-cut comes out in August and the extended in November. But this time it's a lot earlier.

Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
AngelAmidala said:
My sister was reading something that the extended edition would "be out around the holidays." So I'm guessing around November...just in time to buy before Christmas.

It's an awfully long time to wait between the theater-cut DVD and the extended DVD. Normally the theater-cut comes out in August and the extended in November. But this time it's a lot earlier.

Yeah lets hope it is not that long. I believe it should be out around July or August but you never know since the theater dvd is coming out sooner.

I believe they where making us wait so long for the other 2 extended dvd's was to hype us up for the next movie release and since there are no more movies..

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heaven_Bound said:
I believe they where making us wait so long for the other 2 extended dvd's was to hype us up for the next movie release and since there are no more movies..
Except of course The Hobbit ;) but that is a few years off yet. eehehehe

The LOTR Special Extended Edition will be released in November (as per PJ) and will have an additional length between 40 and 60 min. The official color of the DVD box is blue. The cinema version of the movie will be released in July, not August, so there is a possibility that SEE will be released earlier than November - some online stores even say that they will have the cinema version in May…

The SEE DVD will include 350 new Effect-Shots, much more than the other SEE DVDs.

The SEE DVD production is nearly complete; they are just adding music and some more effects.

For information on what is going to be on the SEE, click link.

*ROTK DVD SPOILERS!!!*

Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
TerraSin said:

I heard that Tolkeins son had the rights to the movies now and his father told him he could do anything with all his work except "The Hobbit" because it was his favorite. I do not know how valid this is and do not have a source and Peter Jackson I believe has enough money to persuade him.

TerraSin do you have a source that shows Peter Jackson or another producer is making "The Hobbit" I checked Imdb.com and it only shows Peter Jackson doing King Kong.

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heaven_Bound said:
I heard that Tolkeins son had the rights to the movies now and his father told him he could do anything with all his work except "The Hobbit" because it was his favorite. I do not know how valid this is and do not have a source and Peter Jackson I believe has enough money to persuade him.

TerraSin do you have a source that shows Peter Jackson or another producer is making "The Hobbit" I checked Imdb.com and it only shows Peter Jackson doing King Kong.
I read the news wrong when I first saw it. Peter Jackson wants to make it but while New Line owns the rights to film it, MGM owns the rights to distribute it... Hence fourth a big legal battle that will probably be over when Jackson is done filming King Kong.

Full Story Here

Reactions: Heaven_Bound
Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
TerraSin said:
I read the news wrong when I first saw it. Peter Jackson wants to make it but while New Line owns the rights to film it, MGM owns the rights to distribute it... Hence fourth a big legal battle that will probably be over when Jackson is done filming King Kong.

Full Story Here

Thanks, I appreciate the article. I know some feel differently but I think he will do a good job on "The Hobbit" Can you imagine seeing Smog the Dragon on big screen.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
TerraSin said:

The LOTR Special Extended Edition will be released in November (as per PJ) and will have an additional length between 40 and 60 min. The official color of the DVD box is blue. The cinema version of the movie will be released in July, not August, so there is a possibility that SEE will be released earlier than November - some online stores even say that they will have the cinema version in May…

The SEE DVD will include 350 new Effect-Shots, much more than the other SEE DVDs.

The SEE DVD production is nearly complete; they are just adding music and some more effects.

For information on what is going to be on the SEE, click link.

*ROTK DVD SPOILERS!!!*
I always found it funny how many scenes are in the trailer for return of the king, yet don't appear in the theatrical release. They really must have made a lot of cuts last minute.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MoonlessNight said:
I always found it funny how many scenes are in the trailer for return of the king, yet don't appear in the theatrical release. They really must have made a lot of cuts last minute.
Which scenes do you mean? I don't remember anything missing from the trailer, but then again, I guess it would help to remember the trailer, wouldn't it? :confused:

I know they are adding like 30 more minutes of that final battle in. Perticularly the part where the ghosts came off the ship. Jackson said there was more to it than what they released but too long of a battle can get boring, so they cut it.

CJ

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
TerraSin said:
Which scenes do you mean? I don't remember anything missing from the trailer, but then again, I guess it would help to remember the trailer, wouldn't it? :confused:

I know they are adding like 30 more minutes of that final battle in. Perticularly the part where the ghosts came off the ship. Jackson said there was more to it than what they released but too long of a battle can get boring, so they cut it.

CJ
From the official trailer (I may have missed some, these are just the ones I'm certain about):

Merry swearing allegiance to Theoden.
Eomer holding someone (presumably Eowyn) and crying.
I think, but I'm not sure, that there's a scene between Elrond and Arwen that didn't make it to the final cut.
Also I think that there's a line that Merry gives Pippen that wasn't in the movie.

From the trailer on the Two Towers DVD:
Same line between Merry and Pippen.
The doors of Minas Tirith being rammed by normal battering rams.
Gandalf riding with Pippen through Minas Tirith and running into the Witch King.

So not a whole lot, I suppose, but it is a significant amount we can see added just from the trailers.

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MoonlessNight said:

I found that kind of irksome... :mad:....lol because I wanted to see the part where the Witch-King and fell beast met up with Gandalf/ShadowFax atop Minis Tirith's battlements. I saw a quick blurb on the tv and it looked awesome.

They also cut the House of Healing scene, and Eomer holding what looked like Eowyn and weeping.

By the way - a lot of DVD editions have like a "gag" reel, blooper's, etc - is there any word or talk about PJ including that in the next DVD ED?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrZoom

Catholic on Wheels
Jun 3, 2004
West Virginia
✟8,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
New Line Cinema has announced the official release date of Return of the King Extended Edition...

Tuesday, December 14. Preorders can be placed starting this coming Friday, October 1. :clap:

Go here to read official specs for the DVD set -> http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_400_hv_home.html

Upvote 0