✟15,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi.

I've been working on my website - so this is shameless self-publicity and I hope you guys and gals engage with my work etc.

That said, in the context of Lent, I've been reading a book called Between Cross And Resurrection: A Theology Of Holy Saturday. Look it up. It is astonishing - and I mean - ooooh.

So and I shall inevitably dumb this down - my being a bit dumbed down... For the first Christians, the crucifixion happened, and Easter hadn't happened yet.

God was a dead human corpse put away in an available tomb prior to Sabbath - having been crucified. (The book is really good and spectacularly intelligent...)

Therefore, as we consider the crucifixion, we need to see/hear/read the story in ways that both already know the resurrection, Easter, and ways that don't - as if this is the first time and we are then.

That's as briefly as I can put it.

It is so profound - thoughts if you let them play.

And I put a reading of Acts 7 on my website - which was recorded awhile ago but I can understand what I was doing there....

Link: Listen To The Bible! | Jesus Loves You | King James Version | Audio KJV

The audio in question does not auto-play - but I hope you enjoy and that you do not mind me posting to ask you to listen to it.

xOliver