Pensacola Christian College Cancels Concert by Grammy-Award Winning The King's Singers Because One of the Members is Gay

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I know of a preacher who observed some Gospel singers, during a break at a Gospel sing, "enjoying the company" as it were of women who weren't their wives. They might have been excellent singers, but their behavior didn't reflect well on the church where they sang.

The issue for any Christian is should they put themselves in a position where it looks like it condones sin? There are many musical artists who's skill I admire, but wouldn't think it was proper for them to put on a performance in church or at a church affiliated organization. At one time, many popular musicians got their start singing in church, so that's not as far-fetched as you might think.
Sorry.....this man was making out with his husband or boyfriend in front of someone?
Everyone sins.
Everyone.
Why do only gay people get excluded for it?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just find it interesting how badly some things get missed. I wonder if one of the members was a practicing adulterer if they would have cancelled them. Or maybe a practicing thief. Would you hey have cancelled them then? I guess we just don't know for sure, but I would think so.

Does anyone really understand the idea of repentance anymore? It's supposed to be this.

That once we were sinners, but we rented if our sin and no longer live a life of practicing it because we recognize the wrongfulness of it and strive to live a life of righteousness in Christ.

Did that happen with that member of the team? Did they repent of their sin and are they now trying to live a life for Christ, forgetting what lay in the past?

I don't know enough of the story to say. But it seems here we have a deep misunderstanding going on in that Christian only care about one sin.

I've known Christians who were removed from pastoral office for sinning. I've known sinners who were drug addicts, drunkards and adulterers who became pastors and great men of God after repenting of their sin and receiving God's forgiveness and who lived lives of rightness afterwards.

It's all about what are they doing and how are they living right now and where their heart is. Is it in repentance or is it in rebellion?
Yes, absolutely, if one of the members was openly practicing adultery, then the job would have been terminated and the singers paid in the same way, assuming the college is following its own logic on scriptural consistency.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, absolutely, if one of the members was openly practicing adultery, then the job would have been terminated and the singers paid in the same way, assuming the college is following its own logic on scriptural consistency.
So what if none of them were christians to begin with?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what if none of them were christians to begin with?
Well, the world is held to the standards of the world, not the standards of the church.

So perhaps they would not have been hired in the first place, if the school were intent on only hiring those who espoused the faith as performers. It does not sound as if they are a group that espouses Christianity specifically, from what I read.

If that was a criterion, someone dropped the ball here.

Upvote 0