Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tyndale was executed by the authority of the English Crown, this was several years after Henry VIII had broken away from Rome and Parliament declared the English monarch head of the English Church.

What does that have to do with anything?

-CryptoLutheran
Makes a lot of sense, was executed by the authority of the English Crown and
he translated the Bible into English.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Makes a lot of sense, was executed by the authority of the English Crown and
he translated the Bible into English.

Tyndale wasn't executed because he translated parts of the Bible into English.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

Israel became a nation in 1948.

Last generation beginning in 1948?

Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?

Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.

Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.

A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.

3 - 40 year generations = 120 years

1903 to 2023 = 120 years

A generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)

No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)

NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

-Some thoughts by Joe Green-

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will the see the Rapture.

It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

I now am wide open to the possibility of the Rapture being a real event.

I used to think that it was the same as the Second Coming explained partly in Zechariah 14.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

Israel became a nation in 1948.

Last generation beginning in 1948?

Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?

Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.

Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.

A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.

3 - 40 year generations = 120 years

1903 to 2023 = 120 years

A generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)

No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)

NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

-Some thoughts by Joe Green-

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will the see the Rapture.

It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

I changed my view of the Rapture doctrine considerably
after reading a near death experience account that explained it
in a way that made sense to me.

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

I could not get my head around this idea until reading the NDE account of Dr. Richard Eby:

"He paused as though the joy of that thought had overwhelmed him for the moment.

"My Father assures me that the time is yet a little while, but very little. Soon he will call those already in paradise to surround me as we descend from this third heaven to the first heaven around the Earth. The souls of all my saints will be instantly clothed in their new resurrection bodies, as will the living saints on Earth who rise to us in the glory cloud! At the sounding trumpet they all receive new bodies and rise to meet us in the air. We return as my body to my throne room with the Father. Now do you understand why I called this place a temporary abiding place? Do you grasp what it will mean to be one with me and the Father in your incorruptible bodies? My book states that I assumed mankind's sin so you "might be made the righteousness of God' in me!"

I can clearly recall how Jesus' voice paused at this moment. He was savoring an anticipation too intense and private to be revealed. Was he pre-living that moment at which he would enjoy the victory which his Father would give him as the eternal reward for his own long-suffering? His own sting of death would be swallowed up, and he would be the omniscient Head of a completed and compliant body for whom he had shed his blood on a terrible cross. He would reign as KING of the Jews after these days of grace. Then his thoughts returned to me.

"My son, when that time has come, my Father will call to me. The applause of the heavenly hosts will be deafening; they too have been awaiting that day, ever since they announced my birth to the shepherds at Bethlehem so long ago. Scoffers will gaze with fear and wonder as my angelic hosts watch me fulfill my promise to my earthly body of believers at my soon return to Earth." (Dr. Richard Eby, near-death .com)

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tyndale wasn't executed because he translated parts of the Bible into English.

-CryptoLutheran
Where is the KJV with only parts written? Many people believe part of it, I
believe 100% of it.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Where is the KJV with only parts written? Many people believe part of it, I
believe 100% of it.

The KJV wasn't translated by Tyndale, but a committee of translators by the authorization of the British Crown, that's why it's the King James Version. After King James I of England.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The KJV wasn't translated by Tyndale, but a committee of translators by the authorization of the British Crown, that's why it's the King James Version. After King James I of England.

-CryptoLutheran
He was the translator of the KJV, go back and review your history again.
No doubt the committee approved of his translation.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
He was the translator of the KJV, go back and review your history again.
No doubt the committee approved of his translation.

No. William Tyndale translated the Tyndale Bible, which consisted of the New Testament and only a handful of Old Testament books, he was executed before he could complete his translation. Tyndale was executed in 1536.

The KJV was translated in 1611, under the authorization of King James I of England, that's why it's known both as the King James Translation and the Authorized Version.

Tyndale's work was used by later translators, such as the Matthew Bible, and was an influence on the translators of the KJV. But Tyndale had no involvement in the KJV, because Tyndale had been dead for 75 years when the KJV was done.

I know my history, but it's increasingly clear that you don't have the foggiest what you're talking about.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. William Tyndale translated the Tyndale Bible, which consisted of the New Testament and only a handful of Old Testament books, he was executed before he could complete his translation. Tyndale was executed in 1536.

The KJV was translated in 1611, under the authorization of King James I of England, that's why it's known both as the King James Translation and the Authorized Version.

Tyndale's work was used by later translators, such as the Matthew Bible, and was an influence on the translators of the KJV. But Tyndale had no involvement in the KJV, because Tyndale had been dead for 75 years when the KJV was done.

I know my history, but it's increasingly clear that you don't have the foggiest what you're talking about.

-CryptoLutheran
William Tyndale, was a martyr for translating the Bible into English. He was a
martyr for Christ. I believe every word in the KJV, period.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
William Tyndale, was a martyr for translating the Bible into English. He was a
martyr for Christ. I believe every word in the KJV, period.

You can believe whatever you want. The fact, however, is that Tyndale was executed in 1536 under the authority of the British crown. The KJV was translated under the authority of the British crown--King James I--in 1611.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can believe whatever you want. The fact, however, is that Tyndale was executed in 1536 under the authority of the British crown. The KJV was translated under the authority of the British crown--King James I--in 1611.

-CryptoLutheran
Makes a lot of sense, was executed in 1536, his translation the KJV, was
approved and printed in 1611.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Makes a lot of sense, was executed in 1536, his translation the KJV, was
approved and printed in 1611.

I'm not sure why you want to insist on something that is obviously and demonstrably not true.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0