Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a member of the, Church of god of Prophecy,not the Mormon Church.
World headquarters, Cleveland TN. I don't know the date the Mormon Church
organized. Over 90% of our membership is in other nations, outside the US.
Church of God of Prophecy, organized in 1903.

My apologies to you sir. By your comments you seemed to be saying that you were.
I am glad that you are not a Mormon. That is NOT a Christian denomination.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you, on the Mormon Church. The Church of God of Prophecy, is an
Pentecostal organization. Supposed to be full Gospel, teach and practice 100%
of the, New Testament.

I am a Baptist and I have the "full gospel".

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you sure about that?
I can mail you,the 29 prominent teachings of the,New Testament,backed-up by
the scriptures.
Most of our members in the US,have come from the, Baptist Church or the,
Catholic Church.

Yes sir. I am 100% positive.

The term “Full Gospel” was coined by A. B. Simpson, founder of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA). In the late 19th century, Simpson left his native Canada and pastored a number of Presbyterian churches in the central and northeastern states. In 1881, after claiming a miraculous healing, he requested baptism by immersion in a Baptist church, resigned from the Presbyterian pastorate, and ultimately founded a non-denominational congregation.

Over the next 30 years, Simpson’s passion for evangelism and overseas missions culminated in the formation of the C&MA, originally an association of various churches. Simpson developed a theology based on four simple truths concerning Christ: the Lord is the Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Soon Coming King.

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes sir. I am 100% positive.

The term “Full Gospel” was coined by A. B. Simpson, founder of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA). In the late 19th century, Simpson left his native Canada and pastored a number of Presbyterian churches in the central and northeastern states. In 1881, after claiming a miraculous healing, he requested baptism by immersion in a Baptist church, resigned from the Presbyterian pastorate, and ultimately founded a non-denominational congregation.

Over the next 30 years, Simpson’s passion for evangelism and overseas missions culminated in the formation of the C&MA, originally an association of various churches. Simpson developed a theology based on four simple truths concerning Christ: the Lord is the Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Soon Coming King.
I agree with Simpson's four simple truths. However, this does not get into the,29 prominent truths of the, New Testament.

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church never went into apostacy.

The Bible only speaks of the Church, which Christ instituted and which He said the gates of Hades would not prevail against.

There was no apostasy, so your "latter day church" is nonsense.

-CryptoLutheran
You are a confused person, however, God the creator still loves you.

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Bible only speaks of the Church, which Christ instituted and which He said the gates of Hades would not prevail against.

-CryptoLutheran
Have you heard of the "NICENE CREED" held in Nicaea in A.D.325? This is when
The Church Christ organized in the first century joined the Roman government.
Now known as the Roman Catholic Church. This is when the real Church went
into apostasy. Do you want to be a Catholic I certainly do not?
The Church started rising again in 1903.Now called the "Church of God of Prophecy". Who have you been listening to.?

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church started rising again in 1903.Now called the "Church of God of Prophecy". Who have you been listening to.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Have you heard of the "NICENE CREED" held in Nicaea in A.D.325?

The current form of the Creed (sans Filioque) dates to the 1st Council of Constantinople in 381. So yes, I'm quite familiar, and I confess it frequently and enthusiastically.

This is when

False. The Council of Nicea held in 325 was convened in order to settle the Arian controversy; it is true that the emperor Constantine summoned the bishops all over the empire to come and participate in the council (he hoped that such a meeting of bishops would resolve the theological conflict caused by the teachings of Arius). The council bishops eventually all, but three, affirmed the homoousion formula over and against the homoiousian and heteroousian formulas put forward by the Arians and Arian sympathizers; and put forward the first form of the Nicene Creed. However, it didn't settle the issue, and Constantine himself was eventually swayed to the Arian side, which rejected the Council of Nicea, and a number of pro-Arian councils followed. Constantine, ultimately, died a baptized Arian (or, rather, was baptized on his deathbed by Eusebius of Nicomedia, an Arian).

There was no "joining" with the Roman government involved.

Now known as the Roman Catholic Church.

Doubly false. The Roman Catholic Church is so-called because of the episcopal see at Rome, and more specifically because of the Roman (or Latin) Rite of the liturgy. There was no "Roman Catholic Church" until the Great Schism in 1054, 700 years after Constantine.

This is when the real Church went
into apostasy.

No it didn't.

Do you want to be a Catholic I certainly do not?

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I've been listening to credible historians and academics. I'm curious who you've been listening to to.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The medieval period was certainly a dark period for the organised Church - so many beliefs & practices of that period are now repudiated by all churches.

I would say that the Church was renewed through three waves: the Reformation, the Wesleyan evangelical movement, and the Pentecostal movement. All of these movements brought millions of souls into the kingdom of God, and each has had a profound impact on all churches.

Of course there are always extreme elements associated with any movement - even Paul had to deal with that problem.

As for your OP - I think it is interesting to consider the plausible alternative explanations of "this generation" (Matthew 24:34).

The events in Israel in 1948 & 1967 are clearly the fulfilment of Scripture (Isaiah 11:12, Luke 21:24) so they would feature in any calculations.

I think it is interesting that Jesus told the apostles: "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons" (Acts 1:7). In hindsight of course they did not know. But does that preclude the last generation from knowing - not the day or hour, but the season?

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The current form of the Creed (sans Filioque) dates to the 1st Council of Constantinople in 381. So yes, I'm quite familiar, and I confess it frequently and enthusiastically.

False. The Council of Nicea held in 325 was convened in order to settle the Arian controversy; it is true that the emperor Constantine summoned the bishops all over the empire to come and participate in the council (he hoped that such a meeting of bishops would resolve the theological conflict caused by the teachings of Arius). The council bishops eventually all, but three, affirmed the homoousion formula over and against the homoiousian and heteroousian formulas put forward by the Arians and Arian sympathizers; and put forward the first form of the Nicene Creed. However, it didn't settle the issue, and Constantine himself was eventually swayed to the Arian side, which rejected the Council of Nicea, and a number of pro-Arian councils followed. Constantine, ultimately, died a baptized Arian (or, rather, was baptized on his deathbed by Eusebius of Nicomedia, an Arian).

There was no "joining" with the Roman government involved.

Doubly false. The Roman Catholic Church is so-called because of the episcopal see at Rome, and more specifically because of the Roman (or Latin) Rite of the liturgy. There was no "Roman Catholic Church" until the Great Schism in 1054, 700 years after Constantine.

No it didn't.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I've been listening to credible historians and academics. I'm curious who you've been listening to to.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who have you been taking to? The facts are not true.
Via Crucis
Who have you been taking to? The facts are not true.
You should google, William Tyndale, Wikipedia, this is what you will find,
he was executed by strangling. He was the first translator of the Bible into
English, from the original languages, Hebrew & Greek.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joe Green

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Via Crucis

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Via Crucis

Tyndale was executed by the authority of the English Crown, this was several years after Henry VIII had broken away from Rome and Parliament declared the English monarch head of the English Church.

What does that have to do with anything?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Nicene Creed, was in 325 A.D. this is before 381 A. D.
To Via Crucis

Yes, the first form of the Nicene Creeded was put forward at the Council of Nicea in 325; but the form of the Creed in use today is the form adopted at the Council of Constantinople in 381.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Who have you been taking to?

History books, historians, etc. People who actually know what they're talking about.

The facts are not true.

The facts are facts and thus remain true regardless of what your particular denomination has taught you.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0