Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

Israel became a nation in 1948.

Last generation beginning in 1948?

Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?

Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.

Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.

A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.

3 - 40 year generations = 120 years

1903 to 2023 = 120 years

A generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)

No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)

NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

-Some thoughts by Joe Green-

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will see the Rapture.

It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

Last edited:

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

Cuba became a nation in 1868.

Unlikely.

No such thing as "the rapture", that's a 19th century idea borne out of the imagination of an ex-Irish Anglican priest, John Darby.

It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.

A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years.

Martin Luther was born in 1483, nailed the 95 Theses to the church door in Wittenberg in 1517, and died in 1546.

17 - 1 year periods = 17 years.

1903 to 2023 = 120 years

1000 BC to 1000 AD = 2,000 years.

A day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day to God (2 Peter 2:38)

False. No one knows the day or the hour of Christ's return.

I like how literal you are with it, it is unfortunate then that Jesus in Acts 1 tells His disciples that it's not their business to know the times and seasons which the Father has in store. It's not about days and hours, literally, it's about the fact that "Your master returns at a time when you do not know".

Third person speech is interesting, retorted ViaCrucis.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.

Based on your arbitrary presumptions and arbitrary number grabbing? I'll go with a no on this one.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will the see the Rapture.

Nope. Plucking numbers out of one's hindquarters does not lead to "sense".

It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.

It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

My advice? Don't hold your breath waiting on false predictions you've made up using dates and numbers you've chosen completely arbitrarily.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Cuba became a nation in 1868.

Unlikely.

No such thing as "the rapture", that's a 19th century idea borne out of the imagination of an ex-Irish Anglican priest, John Darby.

Martin Luther was born in 1483, nailed the 95 Theses to the church door in Wittenberg in 1517, and died in 1546.

17 - 1 year periods = 17 years.

1000 BC to 1000 AD = 2,000 years.

A day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day to God (2 Peter 2:38)

False. No one knows the day or the hour of Christ's return.

I like how literal you are with it, it is unfortunate then that Jesus in Acts 1 tells His disciples that it's not their business to know the times and seasons which the Father has in store. It's not about days and hours, literally, it's about the fact that "Your master returns at a time when you do not know".

Third person speech is interesting, retorted ViaCrucis.

Based on your arbitrary presumptions and arbitrary number grabbing? I'll go with a no on this one.

Nope. Plucking numbers out of one's hindquarters does not lead to "sense".

My advice? Don't hold your breath waiting on false predictions you've made up using dates and numbers you've chosen completely arbitrarily.

-CryptoLutheran
Have you googled rapture 2023? You are A very skeptical person. I can get back with you later.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Have you googled rapture 2023?

I can literally google anything and find some kind of result. Harold Camping said the rapture would happen in 2011, it didn't. And I can still find google results for "rapture 2011".

You are A very skeptical person.

Thank you. I consider that a compliment. Christians are called to be skeptical, cautious, and wary of false teachers and false prophets.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Watch out, Satan is very deceptive, know your Bible, seek Jesus,keep an open mind concerning more truth.
I can literally google anything and find some kind of result. Harold Camping said the rapture would happen in 2011, it didn't. And I can still find google results for "rapture 2011".

Thank you. I consider that a compliment. Christians are called to be skeptical, cautious, and wary of false teachers and false prophets.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
know your Bible, seek Jesus,

Check and check.

keep an open mind concerning more truth.

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." - Galatians 1:8

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter." - 2 Thessalonians 2:15

I'll stick to the teachings of the Christian Church from the last two thousand years, if that's alright with you.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Check and check.

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." - Galatians 1:8

"So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter." - 2 Thessalonians 2:15

I'll stick to the teachings of the Christian Church from the last two thousand years, if that's alright with you.

-CryptoLutheran
The later day Church began in1903. Their are right traditions and bad traditions. As to the Rapture read 1Thess. 5:4,
and Heb.10:25.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The later day Church began in1903.

False.

Their are right traditions and bad traditions. As to the Rapture read 1Thess. 5:4,

Read in connection with Christ's parables in Matthew 25. Also, again, no rapture; this is about the coming of Christ in glory, not some "rapture" where Jesus beams people away.

and Heb.10:25.

And the day has been approaching for two millennia. And might continue to approach for another two millennia. It's not your or my business to know the times and seasons which God has purposed, nor can we know the day or the hour. We do not know when Christ will come. He could come tomorrow, He could come in ten thousand years. In the meantime, we have a mission and purpose here to preach the Gospel, to love the unloved, help the needy, feed the hungry, and bear the Cross of Jesus into the dark corners of our hurting, helpless world.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
False.

Read in connection with Christ's parables in Matthew 25. Also, again, no rapture; this is about the coming of Christ in glory, not some "rapture" where Jesus beams people away.

And the day has been approaching for two millennia. And might continue to approach for another two millennia. It's not your or my business to know the times and seasons which God has purposed, nor can we know the day or the hour. We do not know when Christ will come. He could come tomorrow, He could come in ten thousand years. In the meantime, we have a mission and purpose here to preach the Gospel, to love the unloved, help the needy, feed the hungry, and bear the Cross of Jesus into the dark corners of our hurting, helpless world.

-CryptoLutheran
You have heard of the early Church,then the middle ages, where the Church went
into apostasy for centuries.Then same Church [early Church of the first century]
started rising again, the Bible calls this the later day Church.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You have heard of the early Church,then the middle ages, where the Church went
into apostasy for centuries.

The Church never went into apostacy.

Then same Church [early Church of the first century]
started rising again, the Bible calls this the later day Church.

The Bible only speaks of the Church, which Christ instituted and which He said the gates of Hades would not prevail against.

There was no apostasy, so your "latter day church" is nonsense.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1903 to 2023 = 120 years

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will the see the Rapture.

Great Errors in Dispensational Eschatology: Pastor John Otis

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church never went into apostacy.

The Bible only speaks of the Church, which Christ instituted and which He said the gates of Hades would not prevail against.

There was no apostasy, so your "latter day church" is nonsense.

-CryptoLutheran
God help her, she dosen't know her Bible very well.
Why does the Bible speak of a later day Church? The early Church and the later
day church are the same Church. It went into apostasy, for several centuries.
then arose again.Sometimes called the middle ages.
The Bible can never be nonsense, this is God's Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God help her, she dosen't know her Bible very well.

Who are you talking about? If you're referring to me, I'm a dude.

Why does the Bible speak of a later day Church?

It doesn't.

The early Church and the later
day church are the same Church. It went into apostasy, for several centuries.
then arose again.Sometimes called the middle ages.

The Church never fell into apostasy. I'm quite familiar with both Scripture and with the history of the Christian Church.

The Bible can never be nonsense, this is God's Word.

The Bible isn't nonsense. Your ideas, however, are both false and unbiblical.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who are you talking about? If you're referring to me, I'm a dude.

It doesn't.

The Church never fell into apostasy. I'm quite familiar with both Scripture and with the history of the Christian Church.

The Bible isn't nonsense. Your ideas, however, are both false and unbiblical.

-CryptoLutheran
These are not my ideas, so they can not be false or unbiblical, thousands believe
what I am relating to you. If you are a dude,you need God desperately.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Joe Green

Supporter
Aug 4, 2016
Oklahoma
✟28,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, they're your denomination's ideas, and they are false and unbiblical.

Irrelevant.

Since I was born.

I agree. That's why I trust in Christ as my Savior.

-CryptoLutheran
Haven and HELL neither one Irrelevant.

• Winner
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Haven and HELL neither one Irrelevant.

What was irrelevant was pointing to the numbers of your denomination. A lot of people being wrong doesn't change the fact that they're wrong. So whether it's one person being wrong or a thousand, it's irrelevant, because it's still wrong.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0