Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The same could be said of Bush. The first few years he read bible verses in his speeches, but he stopped even attempting to convince people later on. As someone else said here, You shall know them by their fruits. I didn't see any good fruits from the previous resident of the white house.

Unfortunately, I supported Bush in 2004 with my vote, and with my rhetoric through 2006. But today, I agree. Since then I haven't really been behind any politician.

Upvote 0

mcorton

Sep 30, 2010
Iowa
Visit site
✟15,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An anti abortion stance is a conservative value, not a strictly Biblical Christian one.

I beg to differ. The Bible clearly says, "Thou shalt not kill." Abortion is killing. I as a Christian believe that is a strict rule as GOD said it. I'd also like to know why so many are posting derogatory comments here that aren't even from the USA?

Upvote 0

mcorton

Sep 30, 2010
Iowa
Visit site
✟15,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*cue piano music*

Many people don't consider a blastocyst, or a fetus to have the right to override the mother's own right to control her own body for 9 months.

Then perhaps the mother should have excercised her right to have safe sex so as not to have to kill a human being.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I beg to differ. The Bible clearly says, "Thou shalt not kill." Abortion is killing. I as a Christian believe that is a strict rule as GOD said it.
I thought the term was "thou shalt not do murder". There are clearly instances when killing is not murder, such as in self defence. The bible also says some things that hint that a foetus is not life in the biblical sense: What the Bible says about abortion

I'd also like to know why so many are posting derogatory comments here that aren't even from the USA?

People from outside the US are allowed have opinions too

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On

dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

Please remember the rule:
Controversial Topics
The following subjects will only be discussed in Ethics & Morality, Christian Philosophy and Ethics, Congregation category, or Recovery category, or any of its sub-forums. You will not post about these subjects in other forums:

abortion

adultery or premarital sexual activity.
illegal activity

Homosexuality will not be promoted anywhere at Christian Forums.Furthermore, homosexuality may only be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purposes of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.There is only one other area that Homosexuality will be permitted to be discussed with out promotion, and that is in the Congregation area in all the subforums there (Christian Communities and Faith Groups).​
Any discussion of abortion after this mod hat will be removed and actioned by staff.

Thanks - returning to your regular thread...

Mod Hat off

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I beg to differ. The Bible clearly says, "Thou shalt not kill." Abortion is killing. I as a Christian believe that is a strict rule as GOD said it. I'd also like to know why so many are posting derogatory comments here that aren't even from the USA?
Whenever this "Thou shalt not kill." statement comes up in regards to war, conservatives (or those Christians who advocate for war) claim the quote actually means thou shall not murder Killing is ok if justified.
Do you have an issue with non-Americans posting here? Are they not allowed to enjoy freedom of speech?

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whenever this "Thou shalt not kill." statement comes up in regards to war, conservatives (or those Christians who advocate for war) claim the quote actually means thou shall not murder Killing is ok if justified.
The problem is that pro-war Christians define murder in terms of its legality (which is arbitrary and determined by political expedience), rather than attempting to apply a universal moral standard to it based upon Christ's own words. I don't believe that self-defense is prohibited to Christians, but the killing of another person who is not a threat to a peaceful person is clearly murder. This would, at the very least, prohibit all so-called "collateral damage". At its most consistent, it means that defensive force is limited to those specific individuals who constitute a threat, rather than entire nations, peoples, religions, or political bodies. And it also means that a Christian must wonder what business American war planes have in flying over Iraq and Iran, rather than calling for Iraqi and Iranian blood to be spilled when said war planes are shot down. There is nothing in the Christian faith that justifies force on the behalf of any kind of "national interests". And there is plenty that condemns it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums