homo unis libri / εραστής της φρόνησης
Dec 3, 2004
Sowega
✟11,386.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
I was raised to consider it the equivalent of the n-word, something polite people would never call anyone.

Having lived my entire life in a county where 95% of the Caucasian population (everyone who lives outside of the county seat and most inside it) could be classified as white trash (and most of them proud of it) I'm not so sensitive to it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Having lived my entire life in a county where 95% of the Caucasian population (everyone who lives outside of the county seat and most inside it) could be classified as white trash (and most of them proud of it) I'm not so sensitive to it.
I guess I'm old fashioned that way, to not call any group of people "trash".

Still, it's one thing to refer to yourself by derogatory slang and another for an outsider to do it.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure those people who got those jobs kind of like having them. :wave:
tulc(knows he would) :)

If they like them so much then why haven't they thanked us for paying for them? Not only us but our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and so on.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they like them so much then why haven't they thanked us for paying for them? Not only us but our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and so on.

...how do you know they haven't? :confused:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised to consider it the equivalent of the n-word, something polite people would never call anyone.

Hey! Me too! When I was younger it used to bother me, but then I realized a name only has power if I give it power, and frankly? I like being whitetrash! :D
tulc(plus? it annoys city folk to death when it don't bother usn's) ;)

Upvote 0

outOftheLoop

Sep 13, 2010
USA
✟15,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good for him for standing up. Just because he doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve, doesn't mean he's not Christian.

I find it deeply troubling that so many from the right don't view Obama as a fellow brother in Christ. Disagree with his policies/politics all you want; but if he says he's a Christian, that should be good enough for you as a fellow Christian.

how Christian is it to promote the murder of unborn children???

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

- Genesis 9

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how Christian is it to promote the murder of unborn children???
That depends, do you support full health care for all pregnant women and financial support for all women and children after birth? Do you support free contraception distribution and counseling for everyone?
confused.gif

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."
- Genesis 9
So...you're against all war and the death penalty also? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟324,200.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think he gave up any right not to be derided the first second he opened his mouth in that video. His string of personal attacks on Obama and his family mean he deserves any abuse he gets. Did you see the minute-long segment of him saying how ugly Michelle Obama is, and how he wouldn't touch someone as fat as her with a ten-foot pole?

She's fat? Gosh I must be Jaba the Hut!

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That depends, do you support full health care for all pregnant women and financial support for all women and children after birth? Do you support free contraception distribution and counseling for everyone?
confused.gif

So...you're against all war and the death penalty also? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

:thumbsup:! I've noticed that for a lot of Christians, the sacredness of life seems to end at the moment of birth, when it might cost us some money. How many Christians begrudge helping to pay for the necessary health care for children. How can a Christian be against helping to make sure that all children have the necessary health care they need, as well as food, clothing, and a good education so that they can get out of poverty.

I love the last question also (being pro-life across the board). Also, I wonder how many unborn children were killed in Iraq during the bombings and the destruction of the nation of Iraq during the many years of our unprovoked attack on them--not to mention all the born children that were killed or suffered. All human life is sacred, not just the lives of the unborn.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
:thumbsup:! I've noticed that for a lot of Christians, the sacredness of life seems to end at the moment of birth, when it might cost us some money. How many Christians begrudge helping to pay for the necessary health care for children. How can a Christian be against helping to make sure that all children have the necessary health care they need, as well as food, clothing, and a good education so that they can get out of poverty.

I love the last question also (being pro-life across the board). Also, I wonder how many unborn children were killed in Iraq during the bombings and the destruction of the nation of Iraq during the many years of our unprovoked attack on them--not to mention all the born children that were killed or suffered. All human life is sacred, not just the lives of the unborn.
Sorry, can you name for me a single Christian who is against helping make sure children have proper health care, food, clothing and education? I cant think of any. On the other hand, I happen to know a great many Christians and non-Christians who oppose the idea of the state providing those things. If you want to help others and believe that your faith requires it of you, then by all means do it. But do it of your own free will and with your own resources. By confiscating the property of others, you have invalidated your ends, no matter how good you think they are.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟919,568.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, can you name for me a single Christian who is against helping make sure children have proper health care, food, clothing and education? I cant think of any. On the other hand, I happen to know a great many Christians and non-Christians who oppose the idea of the state providing those things. If you want to help others and believe that your faith requires it of you, then by all means do it. But do it of your own free will and with your own resources. By confiscating the property of others, you have invalidated your ends, no matter how good you think they are.

Clirus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Clirus is a she?

That's how most people address her, and she ignores this as consistently as she ignored evidence against her position, so I'm assuming she's a "she". She's never said otherwise.

Upvote 0