Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Good morning all, please pray for my physical and mental health. I feel God is asking me to fast to prevent me from contracting a specific disease. So I have abstained from eating and lost a tremendous amount of weight. My parents believe that I'm trying to commit suicide. They threatened to call a mental health team to speak with me at home. I got upset and began binge eating.

Chances are that I may die if I remain disobedient.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good morning all, please pray for my physical and mental health. I feel God is asking me to fast to prevent me from contracting a specific disease. So I have abstained from eating and lost a tremendous amount of weight. My parents believe that I'm trying to commit suicide. They threatened to call a mental health team to speak with me at home. I got upset and began binge eating.

Chances are that I may die if I remain disobedient. Please pray for me lest I take my own life.
I pray that you will know for sure if it is the Lord who was telling you to fast. And that if it is, that you will know how to fast.

Fasting is a form of starvation. It can put great stress on the adrenals, which will never possibly recover. If the adrenals go bad, you can kiss your energy goodbye.

Moses and Christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. But we ain’t them! No one else is seen going through such strenuous fasting. Yet I’ve seen people trying to imitate them. Obviously they are not at that level. Who is?

I have personally found that a once a week water only fast for 24 hours can achieve wonders. Beyond that, you could be putting your health at risk.

The Lord does not want you to harm yourself.

I pray that you will be guided by the Holy Spirit and by holy angels, to get the healing and peace that you seek.

Upvote 0

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I pray that you will know for sure if it is the Lord who was telling you to fast. And that if it is, that you will know how to fast.

Fasting is a form of starvation. It can put great stress on the adrenals, which will never possibly recover. If the adrenals go bad, you can kiss your energy goodbye.

Moses and Christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. But we ain’t them! No one else is seen going through such strenuous fasting. Yet I’ve seen people trying to imitate them. Obviously they are not at that level. Who is?

I have personally found that a once a week water only fast for 24 hours can achieve wonders. Beyond that, you could be putting your health at risk.

The Lord does not want you to harm yourself.

I pray that you will be guided by the Holy Spirit and by holy angels, to get the healing and peace that you seek.
Thank you for your kind words. This has been an on and off situation. May the Lord bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟311.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Try to be careful. For sure The Lord doesn't want you to die from fasting and if you push yourself to the point where you're going to physically harm yourself beyond what the disease would, then I would question whether or not what you interpreted was correct. I would encourage you to do some more research on fasting as well.

God bless :heart:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
O Lord our God, Who by word alone did heal all diseases, Who did cure the kinswoman of Peter, You Who chastise with pity and heal according to Your goodness; Who are able to put aside every malady and infirmity, do You Yourself, the same Lord, grant aid to Your servant and cure them of every sickness of which they are grieved; lift them up from their bed of pain, and send down upon them Your great mercy, and if it be Your Will, give to them health and a complete recovery; for You are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You do we send up Glory: to Father, and to Son, and to Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,827.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

15cdda9764d4b590e414b2bd3e20a4cd.gif