Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Looking for balance on this forum I thought we should have a thread with positive things in it about the Pope and Catholicism.

Please let's keep this positive on on topic. Thank You

VATICAN CITY -- Underscoring the close ties between Christianity and Judaism and calling Holocaust denial "madness," Pope Francis told an interviewer that "inside every Christian is a Jew."

"Every day, I pray with the Psalms of David. My prayer is Jewish, then I have the Eucharist, which is Christian," the Argentine pontiff added.

Pope bolsters Jewish-Catholic ties in landmark meeting with European rabbis
Meeting celebrating 50 years of Jewish-Catholic relations is first time that a Conference of European Rabbis delegation is received at Vatican.

Sholem Aleichem!” said Pope Francis as he greeted a delegation of 30 European rabbis in Rome on Monday. (April 2015)

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Jerusalem Post:
Pope Francis is totally committed to reconciliation between the Church and Israel.
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-...atholic-Church-in-pro-Jewish-direction-355704

Francis declared that “since the Second Vatican Council we have rediscovered that the Jewish People are still for us the holy root that produced Jesus”. He also stated that despite the horrors inflicted on the Jewish People by the Shoah, “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel, and notwithstanding their terrible suffering over the centuries, the Jewish People have kept their faith. For this, we will never be sufficiently grateful to them as a Church, but also as human beings. In the persistence of their faith in the God of the Covenant, they summon all, including us as Christians, to recall the fact that we are awaiting the return of the Lord as pilgrims, and must therefore always remain open to Him and never retreat from what we have already achieved.”
http://www.ajc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=7oJILSPwFfJSG&b=8566313&ct=13292295&notoc=1

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

JeffTheLearner

a puff of smoke
Apr 9, 2006
Richland, MO
✟8,558.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember the words of the adulterous or strange woman are "smoother than oil" (Proverbs 5:3-6)

Note that the Popes duty is to uphold the "infallible" fallibilities of his predecessors. Also he is a Jesuit ...which even your avarage Catholics are cautious around because of their craftiness.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Reactions: Iscah
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Pope Francis's trip to America on Sept. 23-25 is also being watched. He is the 266th pope meeting with Obama on the 266th day of the year and 266 days is the average term of gestation for a human birth.
OMGosh. This kind of thinking drives me bananas. There are three persons in the holy trinity, just as there are three atoms in every water molecule and three singers in Peter Paul and Mary.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
OMGosh. This kind of thinking drives me bananas. There are three persons in the holy trinity, just as there are three atoms in every water molecule and three singers in Peter Paul and Mary.

Well numbers like that do matter to occultists and luciferians, is the idea at least. They were probably not randomly chosen numbers...

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well numbers like that do matter to occultists and luciferians....

And people on this forum...and certain rabbis obsessed with gematria....and the authors of scripture seem to use numbers for emphasis.....

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Well numbers like that do matter to occultists and luciferians, is the idea at least. They were probably not randomly chosen numbers...
I don't care who it matters to. It's still irrational.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't care who it matters to. It's still irrational.

You're missing the point.

I am clarifying that those numbers were not chosen by Vis because SHE puts stock in them.
She is saying that the conspirators put stock in them.

As an example:
Nazi ideology is irrational. But it would have been equally irrational to deny its existence.
Communism and the Communist plot against the west is, if you want to say it, irrational. But to deny it would be equally or even more irrational.
Satan is irrational. But he exists, nevertheless.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
For the reason I mentioned. Read the sentence right after where you cut off my quote.
I did read it. I just disagree. I'll wait for vis to clarify.

For me, such nonsense is not worth mentioning. It belongs in the category of reptilian shapeshifters and alien abductions. It's fun as fiction. I enjoyed the X-Files.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just a coincidence
coincidence-einstein.jpg

Upvote 0