New Messianic Karaite
Sep 5, 2015
Florida
✟8,366.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I believe that Pharoah's dudes were merely illusionists. You of course can have your own opinions. I am a preterist, so I believe the Anti-Christ already came and was Nero. I think that Jesus gave up much of his omniscience when he became incarnate as a man, just as he gave up his omnipresence.

It may seem like we have many differences, but really there is just one. You tend to have a miraculous world view, where supernatural beings do supernatural things quite often. Me? Although I allow for supernatural beings and happenings, I think they are few and far between, and that the world is by and large governed by the natural laws that God created it with.

I respectfully disagree, but I also respect your opinion.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
So Lulav, are you saying that you thing there is something significant about the commonality of those numbers?
I don't put much in coincidence, I think it is a fail safe for those who can't wrap their minds around certain things. I do believe we are all part of a huge ongoing chess game and each move is pre-planned encompassing many hundreds, even thousands of years. Most cannot fathom this kind of thing thus will call things like this a coincidence. As Albert said, it is G-d being anonymous but I also believe the other side does things in the same copycat manner.

I may just squeak by on the mensa line but I believe AE who is 22 points over me certainly knew what he was talking about.

Here are some things people say are coincidences.

Israel becoming a nation after 2000 years in the year 1948 CE and Abraham the father of us all was born in 1948BCE.

The book of Esther being the only book where G-d is not mentioned but the name Esther has a similarity of the word for hidden and it was at a time when G-d said he would hid his face from them (in the Torah Deut 31). The book of Esther is full of 'coincidences'.

What about http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=22211http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=22211? were these all coincidence?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't put much in coincidence, I think it is a fail safe for those who can't wrap their minds around certain things. I do believe we are all part of a huge ongoing chess game and each move is pre-planned encompassing many hundreds, even thousands of years. Most cannot fathom this kind of thing thus will call things like this a coincidence. As Albert said, it is G-d being anonymous but I also believe the other side does things in the same copycat manner.
Okay, that sounds more balanced.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Pope allegedly said the "environment has rights", just prior to Obama of the US and Jinping of China meeting to reach an environmental agreement.

It is easy to see how energy regulation can lead into global reward & punishment system that the rich can easily take advantage of and which will primarily affect the common man and woman (negatively.)

http://www.motherjones.com/environm...limate-change-are-here-and-they-mean-business

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

aniello

SiouxJew Messianic
May 17, 2015
✟8,014.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yep, O'Bama(POTUS=Pustule of the United States, Mamzer in chief) and his buddies will fix everything.

There's been an overall climatic warming trend ever since the receding of the last glacier age. I would hazard that G-d will take care of it, all of it in His good time.

More than time for Mr. Pope to go home. Vayase Francisco, dejame en paz.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well they say there's three spatial dimensions plus the dimension of time.

Then again one scientist said there's actually 17 dimensions, and there's Calabi-Yau and a bunch of other stuff.
"Well they say there's three spatial dimensions plus the dimension of time:"

I share this view.
Which is a Foundation to Physics.
The things that are being taught in certain media and other places are fallacies.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Pharoah's dudes were merely illusionists. You of course can have your own opinions. I am a preterist, so I believe the Anti-Christ already came and was Nero. .

That puts you in the position of saying that Nero came out of the abyss, had an army of locust demons, and actually it means you are in the position of saying "the antichrist was at least better than (eg. Hitler)".

So Hitler was worse than the antichrist. Other Roman emperors even, say Caligula, were worse than the antichrist.

There just seems to be something so deeply bizarre about that.

The antichrist - Hey, at least he's not as bad as some other guys !
Abaddon, ladies and gentlemen !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
"Well they say there's three spatial dimensions plus the dimension of time:"

I share this view.
Which is a Foundation to Physics.
The things that are being taught in certain media and other places are fallacies.

Sure, there's always crackpots on say Youtube, but some of the more well known and acknowledged scientists and scientific authors (Hawking, Greene, Tegmark) do suggest a lot of different and exotic things. Many believe in the multiverse or variants of the multiverse, such as "full ensemble" which posits that there are many different models of the multiverse (and hence the universe) that are simultaneously true. The idea is that everything that can be true, not only IS but in fact MUST be true, which is ... interesting.

I will mention something interesting I read from Brian Greene, who said that time does not really exist, or rather, all moments of space-time exist simultaneously, which seems to fit with the idea that all things are always present before God.

By that view, my yesterday-self is still in my yesterday, thinking yesterday's thoughts, and my one-minute-ago-self is still thinking one-minute-ago thoughts, and so on.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Pope allegedly said the "environment has rights"
Personally, I've always been pro-environment, long before it became a trend in the church. The way I view Genesis is that being in "dominion" over the earth is a RESPONSIBILITY. We are appointed the earth's gardeners, and God will hold us all morally responsible for how we care for the environment.

Green Faith: Statements of various Christian churches on the environment:
http://www.greenfaith.org/religious...nment/christian-statements-on-the-environment

Green Faith: Jewish statements on the environment:
http://www.greenfaith.org/religious-teachings/jewish-statements-on-the-environment

Last edited:
Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I've always been pro-environment, long before it became a trend in the church. The way I view Genesis is that being in "dominion" over the earth is a RESPONSIBILITY. We are appointed the earth's gardeners, and God will hold us all morally responsible for how we care for the environment.

Thus we must regulate people's energy usage in a global system, and punish energy offenders ?
That would NECESSITATE a one world order.

The attempt to establish a one world order angered Hashem in Genesis 11, to the point of scattering mankind into 70 divisions and problematizing international communication.

Millions and millions of people have died in wars that directly resulted from mankind being divided into 70 competing nations. Yet God thought it was worth it. THAT'S how deeply God hates the concept of a one world order. He hates it so deeply he PREFERS millions of people dying in territorial wars and whatnot.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
So Hitler was worse than the antichrist. Other Roman emperors even, say Caligular, were worse than the antichrist.
Caligula was undoubtedly a worse Caesar than Nero, BUT NOT TO CHRISTIANS. During Caligula's time, Christians were considered a sect of Judaism and were not singled out for persecution.

One cannot compare Nero to Hitler, because John never knew Hitler. One can only compare Nero to those whom John knew about who came before Nero.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Thus we must regulate people's energy usage in a global system, and punish energy offenders ?
That would NECESSITATE a one world order.

The attempt to establish a one world order angered Hashem in Genesis 11, to the point of scattering mankind into 70 divisions and problematizing international communication.

Millions and millions of people have died in wars that directly resulted from mankind being divided into 70 competing nations. Yet God thought it was worth it. THAT'S how deeply God hates the concept of a one world order. He hates it so deeply he PREFERS millions of people dying in territorial wars and whatnot.
I'm personally against a one world order, but my opposition has NOTHING to do with Genesis. I'm opposed simply because I think small groups of humans work better than large groups. The larger the group the less managable and the less socially satisfying they are.

I also don't think that it will take a one world order in order for environmentalism to work. Most of our major countries already have environmental laws in effect, and other offenders look like they are about to follow suit. It is ultimately for the benefit of everyone to cooperate.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You have the three dimensions of space (length, width, height) plus the fourth dimension of time. Some what are the two dimensions that you are talking about?
From what I have read regarding CERN and the dimension it is trying to enter, the four dimensions you mention are in our dimension... who knows what is in the other dimension.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
In one universe I'm a pirate, though.

That thought encourages me, yarrr
Caligula was undoubtedly a worse Caesar than Nero, BUT NOT TO CHRISTIANS. During Caligula's time, Christians were considered a sect of Judaism and were not singled out for persecution.

One cannot compare Nero to Hitler, because John never knew Hitler. One can only compare Nero to those whom John knew about who came before Nero.

I can compare them.

Hitler killed way more people than did the "antichrist". He killed more of the people of Israel than did the "destroyer".

Look, in a sense, they were both antichrists, but I do not think either corresponds to the "angel of the abyss", "Abaddon", described in the Revelation of John.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In one universe I'm a pirate, though.

That thought encourages me, yarrr

I can compare them.

Hitler killed way more people than did the "antichrist". He killed more of the people of Israel than did the "destroyer".

Look, in a sense, they were both antichrists, but I do not think either corresponds to the "angel of the abyss", "Abaddon", described in the Revelation of John.
I think "angel" of the abyss might just be our first clue, that the antichrist is not human.

Reactions: Hoshiyya
Upvote 0