Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do believe theistic evolution gives God the credit for getting things rolling.
That is unbelief with a church t-shirt on.

I notice that evos often cry foul when someone suggests that the word evolution involves the whole of life, they try to confuse the issue by invoking abiogenesis.

I see the way you use the word. That is exactly what most people think of when thinking about 'evolution' .. some sick alternate creation story.

I believe (and the bible says) that God created the kinds and plants and mankind and the world, etc...THAT is how He got things rolling.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess that is why religious beliefs are based on faith. Faith that your belief is the right one.

All kinds of different beliefs out there and there is one to suit just about anybody.
I did not come to a belief in Christ because it suited me. I came because I saw it to be the truth.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the evidence very strongly indicates that this is the way the universe as we know it started.

Dizredux
Utterly false. No evidence of any kind anywhere indicates anything remotely close to that. It is your belief system that misuses the evidence that cooks up such insane conclusions.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and it also largely negates the existence of an actual historical couple called Adam and Eve. I don't understand why so many Christians have such a big problem with that.

Try to focus..."it" also negates..?? What does exactly?

Jesus and others in the bible refer to the first man and woman, and it is crystal clear that God (in the Person of Christ) created all things, and without Him was not anything made that was made. For any man or pope to try to overrule Scripture and Christ simply illuminates their true condition. Unbeliever.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In reality, most Christians don't have a problem with it. The minority group that does though, whines a lot about it.
All Christians agree that Jesus created the world and man. It comes with the territory of Scripture and what Christ taught.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I notice that evos often cry foul when someone suggests that the word evolution involves the whole of life, they try to confuse the issue by invoking abiogenesis.

I see the way you use the word. That is exactly what most people think of when thinking about 'evolution' .. some sick alternate creation story.

I believe (and the bible says) that God created the kinds and plants and mankind and the world, etc...THAT is how He got things rolling.

Ok, well, I guess you should tell all the Christians (the majority) who agree with the TOE, they are not Christians then.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, well, I guess you should tell all the Christians (the majority) who agree with the TOE, they are not Christians then.

And if he does,he will be breaking site rules.."do not question another's faith".
If he questions mine(I am a TE)..the mods will know.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For any man or pope to try to overrule Scripture and Christ simply illuminates their true condition. Unbeliever.
And if he does,he will be breaking site rules.."do not question another's faith".

He seems to have tread very close with this statement. What distinctions are being made?

Upvote 0

Dizredux

Dec 20, 2013
✟10,521.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Utterly false. No evidence of any kind anywhere indicates anything remotely close to that. It is your belief system that misuses the evidence that cooks up such insane conclusions.
Errr you do realize that pretty much all of the scientists that study this kind of thing agree with what I said? If they are guilty of "insane conclusions" then it is a very well evidenced and supported kind of insanity.

To say that there is "No evidence of any kind anywhere indicates anything remotely close to that." tells me nothing about the evidence but only that you live in a very closed artificial world of your own making and nothing will get you to even consider coming out to the world God made. Your loss, not mine.

Dizredux

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In calling theistic evolution; unbelief with a church t shirt on, I interpret that as TE's being unbelievers in his mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

botham

Nov 21, 2012
Canada
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First, I love Catholic Christians. As in all denominations, there are mere Church attenders and then there are Christians. Their general stance is pro life and pro family, societal positions that are Godly and Biblical. Catholics also have many unresolved issues such as women as priests and so forth. But any sensibly informed Catholic would tell you that they believe in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as their central and core belief around which all other issues revolve.
The present Pope is a liberal. Ambivalent statements about homosexuality, followed by these latest statements about evolution leave no doubt about this since, as with all people, our important remarks of record represent but a part of our overall thinking were it to be fully known. We can be sure that Emeritus Benedict is not being consulted prior to the issuance of statements.
Clearly, evolution is not Biblical. God, from the first statement in Genesis, is presented as Sovereign and absolutely Holy in Nature. He is limitless in power and needs no secondary such as evolution to create. By definition, when He speaks, it is done. I'll wrap it up by reminding readers that if God said, in His Holy Word, Jesus Christ will return, then Jesus Christ must return. We need to be ready for that. God bless all,

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First, I love Catholic Christians. As in all denominations, there are mere Church attenders and then there are Christians. Their general stance is pro life and pro family, societal positions that are Godly and Biblical. Catholics also have many unresolved issues such as women as priests and so forth. But any sensibly informed Catholic would tell you that they believe in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as their central and core belief around which all other issues revolve.
The present Pope is a liberal. Ambivalent statements about homosexuality, followed by these latest statements about evolution leave no doubt about this since, as with all people, our important remarks of record represent but a part of our overall thinking were it to be fully known. We can be sure that Emeritus Benedict is not being consulted prior to the issuance of statements.
Clearly, evolution is not Biblical. God, from the first statement in Genesis, is presented as Sovereign and absolutely Holy in Nature. He is limitless in power and needs no secondary such as evolution to create. By definition, when He speaks, it is done. I'll wrap it up by reminding readers that if God said, in His Holy Word, Jesus Christ will return, then Jesus Christ must return. We need to be ready for that. God bless all,

See my above post.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Errr you do realize that pretty much all of the scientists that study this kind of thing agree with what I said? If they are guilty of "insane conclusions" then it is a very well evidenced and supported kind of insanity.

To say that there is "No evidence of any kind anywhere indicates anything remotely close to that." tells me nothing about the evidence but only that you live in a very closed artificial world of your own making and nothing will get you to even consider coming out to the world God made. Your loss, not mine.

Dizredux
My point is that there are some things we cannot deny as Christians, such as the virgin birth. Nor can we deny that God created the world..the heaven and earth and man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not for me to judge where people are at with God. However one cannot deny Christ as creator.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Farbeit from me to question anyone's faith. Either we believe or not! There is no faith to question if we don't.

Upvote 0

botham

Nov 21, 2012
Canada
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, thank you for the information. I can't concentrate fully on such a long article, but an interesting aspect was that of 'chance'. One clergy alluded to the process of evolution appearing to be a process of chance to our finite mind but to God, something He ordains and therefore not chance. Bit of a philosophical conundrum. That would be, in my opinion, less than what God desires in relationship to His created beings. God seems to be saying in His creation, 'look'. No matter if you look to the cosmological vastness of space or through the various scientific methods of particle physics, He says: 'Be amazed, be very amazed, and this is just the bit you can understand with the carnal brain; imagine what else I, God, have to show you in your future perfection through Jesus Christ'. This represents the mystery, not the speculative and spiritually troubling aspects of secular evolutionary thought. So, if your opinion is that the Catholic Church, notwithstanding a core belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, is continuing down a precarious theological path with respect to the issue of evolution, I am in agreement. Thank you,

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
But the evidence very strongly indicates that this is the way the universe as we know it started.

Dizredux

Actually if it had started with a big bang, our universe would have been
pushed out of existence. According to the big bang computer model our
universe should not be here.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not for me to judge where people are at with God. However one cannot deny Christ as creator.

Not your place to judge where people are with God? Post 284 would say otherwise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.