Police shooting victims show police are sexist

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
More deflection, you argue disproportion, offer no secondary analysis to demonstrate the argument you're putting forward and then throw a tantrum when someone points out the flaws in the argument. Typical.

This thread was created as a counterpoint, but then fails to actually make an adequate comparison. As a result, it's now about attacking others since you failed to make an appropriate comparison. Again, typical.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
More deflection, you argue disproportion, offer no secondary analysis to demonstrate the argument you're putting forward

My point is BLM never needed "secondary analysis" to take off, so any male variant does not need it either. The disparity is injustice in itself.

Come on, BLM formed and took off as a response to ONE GUY being killed. And it wasn't a lecture class, it was an emotive response to the disparity and little else. Suddenly another group suggests a similar approach to a particular problem and you play sociology-101-major. Interesting.

Most of your secondary analyses aren't even talking about violent crimes that would prompt armed responses anyway, so it's largely irrelevant as well as long.

and then throw a tantrum when someone points out the flaws in the argument. Typical.

Stop projecting, SM.

This thread was created as a counterpoint, but then fails to actually make an adequate comparison.

"I just moved the goalposts up a cliff and now people are 'attacking' me by pointing that out"

As a result, it's now about attacking others since you failed to make an appropriate comparison. Again, typical.

Not really. As ever - be consistent. Although I'm starting to think you wouldn't know consistency if it hit you in the face.

What's BLM's official, empirical line on secondary analyses of discrimination against black people?

Oh wait, decentralised movement - y'all don't have one.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Simple question SM, which you're avoiding. Did you need to read over a dozen academic studies before you became a BLM supporter?
That's irrelevant. This is a sad attempt to make this be about me instead of the weakness of the argument presented by this thread.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
That's irrelevant. This is a sad attempt to make this be about me instead of the weakness of the argument presented by this thread.

Not at all. I'm simply wondering whether you're applying an evidentiary standard in the argument in this thread to me that you are not applying to yourself. If you are, I see no reason to match it.

Now answer the question, please.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
– FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
An argument is presented in this thread, and now it is up to me to say whether I believe something? It is irrelevant. If I believed something, the argument presented in this thread still hasn't been qualified. If I did not believe something, the argument presented in this thread still hasn't been qualified. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to present information and when it is demonstrated that the comparison is not apt, deflection galore. Carry on. :wave:

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
An argument is presented in this thread, and now it is up to me to say whether I believe something? It is irrelevant. If I believed something, the argument presented in this thread still hasn't been qualified. If I did not believe something, the argument presented in this thread still hasn't been qualified. This is nothing more than a sad attempt to present information and when it is demonstrated that the comparison is not apt, deflection galore. Carry on. :wave:

We are talking about the right of movements to exist. If you hold one movement to standards that you are not applying to another, then you are simply being hypocritical. BLM considers the disparity injustice enough. The appeal to proportionality without secondary analysis is regularly used by its defenders - indeed, that argument was what Huckabee was referring to.

Again, did you need to read those studies in order to justify supporting BLM? If not, why not? And why are you holding other movements to different standards? If you are not willing to hold the two to the same standards, then there you are not making any sort of argument, you are simply moving goalposts around :wave:

I'll ask again - answer the question, please.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
We are talking about the right of movements to exist. If you hold one movement to standards that you are not applying to another, then you are simply being hypocritical. BLM considers the disparity injustice enough. The appeal to proportionality without secondary analysis is regularly used by its defenders - indeed, that argument was what Huckabee was referring to.

Again, did you need to read those studies in order to justify supporting BLM? If not, why not? And why are you holding other movements to different standards? If you are not willing to hold the two to the same standards, then there you are not making any sort of argument, you are simply moving goalposts around :wave:

I'll ask again - answer the question, please.
Defenders do not appeal to proportionality without secondary analysis, that's a straw man.

I did not believe there was any bias until I saw the data that proved otherwise. You talk about standards, the secondary analysis has always been there, they were known before the BLM movement began. Keep spinning, still no secondary analysis from you, but we know this all deflection. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You're the one responding to the distraction - and why is having *additional* movements a bad thing? BLM is not the only movement in town nor is black inequality the only issue - seems rather entitled to expect all the focus be on you.
I have no problem with other movements. I just find it funny that all those other movements, are brought up in response to BLM and would never have come out of their own volition.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
– FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.
I'm not going to argue this data. But I will ask:
Why do you think that is?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think one of the problems with the comparison is that a lot of blacks who have done very well for themselves still find themselves victimized and mistreated by cops.
I don't think that that is a scenario that plays across all other "X lives matter" campaigns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If blacks are a minority in the US (13%) , but 37% of those killed by police are black, that means blacks are killed at a disproportionately higher rate than any other group. So your qualifier "only" is misleading.

Blacks commit approx 50% of violent crime, so they have more run-ins with the police than whites do.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Rap music from 25 years ago and the myth of the absent black father!
Funny you know. I had bought into that myth as well. But wouldn't you know it; you read information and reports and studies and you LEARN things. And then, if you are a mature adult, you shift your perception to allow the new information in.

I don't know a lot of black dudes but every one I know that's a dad is a very involved dad.

Upvote 0