Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
sorry but walking on water and sinking in water at the same time does appear to be contradictions, the fact I just explained how it is not, now you say its not. I did not take it out of context but lets put it in context if that makes you feel better.

Rich man comes up to Jesus and says I will follow you any where, Jesus says sell everything you own and follow me, the man walked away because he was very rich and had many things. so Jesus said it is easier that a camel pass through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. The disciples said who can be saved then, Jesus said with man it is impossible with God all things are possible.

Certainly sounds like he said all things are possible. Yeah i guess I am dumb Because I take an all powerful God would be able to do anything. SO what your saying is God is not all powerful. That there are some things beyond His power? do i understand you correctly?
The point of Jesus' statement was in reply to the disciples who said then no one is capable of getting to heaven.

Matthew 19:25-26

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Man isnt incapable of going to heaven on his own ability because we always have laws of God we will never achieve to the perfection God requires. But with God, even the most vile person can enter heaven, even if they repent on their death bed. This is something man can't stand or accept. That God could be that forgiving that If Hitler repented just minutes before he was killed we would enter heaven. Even as villianated as Donald Trump is, he could enter heaven. Why? Because it isn't up to man. It is up to God.

That is why Jesus said his statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The point of Jesus' statement was in reply to the disciples who said then no one is capable of getting to heaven.

Matthew 19:25-26

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Man isnt incapable of going to heaven on his own ability because we always have laws of God we will never achieve to the perfection God requires. But with God, even the most vile person can enter heaven, even if they repent on their death bed. This is something man can't stand or accept. That God could be that forgiving that If Hitler repented just minutes before he was killed we would enter heaven. Even as villianated as Donald Trump is, he could enter heaven. Why? Because it isn't up to man. It is up to God.

That is why Jesus said his statement.

So your stance is God did not mean all things are possible with Him? You can not say God is all powerful and then say somethings are beyond His power that is a contradiction.

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
seems your false accusing me care to show how I mocked you. I asked you question to understand your postion.

So why is it you can make a contradiction but God can not? You said God is all powerful and then said somethings are beyond His power that is a contradiction. Care to explain?
I cannot make a contradiction that is true. I cannot make a room full and empty at the same time. Neither can God. It has nothing to do with His power. It's not impossible because of a limitation with God. It's impossible because it's categorically impossible. You cannot have and empty and full room. I cannot be married and unmarried at the same time.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I cannot make a contradiction that is true. I cannot make a room full and empty at the same time. Neither can God. It has nothing to do with His power. It's not impossible because of a limitation with God. It's impossible because it's categorically impossible. You cannot have and empty and full room. I cannot be married and unmarried at the same time.

You still have not address the contradiction that you say God is all powerful yet somethings are beyond His power.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So your stance is God did not mean all things are possible with Him? You can not say God is all powerful and then say somethings are beyond His power that is a contradiction.
I don't expect agreement. Norman Geisler states a wrong definition is assumed in the Omnipotence paradox. He says, per wiki, God can do anything that's possible according to his nature. And St. Augustine say God is called omnipotent on account of His doing what He wills" and thus proposes the definition that "Y is omnipotent" means "If Y wishes to do X then Y can and does do X".

Thus attempting hypotheticals for hypothetical sake regarding God's abilities is an exercise in futility because it is only up to God to decide what He can do.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't expect agreement. Norman Geisler states a wrong definition is assumed in the Omnipotence paradox. He says, per wiki, God can do anything that's possible according to his nature. And St. Augustine say God is called omnipotent on account of His doing what He wills" and thus proposes the definition that "Y is omnipotent" means "If Y wishes to do X then Y can and does do X".

Thus attempting hypotheticals for hypothetical sake regarding God's abilities is an exercise in futility because it is only up to God to decide what He can do.
i can agree with the last part

Upvote 0