[PERMANENTLY CLOSED] Anal sex, oral sex, and Pentecostalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've got a cousin that asked me if oral sex was considered fornication. I knew the answer was yes, obviously, but I found out that the word fornication implies to sexual intercourse which to my knowledge means genital penetration?
Actually, you should be looking at the original language word definitions to make conclusions like that. In the NT the word usually behind "fornication" is inappropriate contentia. As far as I can tell, the way that word was used in the greek speaking Jewish Diaspora communities was to describe ANYTHING that violated the sexual laws in the OT. Premarital sex was inappropriate contentia. Sex during "the period" was inappropriate contentia. Sex with a close relative was inappropriate contentia. Same gender sex was inappropriate contentia. Sex with an animal was inappropriate contentia. But no mention of oral sex.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have heard there is no purpose at all for a woman's [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] but for pleasure alone.

I am in the oral sex camp between married couples.

But here is a cautionary tale of sorts, a man contracted e coli in one of his testes which led to orchitis and the ball had to be removed. He had anal sex with his wife.

Anal sex cost this gentleman a ball.

The anus is full of bacteria. Anal sex can cause fissures (tissue tears) in the weaker walls introducing pathogens into the body of the receiver and cause rectal prolapse and exacerbate hemorrhoids.

The anus is designed for pushing out, not pushing in.

If one is enjoying both vaginal and anal sex with their spouse, they can spread many bacterias from the anus to vagina easily if they don't immediately shower and soap themselves clean. And there can be leaking from the anus to the vagina which could lead to bacterial infections in the vagina too.

The anus is not a sex organ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't tell you what official beliefs are but what I can say is that people who engage in anal sex are at far higher risk of STI's than those who don't. The reason for this is simple. Walls in the anal cavity are not as strong and tear much more easily which is what allows infection to get in the system.

Just in case anyone doesn't read carefully what I said please note I said people who engage in anal sex. This is not limited to homosexuals and I am not falsely claiming AIDS is a punishment from God on homosexuals.

I concur. The passages in Leviticus, while specifically citing man lying with man, forbid sodomy in any and all cases.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like what Heb.13:4 says. Here is Young's literal translation. The modern translations want to change the nature of what the Greek says by making it something we are to do in the marriage bed. But the Greek as I understand it says the marriage bed is undefiled. So Its what you and your wife can do in faith and you find loving.

4 honourable [is] the marriage in all, and the bed undefiled, and whoremongers and adulterers God shall judge.

People are making lots of money by declaring that marriage is holy! It is not according to Bible; it is simply honourable to distinguish us from animals.!

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
he passages in Leviticus, while specifically citing man lying with man, forbid sodomy in any and all cases.
And what activities exactly are included in "sodomy?"

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are the Pentecostal beliefs about anal and oral sex? :preach:
It's Baal Peor worship.
In a charismatic church where they broke those things though they said everyone thought about that differently so when a couple thought it was okay they wouldn't say anything and not break it in Jesus' Name which I think is weird.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's Baal Peor worship.
Really? Where do you get that?

Oral is described (in flowery poetic terms) several times in the Song of Solomon.
Since in that book myrrh is symbolic of feminine "wetness;" every time you see his lips dripping with myrrh ......

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really? Where do you get that?

Oral is described (in flowery poetic terms) several times in the Song of Solomon.
Since in that book myrrh is symbolic of feminine "wetness;" every time you see his lips dripping with myrrh ......
A guy who used to be homosexual told me that, it clicked with me so I looked it up. Someone said that too about song of Solomon but he said that then it must be somewhere else in the Bible too.
It's unnatural.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A guy who used to be homosexual told me that, it clicked with me so I looked it up.
About baal-peor? Most of the greek pantheon had temple prostitutes that had regular intercourse as part of worship for those idols.
Is that also to be avoided because someone mis-used it? If not, what is the difference?
Someone said that too about song of Solomon but he said that then it must be somewhere else in the Bible too.
It is in keeping with other erotic poetry from the Mideast of the same time period.
Why did he think it had to be somewhere else in the bible?
In a charismatic church where they broke those things though they said everyone thought about that differently so when a couple thought it was okay they wouldn't say anything and not break it in Jesus' Name which I think is weird.
I would like to know on what basis they were doing that. I am of the opinion that it was something that upset their own legalistic sensibilities so they declared it a curse that needed to be broken. In that way they dump their own legalism on others.

The bible is not shy from saying what is dis-allowed sexually. In detail. And there is a command in both testaments to not add to the text.

By declaring some activity "idol worship" they are doing just that; by dragging it under the prohibition of idols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About baal-peor? Most of the greek pantheon had temple prostitutes that had regular intercourse as part of worship for those idols.
Is that also to be avoided because someone mis-used it? If not, what is the difference?

It is in keeping with other erotic poetry from the Mideast of the same time period.
Why did he think it had to be somewhere else in the bible?

I would like to know on what basis they were doing that. I am of the opinion that it was something that upset their own legalistic sensibilities so they declared it a curse that needed to be broken. In that way they dump their own legalism on others.

The bible is not shy from saying what is dis-allowed sexually. In detail. And there is a command in both testaments to not add to the text.

By declaring some activity "idol worship" they are doing just that; by dragging it under the prohibition of idols.
That was the lord of the gaps. Baal-peor was represented with a phallus in his mouth, according to St. Jerome.
This is the only site I could find on it when that guy said that and I wanted to check it:
http://thelatterdays.blogspot.nl/2009/03/worship-of-baal-peor.html

Because with two witnesses a case is solved. If only one text says something you can't build a theology on it.

If Song of Solomon was about oral sex they were having sex before marriage, because they weren't married yet. I thought that was forbidden.

They didn't dump it on you. It was a ministry couple who prayed for married people and they asked us what we thought ourselves. It was on the list of things to break, but they said they only did that if people believed themselves that it was bad. They said some thought it was okay and then they wouldn't mention it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because with two witnesses a case is solved. If only one text says something you can't build a theology on it.
So if God says something only once - it is invalid? Baptizing in the name of Father Son and Holy Spirit is only listed once in Matt 28. Is that something you cannot build a theology on?

If Song of Solomon was about oral sex they were having sex before marriage, because they weren't married yet. I thought that was forbidden.
Of course they were married. And the whole book is full of sex of all different kinds.

They didn't dump it on you. It was a ministry couple who prayed for married people and they asked us what we thought ourselves. It was on the list of things to break, but they said they only did that if people believed themselves that it was bad. They said some thought it was okay and then they wouldn't mention it.

And what was THEIR opinion? That those who "thought it was OK" were a bunch of pervs and deceived in their sins?
If that was NOT their opinion I do not see why they would be ministering in that manner.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if God says something only once - it is invalid? Baptizing in the name of Father Son and Holy Spirit is only listed once in Matt 28. Is that something you cannot build a theology on?

Of course they were married. And the whole book is full of sex of all different kinds.

And what was THEIR opinion? That those who "thought it was OK" were a bunch of pervs and deceived in their sins?
If that was NOT their opinion I do not see why they would be ministering in that manner.
What is the Name of the Holy Spirit? Oh whatever that's off topic but some believe Jesus already came back because one text seems to implicate that.
They were married? He was knocking on her door, she was too lazy to open. If they were married I'd suppose he had a key himself. But I may be wrong.

They just had a list to work through.
I suppose not, why would you pray for a perv who doesn't want to convert and lay hands on them to pray for other things? Then they would have said: we don't pray for you. We want to keep ourselves clean. My ex was laid hands on by a minister and then all of a sudden he wanted filthy anal sex which made me feel like an inferior not good enough for normal sex, but normal wasn't possible. He thought that came on him when that man prayed so when they asked if we ever had done that he asked them to break it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the Name of the Holy Spirit?
Name as in authority. Not unlike "Stop in the name of the law!"
They were married? He was knocking on her door, she was too lazy to open.
Wealthy women had their own separate residences - especially the wives of a king.
I suppose not, why would you pray for a perv who doesn't want to convert and lay hands on them to pray for other things? Then they would have said: we don't pray for you. We want to keep ourselves clean.
Not my point. My point was if they thought OS was good and godly, why would they be praying to deliver someone from it?

But that brings up another point that has absolutely no scriptural basis - the transfer of demonic power vial laying on of hands. I know Derek Prince taught that. But I have prayerfully studied it out and do not see it in scripture at all.

But Derek never claimed infallibility. (I had a few one on one conversations with him) He insisted that everyone study it out with much prayer for them selves. I have done that. The warning about laying hands on no man suddenly is more about putting public affirmation on someone who is in overt sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Name as in authority. Not unlike "Stop in the name of the law!"

Wealthy women had their own separate residences - especially the wives of a king.

Not my point. My point was if they thought OS was good and godly, why would they be praying to deliver someone from it?

But that brings up another point that has absolutely no scriptural basis - the transfer of demonic power vial laying on of hands. I know Derek Prince taught that. But I have prayerfully studied it out and do not see it in scripture at all.

But Derek never claimed infallibility. (I had a few one on one conversations with him) He insisted that everyone study it out with much prayer for them selves. I have done that. The warning about laying hands on no man suddenly is more about putting public affirmation on someone who is in overt sin.
They thought it was perversion themselves.

I don't want to discuss the subject anymore btw, don't want flashbacks. I was in a sinful relationship with a inappropriate content addict who wanted oral sex. I put on youtube when I repented and let Derek throw all those perversion demons out. They're right about one thing: it makes you almost asexual.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I do see oral sex in the erotic language of Song Of Solomon. There is no definitive way of interpreting the book even when one is taking it literaly and not as an alligory. But as I read it it get much more the feeling that they aren't married.

As for oral sex and bad things. Like any body to body contact disease can be spread. So we all figure out what level of risk we are willing to live with.
If a person is living in faith I don't see how demons can get involved.

Biblically, I don't see any command against oral sex.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I see oral sex as part of the natural bonding that occurs between spouses.

I think it can be a very beautiful thing in which makes the marriage bond grow stronger that God has provided and met the marriage couple all their perfect desires in each one another.

Allowing greater spiritual growth by removing cheating temptations and adulterous thoughts. Becuase we all have sex drives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.