Non-Christians: How do you feel about the change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't imagine another forum where something like this would happen. No Muslim forum would ever suddenly become a debating forum with a bit of Islam tacked on (even the non nutty sites).

The reason I came to this forum is because it has a rep as the biggest Christian site on the web.

The day after I come here it's barely a Christian site at all.

I am dead set against this change. Let's Jihad.

Oh my!!! ^_^

Thank you for that. :clap:

I can't say what yet, but there are going to be some protests over this and staff may turn a blind eye to it. Make sure you start reading siggies, and take a gander in the Support forums once in awhile...

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is probably one of my favorite posts ever. And people wonder while I admire the Muslim faith.

One of my faves too!!! I linked it over in the discussion thread.

Jihad!!!!

Lisa

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's disappointing. I don't come here for general fellowship. I come here to argue with Christians (sometimes friendly, sometimes not, but I'm being honest, that is why I come here). If this isn't a Christian site, then I am less interested in participating.
Well, the way it looks, the atheist may be debating more with the Muslims as it does seem there are Christians leaving it.
I myself will remain so I can continue to be a "thorn in the side" of the Muslims :D

http://foru.ms/t5938238-official-petition-to-bring-back-christian-forums.html

Yet all the Christians are leaving or threatening to leave. That is what will make this place secular, not removing "Christian" from the forum name. Perhaps I am mistaken and this place will render itself unfruitful regardless if the Christians remain . .

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For those of you who are speaking up on behalf of us Christians, I, Thank You from the bottom of my heart. It is hurtful to us that the name of Christ has been removed from this forum. I really appreciate your reactions to this. :hug:

Lisa

I also want to convey my gratefulness and thankfulness. :hug:

I can't imagine another forum where something like this would happen. No Muslim forum would ever suddenly become a debating forum with a bit of Islam tacked on (even the non nutty sites).

The reason I came to this forum is because it has a rep as the biggest Christian site on the web.

The day after I come here it's barely a Christian site at all.

I am dead set against this change. Let's Jihad for Christianity.

I'm not sure what Jihad means, but I think it's good in this case. Thank you. :hug:

One of my faves too!!! I linked it over in the discussion thread.

Jihad!!!!

Lisa

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I also want to convey my gratefulness and thankfulness. :hug:

I'm not sure what Jihad means, but I think it's good in this case. Thank you. :hug:

Jihad is Holy War. It is a Muslim phrase and has been abused by Terrorists. Some extremists have declared Jihad on the US, her allies and Israel. That is why a Muslim saying it on behalf of Christians is so precious to me. I think it is precious to God as well.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't worry, I've got your backs too. ;)

Deism was originally a radical form of Christianity so technically your religion is like a big sister. :D

Thanks sweetie! :hug:

I have always remarked on how Christ-like my non-Christian friends were here. You guys often put us to shame.

Lisa

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Huh, was there talk about jihad? I'm in :cool:
The Christ-ian Jihad!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Reve 19:11 And I perceived the heaven having be opened and Lo! A horse, white and the One sitting on it/him being called Faithfull one and True one and in justice He is judging and dost war. 14 And the armies, in the heaven, followed to him on horses, white, having been inslipped/dressed linen, white clean,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oxy2Hydr0

Senior Veteran
May 23, 2005
Boca Raton, Florida
✟17,633.00
Faith
Muslim
Lisa0315 said:
Jihad is Holy War. It is a Muslim phrase and has been abused by Terrorists. Some extremists have declared Jihad on the US, her allies and Israel. That is why a Muslim saying it on behalf of Christians is so precious to me. I think it is precious to God as well.

Lisa

Your statement is false. Jihad literally means Struggle or Strife. In the religious sense it denotes a struggle against evil.

Harbu Qudus literally means Holy War in Arabic.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
It's disappointing. I don't come here for general fellowship. I come here to argue with Christians (sometimes friendly, sometimes not, but I'm being honest, that is why I come here). If this isn't a Christian site, then I am less interested in participating.

More importantly, it's a disappointment to me bcause I honestly thought we were going to see something from the Christian end of the spectrum here. I've been around this forum long enough to know the ins and outs of some of its politics, and I've seen a lot of people hurt by the old rules. Folks suddenly denied their faith icon (then told it wasn't a judgement about their faith), folks questioned about their marriages, etc, deceitful bannings, deliberately biased moderation, baiting by mods, etc. That stuff didn't happen every day and most of the mods made an honest effort, but it happened often enough to cause some real tears. The bottom line is that the old CF, specifically the secrecy and the division of members into discrete categories of participation is what set the stage for that). I was happy to see it go in the latest reforms, not the least of reasons being that I thought we were going to see a Christian website that DIDN'T rely on coercive authority or serve primarily as a system for status politics. What I thought we might get to see here was the best in Christianity.

And we did see that, we saw it in dozens of moderators and admins that quietly went about trying to make the system work. Some didn't even like the reforms, but they gave it a shot. Yes, there were lots of other people angry and spiteful about losing the leverage they had over the rest of us. But at least some were showing they could make their faith work without being propped up by a host of rules and weapons to use against the unfaithful.

There were others who talked about letting the wolves into the rest of the forum, compared us non-Christians to pedophiles and said we were doing the Devil's work, that our mere presence in other forums would harm young Christians, etc. They pushed to have the term "Christian" taken off the site. They played up every flaw in the new system and turned everything into a constant referendum on the reforms and the Christian status of the site. In effect, they insisted that it just isn't a Christian forum without all the baggage that came with it before. They put status politics above everything else and denied the possibility that was the initial round of reforms. And it looks to me an aweful lot like they won.

To me, it's a bit like finding out your opponent isn't worthy after all, like the respect I thought I had for Christianity is misplaced. It's as though a website can't be Christian unless it really is petty and mean-spirited.

That's a shame. I would rather have seen what Christians could do without all that junk.

You're the best. :thumbsup:

winticket.gif

Reactions: Brimshack
Upvote 0

Oxy2Hydr0

Senior Veteran
May 23, 2005
Boca Raton, Florida
✟17,633.00
Faith
Muslim
Wow I left for couple of days and come back to a site that I thought was a spoof.

I had to close my browser like 4-5 times and then searched for Christian Forums but I keep coming back to this FORU.MS...blah.

I then checked the IP everything is cool with it and then I realized it was a domain name change :doh:

I was really upset to see the name change. For me my purpose here will perhaps fade since it will no longer continue to be "the gate way" for all christians etc to enter through when searching for truth and whatever.

I kinda saw this place as an entrance that people passed through and the best place to "clearify Islam" which is at the nest it self.

I thought FORU.MS meant "For you My Saviour"...dunno I was trying to unpuzzle the initials from a Christian's view.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow I left for couple of days and come back to a site that I thought was a spoof.

I had to close my browser like 4-5 times and then searched for Christian Forums but I keep coming back to this FORU.MS...blah.

I then checked the IP everything is cool with it and then I realized it was a domain name change :doh:

I was really upset to see the name change. For me my purpose here will perhaps fade since it will no longer continue to be "the gate way" for all christians etc to enter through when searching for truth and whatever.

I kinda saw this place as an entrance that people passed through and the best place to "clearify Islam" which is at the nest it self.

I thought FORU.MS meant "For you My Saviour"...dunno I was trying to unpuzzle the initials from a Christian's view.

If it meant that, then, Erwin would have saved himself alot of grief by telling us that.

Lisa

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.