Need some opinions on the "Unpardonable Sin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NIV is not the best translation. The ASB is the most literal and the KJV.

The sin is speaking against The Holy Spirit. like the Pharisees did calling Good evil

The NASB renders it the same way as the NIV.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You make a valid point. devil worshipers might read it and do it out of anger and rebellion but later on wish to be saved but it would be to late. Also it could be used as acceptance in such circles. There is a reason it is not plainly written.
Had you read my initial description of this issue? It is in post #6 of this thread.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Luke 11 NASB

14 And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed. 15 But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the ruler of the demons.” 16 Others, [m]to test Him, were demanding of Him a [n]sign from heaven. 17 But He knew their thoughts and said to them, “[o]Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and a house divided against [p]itself falls. 18 If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19 And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges. 20 But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 21 When [q]a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are [r]undisturbed. 22 But when someone stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied and distributes his plunder. 23 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me, scatters.

24 “When the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ 25 And when it comes, it finds it swept and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

27 While [t]Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” 28 But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”

Mat 12 NASB
The Pharisees Rebuked
22 Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to [v]Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23 All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by [w]Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

25 And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “[x]Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and [y]any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he [z]is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27 If I by [aa]Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

The Unpardonable Sin
30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

31 “Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 Whoever [ab]speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever [ac]speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3 NASB

20 And He *came [h]home, and the crowd *gathered again, to such an extent that they could not even eat a meal. 21 When His own [j]people heard of this, they went out to take custody of Him; for they were saying, “He has lost His senses.” 22 The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by [k]Beelzebul,” and “He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons.” 23 And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26 If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but [l]he is finished! 27 But no one can enter the strong man’s house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.

28 “Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

and in mark we find our answer they called Good evil.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No I am not Those are the words of Christ not mine.

Not excepting Christ is not an unforgivable sin because at any time a person can repent and be saved. However if The Holy Spirit is speaking through a person and you say it is satan as the Pharisees did, you are damn to hell from that point on whether you repent or not, in fact you can not repent at that point it is impossible you become a son of perdition.
One passage you quoted for that point is, if possible, more explicit in describing this sin.
Mark 3
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
We can do no better than take the LORD at His word, and believe him. As we do, we draw closer continually to the Strait Gate. The Narrow way, described by our LORD, is not a way for the timid, nor for those who would pay lip service to the religion of the world.

One more point there is another unforgivable sin we have not addressed, that being the mark of the beast.
It sounds like that is what is really meant, and we can see the utter hopelessness of the people who would do this. However, unless you could show me this mark, and show how it is to be taken, I would venture that it is not even available or accessible to us. If ever it did become available, acceptance of it would be an irreconcilable error to take it to oneself.

The subject here, though, is something that is possible in the most general terms, as it is a sinful act produced by the mouth, and "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh." Here is the danger. The heart is destitute, and the mouth proclaims it so. The heart despises the LORDSHIP of Christ, has so stated, but will not be pleased till all the Godhead is demeaned and maligned. What experience anyone might have with devils, it is THAT horrendous image that is projected on the very best that this world has ever seen or known.

The truth is that God the Father has been maligned for millennia by people of the world. As our LORD was prophesied, and as He was brought into this world, to save us, all the forces of darkness were assembled against Him. All forms of hatred have been directed at the Son of God, and He endured all of it for the eternal good of His creation.

There is no cause whatsoever for anyone to direct this vitriol toward the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Ghost never seeks that praise or credit be offered anywhere, but to the LORD Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ always gave the Glory of his victory over Death, Hell and the grave to His Father in Heaven. Thus, there is no excuse for anyone to so mistreat the precious Holy Spirit of God. There is no area where He should be slighted or demeaned. There is nothing of Himself to which attention should be drawn. Thus, it is inexcusable and unforgivable to malign God's Holy Spirit in any manner the human tongue could manage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One passage you quoted for that point is, if possible, more explicit in describing this sin.
Mark 3
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
We can do no better than take the LORD at His word, and believe him. As we do, we draw closer continually to the Strait Gate. The Narrow way, described by our LORD, is not a way for the timid, nor for those who would pay lip service to the religion of the world.

It sounds like that is what is really meant, and we can see the utter hopelessness of the people who would do this. However, unless you could show me this mark, and show how it is to be taken, I would venture that it is not even available or accessible to us. If ever it did become available, acceptance of it would be an irreconcilable error to take it to oneself.

The subject here, though, is something that is possible in the most general terms, as it is a sinful act produced by the mouth, and "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh." Here is the danger. The heart is destitute, and the mouth proclaims it so. The heart despises the LORDSHIP of Christ, has so stated, but will not be pleased till all the Godhead is demeaned and maligned. What experience anyone might have with devils, it is THAT horrendous image that is projected on the very best that this world has ever seen or known.

The truth is that God the Father has been maligned for millennia by people of the world. As our LORD was prophesied, and as He was brought into this world, to save us, all the forces of darkness were assembled against Him. All forms of hatred have been directed at the Son of God, and He endured all of it for the eternal good of His creation.

There is no cause whatsoever for anyone to direct this vitriol toward the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Ghost never seeks that praise or credit be offered anywhere, but to the LORD Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ always gave the Glory of his victory over Death, Hell and the grave to His Father in Heaven. Thus, there is no excuse for anyone to so mistreat the precious Holy Spirit of God. There is no area where He should be slighted or demeaned. There is nothing of Himself to which attention should be drawn. Thus, it is inexcusable and unforgivable to malign God's Holy Spirit in any manner the human tongue could manage.

I agree. I am not sure if we will be taken out of the world be fore the mark gets here or not. It is his name or the number of his name which is a great offense to God. The Greek word which describes it literally means mark. God also Seals His people.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I am not sure if we will be taken out of the world be fore the mark gets here or not. It is his name or the number of his name which is a great offense to God. The Greek word which describes it literally means mark. God also Seals His people.
As you state here, it is what the scriptures say it is, but none of us can go to it, and show it for being what it is, nor could we take it till it is there and offered.

There are a number of things people have shown that are or could be a precursor. There are a number of aspects of this that have shown up in things we might see or some people have seen. However, since you would not be able to give me a location of it, and instruct me in the mechanism for acquiring it, we must say that it is something yet to be seen in the future.

The point still remains, that from the description in scripture, we have the mechanism for generating this particular act which Jesus said would not be forgiven. We know it is committed using the person's own voice, mouth and tongue. In the first description we have in the scriptures, it was done purposely, and was done more than once before sentence was passed upon it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As you state here, it is what the scriptures say it is, but none of us can go to it, and show it for being what it is, nor could we take it till it is there and offered.

There are a number of things people have shown that are or could be a precursor. There are a number of aspects of this that have shown up in things we might see or some people have seen. However, since you would not be able to give me a location of it, and instruct me in the mechanism for acquiring it, we must say that it is something to seen in the future.

The point still remains, that from the description in scripture, we have the mechanism for generating this particular act. We know it is committed using the person's own voice, mouth and tongue. In the first instance that was described in the scriptures wqe have quoted, it had been done purposely and more than once before sentence was passed upon it.

well i can give you a location God said it would be the right hand or forehead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
well i can give you a location God said it would be the right hand or forehead.
You may misunderstand. Look at your hand, or go to a mirror, and look at your forehead. It is not there! It has not come on the scene as yet. You cannot receive it, as it is not yet offered to you.

I mean where is the place we could now go to receive this thing. What does it look like? What is its material construction? We know there is a spiritual aspect. The best info I have seen indicates there is a genetic alteration that would be associated with that. (Let me know if you are interested in studying that.)

The conclusion is that it is a thing that is not yet available, and it has not been available for any of these last 1900 years since we had the prophesy that described it. However, the sin described by Jesus is something we know, we know the mechanism for doing that, and it has been reported over the years to have been committed knowingly by people here on Earth, who walk and breathe in this life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟130,041.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When Jesus was on earth in the flesh, and in His Glorified Body, He didn't have the Holy Spirit with Him, nor was He advised, or aided by the Holy Spirit.

The is a verse or two where Jesus told His disciples that the comforter would not come until He ascended to the Father, and then the Father would sent Him to them.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You may misunderstand. Look at your hand, or go to a mirror, and look at your forehead. It is not there! It has not come on the scene as yet. You cannot receive it, as it is not yet offered to you.

I mean where is the place we could now go to receive this thing. What does it look like? What is its material construction? We know there is a spiritual aspect. The best info I have seen indicates there is a genetic alteration that would be associated with that. (Let me know if you are interested in studying that.)

The conclusion is that it is a thing that is not yet available, and it has not been available for any of these last 1900 years since we had the prophesy that described it. However, the sin described by Jesus is something we know, we know the mechanism for doing that, and it has been reported over the years to have been committed knowingly by people here on Earth, who walk and breathe in this life.

Yeah I figure that is what you were saying and you are right, its not here yet, but it is coming. very good discussion thank you.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One more point there is another unforgivable sin we have not addressed, that being the mark of the beast.

That's about as literal as when Jesus said to pluck out an eye or cut off a hand. It simply means those who have given themselves to Satan.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's about as literal as when Jesus said to pluck out an eye or cut off a hand. It simply means those who have given themselves to Satan.

No it doesn't. The Greek word literally means mark. it is the mark of the beast as called. Also the beast is not satan but satans son.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus was on earth in the flesh, and in His Glorified Body, He didn't have the Holy Spirit with Him, nor was He advised, or aided by the Holy Spirit.

The is a verse or two where Jesus told His disciples that the comforter would not come until He ascended to the Father, and then the Father would sent Him to them.
We see otherwise in the Gospels. The LORD Jesus Christ had the Holy Spirit of God from the time John had Baptized Him.

Matthew 3
13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 4
1 ¶ Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Mark 1
9 ¶ And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

Luke 3
21 ¶ Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 4
1 ¶ And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
May God bless the truth of His word to our humble hearts.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The statement is clear as to what our Lord was telling his accusers.

But.. this is one sin that shall not be forgiven,are there any more?

Romans: 1. 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30. Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

In this passage it is not one particular sin that causes God to walk away.

It is the knowing full well God is,and acting in defiance with purpose.

Satan has a reprobate mind and he will be cast into a lake of fire, and so does those who seek to corrupt Christ and deny his divinity.

John: 8. 34. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. 48. Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49. Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. 50. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth. 51. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Romans: 1. 20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25. Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29. Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30. Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31. Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Satan has a reprobate mind and he will be cast into a lake of fire, and so does those who seek to corrupt Christ and deny his divinity.

John: 8. 34. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 37. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47. He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. 48. Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil? 49. Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me. 50. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth. 51. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

You make a good point about knowing God is God and walking away Hebrews 6 I believes says those who taste the fruit of Heaven but still turn away can never be brought back. It would seem this to is unforgivable knowing God is God and rejecting Him.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Romans: 1. 20-32...

--- etc.---

Satan has a reprobate mind and he will be cast into a lake of fire, and so does those who seek to corrupt Christ and deny his divinity...

John: 8. 34-51...
There seems to be a mixing of terms. Also, there may be some minor confusion about something in particular. The LORD Jesus Christ made it plain that there are all manner of sins and blasphemies that can be forgiven. It does not say these can ALWAYS be for given, nor that they necessarily will be forgiven, nor that forgiveness would be given absent repentance.

There may be a point at which the unregenerate sinner has sinned away the time he had to seek God or to be reconciled with God. Further, there are things mentioned that could bring a sinner to a point that has no way back to living a right life, and repenting from the direction of the life of the sinner. Some preachers of the past centuries would say this was "sinning away the day of grace."

Being reprobate qualifies as such a condition. There are many ways to achieve this status before the LORD, and neither forgiveness nor a return from this condition is considered to be possible.

T H E
BARREN FIG-TREE;

OR,
THE DOOM AND DOWNFALL OF THE FRUITLESS PROFESSOR:
SHOWING, THAT THE DAY OF GRACE MAY BE PAST WITH HIM
LONG BEFORE HIS LIFE IS ENDED;
THE SIGNS ALSO BY WHICH
SUCH MISERABLE MORTALS MAY BE KNOWN.

By J O H N . B U N Y A N.
London, 1688

http://www.achristianspirit.com/BarrenFig.html

When a soul is made aware of the truth of the scriptures, it is upon him to run from his sin, and run to God in repentance.

THE HEAVENLY FOOTMAN;
OR,
A DESCRIPTION OF THE MAN THAT GETS TO HEAVEN:
TOGETHER WITH THE WAY HE RUNS IN, THE MARKS HE GOES BY;
ALSO,
SOME DIRECTIONS HOW TO RUN SO AS TO OBTAIN.
By J O H N . B U N Y A N.

http://www.achristianspirit.com/Footman.html

Another wrong thing being done by society is to obscure these principles from our children, when we remove the fact that a game or race will have a winner. Anyone who is not THE WINNER will be a loser to some degree. Often, there has been honor bestowed upon the next few to finish a race, or those who finish close behind the winner in the competition. However, this newer idea is to keep our children from realizing the consequences of failure in any degree for any pursuit. Full reality of true principles will prevail eventually.

All this is to say that the person concerned with being right in God's eyes will not be slothful, lazy nor careless about seeking the LORD. He will realize there is a Strait Gate to be found and entered. He will realize that few find it, and they that do may try to enter, but not be able.
Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
At some point, God will be done with every sinner. Either the sinner will yield, and repent, or the sinner will be cut off. Once cut off, there is no reconciling them to God. It is a legal matter to be handled at the Great White Throne Judgment. There are a multitude of ways that can happen.

I am trying to show the distinction of these MANY ways people sin away their opportunity to be reconciled with God from a particular act that immediately seals their doom regardless of what else happens. When all unrepentant and unregenerate sinners are judged at the same judgment, it is easy enough to confuse all the things that happen to secure their individual fates.

When scripture says that all manner of sins and blasphemies may be forgiven, that does not say all people who sin and blaspheme will be forgiven, nor that they can be forgiven at any time. The term "all manner" means the categories of sin and blasphemy are open to forgiveness outside of this particular category, as stated in Matt.12.

If you are not able to do a particular thing that is not to be forgiven, it is not in the same category. That is why the treatment of the sin of taking the mark of the Beast. The same thing is true of these people, but that is not something we are even able to do at this point. All the 1900 years since this was described have transpired without this choice being offered to the whole population of the world as a way to escape the wrath of the Beast! To describe all the things that will be done in that time is to open a huge area of discussion that is only part of how we distinguish these categories of sin or sinners.

I trust the LORD can show each of us His truth as we submit to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟130,041.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We see otherwise in the Gospels. The LORD Jesus Christ had the Holy Spirit of God from the time John had Baptized Him.

Matthew 3
13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 4
1 ¶ Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Mark 1
9 ¶ And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

Luke 3
21 ¶ Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Luke 4
1 ¶ And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
May God bless the truth of His word to our humble hearts.

And after all these scriptures there is no mention of the Holy Spirit being with Jesus. Nor aiding, or advising Him. When He returned from the wilderness He was under His own power and authority as the Son of God. He didn't need the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.