Need some opinions on the "Unpardonable Sin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello my fellow Believers,

My odd and random brain got me thinking a few days ago, about the Unpardonable Sin.and I've been wrestling the thought to the point that I'm becoming annoyed and agitated. So any insight is much appreciated.

It is my understanding (correct me if wrong) that, the Unpardonable Sin is saying God's Spirit (The Holy Spirit) is evil and of satan.

Well I got onto this thread talking about the Gifts of The Holy Spirit and the people using them. And I remembered back when I was around 7-8 I used to see youtube videos of people claiming to have these gifts. When I would see them I remember thinking to myself "That guys a fake" I'm not sure I said he was evil, but I might have. Like, maybe I said along the lines of,"He's a fake, and they're actors. And if anything he might be using evil powers".

See my dilemma? If I knew any of them were real Believers I wouldn't even consider the possibility of them using evil powers. But I'm wondering if in questioning them, I Blasphemed The Holy Spirit.

Because, if any of them were truly saved, and I said they may or may not be using evil powers (even though I doubted they where real Believers) am I not saying the same thing the pharrisies said about Jesus? Or am I missing something? Maybe this is a different situation? I'm not sure...

I honestly don't think I have Blasphemed though... I Love God. Repent of my sins, and have been seeing improvements in my life that I don't think one who has committed the Unpardonable Sin would see.

But it has been bugging me so i decided to write about it and get my Brothers' opinions, so any opinions are welcome.

God Bless!
-The Current Lowest Servant

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scripture says it like this:

The Lord’s Grace to Paul

"12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 1:12-14

As you see ignorance does not count.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The scripture says it like this:

The Lord’s Grace to Paul

"12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 1:12-14

As you see ignorance does not count.

To a degree, yes, I suppose your right...

I also don't think I was really saved back then anyway on top of it all, but that's a whole different story for a whole different day...;)

Thanks for your reply Brother.

Any other opinions are welcome.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, the videos you watched very well could fake and they very well could be tampering with demonic forces depending on the degree they go. They could be sincerely believing they are sincerely seeking the spiritual gifts but your claiming their actions are demonic has no bearing on blaspheming the Holy Spirit. If someone tells you this, they're trying to scare you from challenging their belief.

There is one way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit and its by never receiving the faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Why did the Pharisees reject Jesus' miracles and call them of Beelzebub? Because they rejected Christ as the redeemer.

Reactions: mikenold
Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, the videos you watched very well could fake and they very well could be tampering with demonic forces depending on the degree they go. They could be sincerely believing they are sincerely seeking the spiritual gifts but your claiming their actions are demonic has no bearing on blaspheming the Holy Spirit. If someone tells you this, they're trying to scare you from challenging their belief.

There is one way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit and its by never receiving the faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Why did the Pharisees reject Jesus' miracles and call them of Beelzebub? Because they rejected Christ as the redeemer.

Thank you dear Brother, I agree with you.

I don't know how or in what way.. I'm not sure I can even explain it on an intellectual level. But I am convinced that I have not Blasphemed The Holy Spirit, if only because of the relationship I currently hold with Christ.

God Be With You Friend!

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... It is my understanding (correct me if wrong) that, the Unpardonable Sin is saying God's Spirit (The Holy Spirit) is evil and of satan.
The answer is in the scriptures, and the Judge is the very person telling you what this is, and what it means. The people who prompted this were not mistaken, nor were they accidentally saying what they should not. THEY KNEW what the truth was and said it in a way to boost themselves.

Matthews 12
22 ¶ Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

This was the SECOND TIME these people KNOWINGLY did this same thing. It was intentional. There was no coming back from that, and from this time Jesus only spoke to these people in Parables.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The answer is in the scriptures, and the Judge is the very person telling you what this is, and what it means. The people who prompted this were not mistaken, nor were they accidentally saying what they should not. THEY KNEW what the truth was and said it in a way to boost themselves.

Matthews 12
22 ¶ Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

This was the SECOND TIME these people KNOWINGLY did this same thing. It was intentional. There was no coming back from that, and from this time Jesus only spoke to these people in Parables.

Thank you Brother, you bring a great comfort to me:)

God Be With You My Brothers!

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I'm wondering if in questioning them, I Blasphemed The Holy Spirit.

Nope, you didn't - and the fact that you're CONCERNED about it is proof positive that the Holy Spirit is still influencing you.

Reactions: BrotherKev
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello my fellow Believers,

My odd and random brain got me thinking a few days ago, about the Unpardonable Sin.and I've been wrestling the thought to the point that I'm becoming annoyed and agitated. So any insight is much appreciated.

It is my understanding (correct me if wrong) that, the Unpardonable Sin is saying God's Spirit (The Holy Spirit) is evil and of satan.

Well I got onto this thread talking about the Gifts of The Holy Spirit and the people using them. And I remembered back when I was around 7-8 I used to see youtube videos of people claiming to have these gifts. When I would see them I remember thinking to myself "That guys a fake" I'm not sure I said he was evil, but I might have. Like, maybe I said along the lines of,"He's a fake, and they're actors. And if anything he might be using evil powers".

See my dilemma? If I knew any of them were real Believers I wouldn't even consider the possibility of them using evil powers. But I'm wondering if in questioning them, I Blasphemed The Holy Spirit.

Because, if any of them were truly saved, and I said they may or may not be using evil powers (even though I doubted they where real Believers) am I not saying the same thing the pharrisies said about Jesus? Or am I missing something? Maybe this is a different situation? I'm not sure...

I honestly don't think I have Blasphemed though... I Love God. Repent of my sins, and have been seeing improvements in my life that I don't think one who has committed the Unpardonable Sin would see.

But it has been bugging me so i decided to write about it and get my Brothers' opinions, so any opinions are welcome.

God Bless!

Demonic spirits are real , they tell you to accuse the brethren then turn and tell you "you can't be forgiven of what they told you to begin with .. The Devil is a liar , don't believe a word he says ..

Reactions: BrotherKev
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Demonic spirits are real , they tell you to accuse the brethren then turn and tell you "you can't be forgiven of what they told you to begin with .. The Devil is a liar , don't believe a word he says ..
Excellent advice.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You do know people died for such an offense right? Your not dead are you? If you did commit the offense you would either be dead or extremely lost. You could not love God but you do so your ok if that is true. God will not lose one of his children, be of good cheer.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Unbelief is the only unpardonable sin.
All manner of sin includes unbelief. We all were in unbelief at some time. The sin about which the OP request help was handled in Matthew 22.
Matthews 12
None of us has a thing to offer the LORD, but knowingly defying the Holy Spirit of God in the manner described by our LORD in Matthew 12:22-32 would put us in a place from which we cannot be recovered.

Man has spoken against God the Father since the fall of Adam the First. Man has tried to kill or minimize our LORD Jesus Christ since before He was born. There isa nothing said or done in reference to God's Holy Spirit that is identified by the wicked and worldly people to cause such an affront to Him to be formed. The Holy Spirit of God give all the glory for what is done to Jesus, and Jesus give the glory to God the Father in Heaven. For someone to say such things as are recorded in Matt.22 about the precious Holy Spirit of God, is unimaginable, and unforgivable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All manner of sin includes unbelief. We all were in unbelief at some time. The sin about which the OP request help was handled in Matthew 22.
Matthews 12
None of us has a thing to offer the LORD, but knowingly defying the Holy Spirit of God in the manner described by our LORD in Matthew 22 would put us in a place from which we cannot be recovered.

Man has spoken against God the Father since the fall of Adam the First. Man has tried to kill or minimize our LORD Jesus Christ since before He was born. There isa nothing said or done in reference to God's Holy Spirit that is identified by the wicked and worldly people to cause such an affront to Him to be formed. The Holy Spirit of God give all the glory for what is done to Jesus, and Jesus give the glory to God the Father in Heaven. For someone to say such things as are recorded in Matt.22 about the precious Holy Spirit of God, is unimaginable, and unforgivable.

That's the verse I was referring to. Unbelief is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and is the only sin that will not be forgiven.

Reactions: mikenold
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's the verse I was referring to. Unbelief is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and is the only sin that will not be forgiven.
Neither the word "unbelief," nor any form of it, is in the passage of scripture where Jesus Christ dealt with that sin. The example occurrence was that Jesus cast out a demon in the power of God's Holy Spirit, and someone said it was not the power of God that cast out the devil, but the power of Satan's lieutenant. This is NOT the same thing as simply not believing. It is NOT unbelief that constitutes blasphemy, but the very words that are spoken.

One can be (is,) for at least some part of his life, living in a state of UNBELIEF. That person may have never spoken a word against God. Also, the person may be in unbelief, having spoken against God the Father, and His only begotten Son, or either one, and NOT have spoken against God's Holy Spirit. This person is in unbelief, and may live a long life this way, and may even die that way, having never spoken against God's Holy Spirit.

The person here described may, if God so works in his heart, find forgiveness for all the things he had done in his time of rebellion and unbelief. He may NOT do as God commands, and may NOT find forgiveness, still having never blasphemed the Holy Spirit of God.

The point here is that a person who does this sin (...speaketh against the Holy Ghost,) is IMMEDIATELY in the position of having done what cannot be pardoned. The person may have a long life or a short one. It does not matter what else he does or does not do. If the person did this particular thing, there is no provision for him to find forgiveness.

When we look at the end of the life of any person who is not redeemed by God, we can say it is because they died in unbelief. We could also, say it was because they never were forgiven for stealing a piece of candy from their little sister at the age of 7, because that is another sin that hangs over their head. All sin CAN BE FORGIVEN, except one. It is not their unbelief, but the very words of their mouth against the Holy Ghost that would make this person unpardonable.

It is important to take God at His word, and not add 2 + 2, and get 14... (or 14,000,000 for that matter.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is refusing to surrender to Jesus when the Spirit calls you. It is calling the Spirit a liar and is the only unforgivable sin.
Please provide a scripture passage that mentions "unbelief," "surrender" or "refusing" in conjunction with the condition of being an "unforgivable" sin.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is with the tongue we commit the worst sins. Not believing in your heart is bad, but not as bad as not believing and, also, telling other souls not to believe. Saying something against me is bad, (but forgivable,) saying something against Jesus is worse, (but forgivable,) whereas saying the same bad thing against God's Holy Spirit "shall not be forgiven ... neither in this world, neither in the world to come."
James 3
1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Much confusion arises, and the OP has shown how this confusion made him think something other than the scriptures said about the matter. About 350 years ago, John Bunyan did what your posts suggest is unforgivable. It took years of seeking the truth to show the man he had not committed the UNFORGIVABLE SIN. He went on to spend 12 years in jail for preaching without a license, and to write 60 excellent books, including one considered to be the second best book in the English language (The Pilgrim's Progress - second only to the Bible.)

Here a man who is one of the most notable Christians, who did what is too often mistaken for the Unforgivable Sin. He found forgiveness, and helped many Christians since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.