Discussion NAR when did it go wrong, what faults can you list?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It's funny how people quote that scripture, as it usually refers to Saul who is a clear type of Satan that the people wanted to rule over them instead of Father God.
How is Saul a clear type of Satan?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
God annointed Saul to be King. That is where that came from and was specific to those God made OT Kings over Israel.
No, the OT is also made to be applied today. God takes it seriously if someone is treated unjustly, but personally if the person has taken to heart the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This is true. Fortune cookies do just as well.

You also have to understand, though, the demonic forces behind the word of faithish underpinnings of this movement can unleash hell on people when prophetic curses are spoken over people and they buy it. I've heard some doozy testimonies of people going through hell through a "prophetic word" which was nothing but a portent of doom to "warn" the people. These people allow demons into their life by submitting to such wicked nonsense.
Have you an example?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, the OT is also made to be applied today. God takes it seriously if someone is treated unjustly, but personally if the person has taken to heart the Holy Spirit.
That is what 'touch not God's annointed' means?

Do you have scripture to support the above statement? I've never read that God considers a sin worse if the person is saved that someone sins against.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prophecy would be subjective and relevant and understood by the congregation at hand and the culture there.

Oh, but the names I've named claim to be apostles functioning in the "prophetic office" which is supposed to be able to speak and prophesy for God to the whole world. Of course, most of these doctrines about the prophetic and apostolic are bunk, but just for the sake of clarity. These people think they're legit gifts to the whole world!

So... Where are the prophecies these have spoken to the world on God's behalf?

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How is Saul a clear type of Satan?

You need to read your Bible. But first, you need to humble yourself so that it is an authority in your life. Then, God will show you and teach you. It's there, but I'm not going to explain it. I'd rather you humbled yourself before the Lord and found out for yourself. That would be more effective than me arguing with you.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you an example?

Sorry, I asked you for an example first. James Goll, John Paul Jackson, Kris Valloton, Heidi Baker, Cindy Jacobs, Rick Joyner, Lou Engle, Bob Jones, I could go on.

All of these people believe they are apostolic/prophetic "gifts" to THE WHOLE WORLD from God! Where are their prophecies? Show me some that have had any meaning whatsoever. Show me any that foretold anything. You can't because they are false prophets.

The most Biblical thing about these people is they look and act just like what the Bible says about false prophets:

Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:2
"Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: 'Hear the word of the LORD!

Jeremiah 2:8
8 The priests did not say, 'Where is the LORD?' Those who handle the law did not know me; the shepherds transgressed against me; the prophets prophesied by Baal and went after things that do not profit.

Deuteronemy 18:20-22
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
King Saul was chosen by popular demand, he was tall and strong and a Hebrew. His mistakes were not like that of Satan, with the "I will" statements.
My Pastor prophesied during drought and talk of global warming, and our dam going down to 30% that it would be full, and he was right, it is now near overflowing.
The prophets did not address the world but the Hebrews and those called.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
King Saul was chosen by popular demand, he was tall and strong and a Hebrew. His mistakes were not like that of Satan, with the "I will" statements.
My Pastor prophesied during drought and talk of global warming, and our dam going down to 30% that it would be full, and he was right, it is now near overflowing.
The prophets did not address the world but the Hebrews and those called.

So you pastor "prophesied" that a dam that has likely never run dry in its history wouldn't run dry? That's not a prophecy, that's a safe bet.

But, I see you cannot bring forth anything the biggest so-called prophets of the NAR movement, which this thread is about, at all. You should simply admit this and recognize these people for who they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I meant Jonah, oops. Wow. Where is my brain? Yeah, Noah makes no sense.
I thought you would catch it sooner or later. :p

Now how is it that technically Jonah was a false prophet because what he prophesied was true but he just resented the fact that God called him to go rectify the situation by going to Nineveh?

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought you would catch it sooner or later. :p

Now how is it that technically Jonah was a false prophet because what he prophesied was true but he just resented the fact that God called him to go rectify the situation by going to Nineveh?
Jonah prophesied the overthrow of Nineveh in 40 days. It didn't happen. That makes him a false prophet, by strict application. Jonah never spoke anything about repentance.

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Jonah prophesied the overthrow of Nineveh in 40 days. It didn't happen. That makes him a false prophet, by strict application. Jonah never spoke anything about repentance.
God said to Jonah; “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
How exactly is that a false prophecy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0