National Republican Congressional Committee Chair, Rep. Richard Hudson, R-NC Touts GOP Diversity Efforts in Attracting Candidates as 'Winning Formula'

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The National Republican Congressional Committee Chair, Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., named a swath of candidates he told reporters fit the "formula" needed for the GOP to add to its fleet in November, the Associated Press reported. Those candidates included Prasanth Reddy, a cancer doctor and veteran who migrated to the United States from India who's running for a seat in northeast Kansas; Alison Esposito, a gay police detective and congressional candidate in New York; and Kevin Lincoln, a Black American and Hispanic California mayor running in the state.

“We beat 15 Democrats [in 2022] and every one of those we beat with a woman, a minority candidate or a veteran,” Hudson said. “That’s really been the playbook for the last two cycles. And so we’re using that same formula.”

“The motivation is we want our Congress to reflect America. And we believe that if we have dynamic candidates with compelling life stories, then they can win any district because they are not generic Republicans,” Hudson told the outlet.

OTOH

Mazi Pilip was the Republican congressional candidate running for the Nassau County seat and a near-perfect model of the NRCC strategy.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., ripped Pilip after her loss, saying during an appearance on Newsmax, "it turns out DEI isn’t a real good strategy for Republican candidate recruitment."

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I tend to agree with Gaetz.

But it's hard to say...

There's a lot of racist and sexist people out there who only show up if you are superficially like they are. It's been central to the Democratic Party strategy and it hasn't worked all that well for them either.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Looks like the evil of DEI is beginning to infest the GOP. We're all doomed now, because if the GOP falls victim to it no one can save us.
I don't get it; isn't DEI of threat only to people who don't value diversity, equity, and inclusion?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I find there is something even more disturbing about a black who doesn't understand black issues. Or a woman who doesn't identify with women's issues. If a white man fails to understand there's a reason, but a minority candidate who deliberately repudiates the needs of his own people is creepy to me.

Upvote 0