(MOVED) Where was God/Jesus when I needed them?

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this poem some years ago. When I was a child of eleven, and a believer in Christianity, I needed God to give me some evidence of his presence as I was in dire need of comfort and support. I had an issue which troubled me and gave me unpleasant nightmares. I never ever had any sense of the presence of the deity or Jesus. If they couldn't support a child either they didn't care, or more likely they didn't exist. The doubts grew until I lost my faith by the end of my teenage years.

•Where Are You God?

•Where are you God when we need you?
•Where are you God when we pray?
•Where are you God in our darkness?
•Where are you God in our day?
•Where are you God in grief’s anguish?
•Where are you God in our despair?
•Where are you God in our torment?
•Where are you God, are you there?
•Where are you God when we’re hurting?
•Where are you God in our pain?
•Where are you God in our crying?
•Where are you God, please explain?
•RJG
The answer to all those questions, is: "It is finished."

We act as if we want instant gratification, and yet we don't have the faith to take God at His word. ... Your big need years ago...He answered it. But it was not Him who needed your whole life to put it all together. For Him? It is finished...He did it all, your answer is finished.

He created the universe, prepared your time in history, brought about your birth, prompted you to ask...and, what? It all means nothing to you?

Think again.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Does this site have no moderators? Why is this garbage post in a Christian forum??

OP unfortunately you will never be abke to know the Lord without FAITH. Everyone who comes to God MUST believe that HE EXISTS and is a rewarder of those who seek him.

Why are u on a christian forum? Lol

Possibly because she is hurting and looking for answers---maybe even looking for someone to change her mind about everything???

Reactions: Sharon0110
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is no verifiable evidence that anything attributed to Jesus was true. Surely if he had resurrected he would have stuck around on earth instead of conveniently disappearing up to heaven, and making the Christina religion a matter of faith rather than substantiated fact?

You sound angry at God for everything. Been there, done that. I can't change your mind--that takes time and healing. I once told God to get out of my life and leave me alone, that I was quite willing to go to hell, thank you very much. It took years for me to realize God had not done anything wrong and evil to me--my father had and of his own free will. We are not in heaven now, we are on this earth with a bunch of people who are in deep rejection of Him and the innocent pay the price----for now. I wrote a remarkably similar poem several years ago---However, I wrote mine after I came back to God. I asked the same questions. I answered them with something that went like this (the notebook I had written it in was stolen, or lost-- I will just paraphrase instead of poetry--sorry)basically I wrote it as though God Himself were answering me

I was there right beside you--the tears you shed I cried also, the pain you felt I tried to heal, but you would not let me. I've never left your side and longed for the day you would return to Me and let Me help you---thank you for returning. I have always loved you and will never leave you and will continue to help heal your broken soul as you let me.

I learned to forgive--which is not the same as dismissing the wrong. Just letting go of the power of the memory to hurt you. My father took away my childhood, I refused to allow him the power to take away the rest of my with anger and bitterness. It did not happen overnight. I had to keep asking God to help me forgive--I said the words, many times to God, and once to him. He said "for what?!!" "You should be asking for my forgiveness!!" Strangely, it did not hurt me, inwardly I laughed, and actually felt relief. I said OK, for whatever I have done to you, will you forgive me? He sputtered and stuttered and said, "well that's more like it" but didn't answer me so again I asked him to forgive me--he finally said yes!! And that was that. It's too long a story, but over the next few years I did speak to him a few times, never bringing anything up--it became easier. I asked God that I never see him again or he me, but God had other plans and I did end up going to see him when he got sick--it was quite an ordeal and I went ticked off at God for not listening to my request, but I went anyway. It was the best thing that could have happened to me and I thank God for leading me to that confrontation. It removed the last of any anger and I felt as though God had wrapped His arms around me. He never did ask for my forgiveness, I do not know if he asked God for His, but I am prepared to see him in heaven if he did as I know God would forgive him, as God has forgiven me for all my sins.
I an only pray that you find the same peace and allow God to heal you.

Upvote 0

Sharon0110

Nov 15, 2015
✟8,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I might be wrong, but I think it means something that you posted this poem about God even after you lost your faith. If losing your faith in God didn't matter to you anymore, or you didn't care about the message you had written anymore, I assume you would have discarded the poem and not shared it on a Christian Forum. This is what I think about your thoughts on Where God/Jesus were.

Lamentations 3:25-26

God answers in His own perfect time. Our desired timing for the actions of God are sometimes not the perfect time for God's actions at all. That's the thing...we need to accept and know that in due time, God will reveal His greatness. And by no means is that something easy to do when we've been hurt and have begun to doubt.

One waits and asks and pleads and it feels like nobody is listening...that's not something one can recover from easily. So we close our hearts and open our thinking minds. We use intellect that we think will never fail us, but intellect does fail: we won't find all the answers that way because God's nature is not in intellect alone, it's also in the part we have closed off: our heart and spirit John 4:24

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Not all things in life are rosy, there will be thorns. But thorns have a reason for existence. Weakness exists to strengthen us in Christ and in God, to rely completely on the Lord 2 Corinthians 12:9.

That reliance is scary and difficult to approach if you've done it before and God did not answer in your time.

Where was God/Jesus when you needed Him? Right there with you, but it wasn't time for Him to act yet. And when was the right time, if not then? When is the right time for anything ever? Nobody can give that answer except the ones who suffer but still choose to continue placing their faith in God.

When God shows the perfect time and His perfect action to those who have suffered and waited (for some, it takes days...for others it takes decades), it'll make sense.

But that time can not come if you turn away from Him, and the resolution will not be shown if you close your heart.

EDIT: The post above mine is a perfect example of what I was trying to communicate in the last paragraph. I honestly thank God that I took so much time composing this message that the person above me posted lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am 65. I have never smoked, or being near and illegal drug in my life. Naturally I drink alcohol in strict moderation. Jesus seemed very fond of his booze and not in moderation either. I dislike inappropriate content and would never indulge in it, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with sex in an adult consenting relationship.

I don't believe any god exists so don't communicate with one, although I do read the Bible to see if I have missed anything, which I don't believe I have.
It's possible you missed the book of Job, the prophets, the Gospels and letters of Saint Paul? This is a rhetorical question, so no need to answer. It's really none of my business anyway, except that I love all persons, and hope that none let the implications of the incarnation pass us by.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no verifiable evidence that anything attributed to Jesus was true. Surely if he had resurrected he would have stuck around on earth instead of conveniently disappearing up to heaven, and making the Christina religion a matter of faith rather than substantiated fact?

He DID stick around on Earth after His Resurrection, for 40 days.

As for why He left... John 16:7:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

He had to leave so that He could send His Holy Spirit down unto us, to indwell us, guide us, and lead us in all truth.

There was a day that I prayed, about 3-4 months ago, I asked Him "Lord, when was I saved?"

Within a couple days, I had this strange dream (it didn't happen the night I asked Him). In this dream, I was going about ordinary life, there were a few bits of school in there, and some work, and some entertainment... but throughout the entire dream, He was there, standing right next to me, giving me advice, whispering things into my ear, pointing at things to guide me as to what I should do at crucial moments. I took the interpretation of the dream as Him saying "I've always been there."

I've had numerous, numerous other dreams that are far different than "mundane" dreams. I can tell a dream that comes from Him, it is so clear, and profound, and I can remember small details upon waking up.

Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have had an image in my mind for as long as I can remember, which can only have been a freaky dream. I was an angel up in heaven, when god, who was just a white light, told me it was my turn to do my bit on earth. I protested that I had no wish to leave my comfortable billet. I ended up down here anyway, LOL! I don't give that dream anymore more credence than I would to any other, even though it seemed so real. The brain is a remarkable organ which can convince people what they are experiencing is reality.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does this site have no moderators? Why is this garbage post in a Christian forum??

Garbage post?
If someone who is hurting, angry with God and has lost their faith can't post in a Christian Forum, where can they post?

It's great that they felt that they could write what they have done.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had an image in my mind for as long as I can remember, which can only have been a freaky dream. I was an angel up in heaven, when god, who was just a white light, told me it was my turn to do my bit on earth. I protested that I had no wish to leave my comfortable billet. I ended up down here anyway, LOL! I don't give that dream anymore more credence than I would to any other, even though it seemed so real. The brain is a remarkable organ which can convince people what they are experiencing is reality.

Even if it was "only a dream", what did it say to you and why do you think you've remembered it?

The Old Testament records that God spoke to people through dreams, and I believe he may still do today.

Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Even if it was "only a dream", what did it say to you and why do you think you've remembered it?

The Old Testament records that God spoke to people through dreams, and I believe he may still do today.

It told me I have a very good imagination!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That actually lines up quite well with many Christians' beliefs and I think there might be Scripture somewhere that relates to this, though I do not recall where.

The idea is that every person who has ever lived began as a tiny little speck, a free-floating wisp type thing that floated near God and His Throne, each one is given one or more gifts (talents). Some of them beg Him to come to Earth to live a life, some of them might not want to go. In the end, it is He who decides who goes when, and it is His wish that every single soul returns to Heaven to sing His praises and to live a life of peace and bliss, but sadly the vast majority of souls end up tainted and covered with evil because of things that happened to them, and things they've done down here and are no longer recognizable.

As far as dreams, and your brain goes, well... for 35 years of my life (it might not be the 65 you've lived, but still), all of my dreams follow the same "format" -- sound is "there", but fake (instead of hearing the actual sound, it registers there was a sound there, like instead of hearing a gunshot, there's the idea that a gunshot existed). There's never sensation of touch (except for the 'have to go to the bathroom' dreams I had when I was a kid), and colors tend to be the same way sounds were.

Until about a year and a half ago, when I was having a mundane dream. Suddenly, this dream was interrupted by me feeling like I'm on an elevator, whooshing up into the sky while laying on my back. It stopped and I was floating in the sky amongst the clouds, and I heard a deep, powerful, older guy's voice, but yet it was also rather quiet speaking to me, a simple sentence... and a tingling sensation erupted all over my body. Then, just as he was saying the last word, I woke up... the word still ringing in my ears, the tingling sensation still over most of my upper body, and I was laying on my back (I never sleep on my back). The very moment I woke up, I knew exactly Who was speaking to me, because it was the first thought on my mind. During this time when I had the dream, I was living a 99% secular lifestyle (I had a very basic belief in Christ, but I wasn't living any sort of Christian lifestyle), up to my neck in sinful hobbies which included violent videogames and occasional inappropriate content. There was absolutely no reason why I would suddenly start thinking about God out of nowhere, which lends all the more credibility towards Him giving me that dream to "wake me up" (something I'm still thanking Him for to this day).

Well, I came to Christ this past March (some 4-5 months later) and ever since, I've had other dreams with sound, or with vivid colors, or with sensations of touch (or multiple of these) when I never had such dreams before.

So you tell me: Why, all of the sudden, am I having dreams with touch/sound/color that I never did before, but yet every single time I do have such a dream, it is always something having to do with Christ, God, or something pertaining to Them?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You're sure it couldn't be God, maybe telling you that you are here for a purpose?

I don't know, but it would be a tragedy if you are waiting for God to speak, and then you miss him when he does. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Imagination....

Something passes by the human flesh...

Eyes - The rods and cones senses the wavelength of the image causing the lens in the eye to focus and the cornea to direct the correct amount of light to the fovea centralis where the image is sensed. The optical nerve then directs the many patterns and wavelengths of light to the brain for processing. The cornea is lubricated with tears and the eyeball must remain clear for the image to be sensed.

Ears - The noise passed by bones in the ear, which amplify the sound, and the cochlea changes the sound to neurological signals, which tells the brain the frequency of the sound.

Nose - Humans can distinguish more than 10,000 different smells (odorants), which are detected by specialized olfactory receptor neurons lining the nose.... It is thought that there are hundreds of different olfactory receptors, each encoded by a different gene and each recognizing different odorants.

Touch - Your skin contains tiny nerve endings that create your sense of touch. When you experience sensations such as pain or heat or cold, or feel things that are soft or sticky or sharp, the bottom layer of your skin, called the dermis, sends messages to your brain about the sensation.

The brain senses the object passing his way and then the motor neurons then search the memory neurons for references as to what this object is. If it is something that the dream deems pleasant the spiritual recptors inside the heart then triggers the spiritual senses and the body then senses spiritual E/c2... E (Energy, motivation, warmth, love, delight) c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy, goodness, etc.).

There is also an unconsciousness mental processor that takes what has been stored in the brain and builds things like imagination and dreams. These imagings either produce E (Energy, motivation, warmth, love, delight) c2 (light, faith, hope, charity, joy, goodness, etc.) or the opposite of E/c2 ... Z/d (absoute zero, cold, repulsion, hate, disappointment) d(darkness, fear, despair, greed, sorrow, corruption, etc.).

All done by a brain with only 100 billion brain cells. You must think that processing involved for the brain to sense an object before it in multimedia must take in itself 10 billion brain cells as the brain builds an imaginary scenario of what just happened.

It is the atheist who has the very good imagination to believe that all of this came into reality by itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Imagination....

Something passes by the human flesh...

Eyes - The rods and cones senses the wavelength of the image causing the lens in the eye to focus and the cornea to direct the correct amount of light to the fovea centralis where the image is sensed. The optical nerve then directs the many patterns and wavelengths of light to the brain for processing. The cornea is lubricated with tears and the eyeball must remain clear for the image to be sensed.

Ears - The noise passed by bones in the ear, which amplify the sound, and the cochlea changes the sound to neurological signals, which tells the brain the frequency of the sound.

Nose - Humans can distinguish more than 10,000 different smells (odorants), which are detected by specialized olfactory receptor neurons lining the nose.... It is thought that there are hundreds of different olfactory receptors, each encoded by a different gene and each recognizing different odorants.

Touch - Your skin contains tiny nerve endings that create your sense of touch. When you experience sensations such as pain or heat or cold, or feel things that are soft or sticky or sharp, the bottom layer of your skin, called the dermis, sends messages to your brain about the sensation.

The brain senses the object passing his way and then the motor neurons then search the memory neurons for references as to what this object is. If it is something that the dream deems pleasant the spiritual recptors inside the heart then triggers the spiritual senses and the body then senses spiritual E/c2... E (Energy, motivation, warmth, love, delight) c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy, goodness, etc.).

There is also an unconsciousness mental processor that takes what has been stored in the brain and builds things like imagination and dreams. These imagings either produce E (Energy, motivation, warmth, love, delight) c2 (light, faith, hope, charity, joy, goodness, etc.) or the opposite of E/c2 ... Z/d (absoute zero, cold, repulsion, hate, disappointment) d(darkness, fear, despair, greed, sorrow, corruption, etc.).

All done by a brain with only 100 billion brain cells. You must think that processing involved for the brain to sense an object before it in multimedia must take in itself 10 billion brain cells as the brain builds an imaginary scenario of what just happened.

It is the atheist who has the very good imagination to believe that all of this came into reality by itself.

I think science will explain all one day, and when it does I suspect no god will have had anything to do with it, certainly not the one portrayed in the Bible. But of course I could be wrong, I just hope not!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think science will explain all one day, and when it does I suspect no god will have had anything to do with it, certainly not the one portrayed in the Bible. But of course I could be wrong, I just hope not!

There are trillions of cells in your body working together for a common good. The eyes also secret organic chemistry to keep the eyes lubricated and clear. The eyeball must be in exact position for the eyes to focus. The cells can also demand calcium from the bones when in need. All put there by intelligent design!

It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Hebrews 9:27
I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. - Matthew 12:36

In Plato's Republic judgment is deemed the highest and in the upper world. As God the Father is the one above all so judgement is his delight. Therefore good Christians seek to put eternal significance in everything they do, knowing that this life is short, the trillions of cells in our body fragile, and the heavenly rewards eternal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I wrote this poem some years ago. When I was a child of eleven, and a believer in Christianity, I needed God to give me some evidence of his presence as I was in dire need of comfort and support. I had an issue which troubled me and gave me unpleasant nightmares. I never ever had any sense of the presence of the deity or Jesus. If they couldn't support a child either they didn't care, or more likely they didn't exist. The doubts grew until I lost my faith by the end of my teenage years.

•Where Are You God?

•Where are you God when we need you?
•Where are you God when we pray?
•Where are you God in our darkness?
•Where are you God in our day?
•Where are you God in grief’s anguish?
•Where are you God in our despair?
•Where are you God in our torment?
•Where are you God, are you there?
•Where are you God when we’re hurting?
•Where are you God in our pain?
•Where are you God in our crying?
•Where are you God, please explain?
•RJG
God was always there, as was Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Regardless of what you were going through or what was done to you, you were strong enough to make it through... and that strength came from Jesus, whether you recognize it or not. Without Him you would not even be here to ask where he was in your time of suffering. As you keep living and learning more about Jesus and how He suffered for His love of us, you will maybe see that you are a miracle yourself. Seek counsel with a righteous biblical counselor. Sometimes it isn't until we actually have fallen completely that Jesus grabs our hand, and like to the apostles will ask us why we have so little faith because He's been walking with us the whole time. Take care of yourself.. you're not alone, and there are people who can benefit from your story. Be a miracle for them.

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You have so much claims to God
-Do you watch/read/keep inappropriate content
-Do you give to the poor
-Do you curse people
-Do you commit sinful sexual activity/touch/buy sex
-Do you read Bible
-Do you pray and give it all to God
-Do you obey parents
-Do you drink alcohol
-Do you use drugs
-Do you smoke cigarette or weeds
-Do you really study at school or just messing around
-Do you thank God for every bread you eat
-Do you thank God for the fresh air that you breathe, the fresh water u drink
-Do you love your neighbour
-Do you drive dangerously
-Do you litter everywhere
-Do you slander people
-Do you torture animals
-Did you steal your parents money
-Do you envy the others

Evaluate urself cause God is as close as our shadow

May Jesus bless u all HalleluYAH
I like your post... however many of the things that you list are not sins, and are not backed up by scripture... easiest to simply refer to the commandments... also masturbation is not sinful. That is a lie that churches, especially the Catholic Church, likes to spread to control young people with fear. Lust for that which God doesn't grant you and sexual immorality and perversion outside of marriage covenant is sinful... masturbating to inappropriate content aside from visuals of your marriage partner is a Sin... but masturbation alone is not sin... find me a passage from the New Testament that says otherwise and I will retract my statement.

Hopefully this clarity will keep more Christians from walking away from Christ. Telling someone they will go to hell for touching themselves is tantamount to saying most all of us are doomed based on a lie.

And on a final note... Regardless of how good you are, unless you have a personal relationship with Jesus, you aren't saved. How you drive and how you study has nothing to do with Jesus saving us on the cross, however once you are saved you will start living more as Christ does, so these good things are a byproduct of being a follower of Jesus.

Jesus considered religion to be one of the biggest sins that keep the self-righteous from entering heaven, so religious people always tell you this list of dos and donts... but when it is all said and done, Jesus is all you need and if you have access to scripture and a relationship with Jesus... you're on the right path. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You state as FACT there was an intelligent designer, but that isn't not a proven fact. And even if there was one, I bet it was nothing like the god portrayed in the Bible.

And why do you bet that "if there was one [an intelligent designer], it is nothing like the God portrayed in the Bible"?

Why are you so against the idea of a Holy God as defined in the Christian Bible?

Why do you seem to single this particular Bible (and its teachings) out, and say that THIS one can't be the right one?

Do you have any evidence that says that what the Christian Bible isn't true?

As for whether or not intelligent design was a thing, consider this:

The "Simple Cell", that is, the most basic living organism, the smallest living creature, is made up of thousands of almost robotic-like parts that work in tandem. If you take ANY of these parts away, the thing dies and cannot live. It is the simplest living thing that can possibly exist.

How did it come to be? Did it assemble from amino acids? No, I don't think so, because many of them cannot be sustained outside of a cell. How did the cell come to develop the ability to replicate itself? Ever studied DNA before? It's basically a very complex data file system that can replicate itself, it repairs itself, and it contains vast quantities of data that the organism requires to live.

Are you trying to tell me that this all just...... came to be, snap, out of the blue? That somehow a bunch of non-living goop magically transformed into living cells that have thousands of working parts? Put a single-cell organism under the microscope (a really powerful microscope) and you'll see that even its parts almost look like robots. The little "hairs" that it uses to move around, have parts that almost look like something men have built:

flagellum.jpg

You tell me that this just "came to be", and wasn't designed intelligently. That picture is of a flagella like the ones found in many single-cell organisms, such as bacteria. Now before you say "Oh, that's just an artist's rendition", well...

flagel1.jpg

There's another one.

I just can't sit here and say that there's any doubts in my mind whatsoever that this was designed intelligently.

Upvote 0