Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Remember too media is more common now thanks to technology. So 50 years ago odds are you wouldn't hear/see a cop shooting someone on tv/online (well online wasn't around) really. But in todays word cameras are everywhere. So our minds forget that in the real world people are killed all the time, and we only notice that "Hey another video of a black man being killed by a cop! This is bad!" because of the internet especially. Though as stated whites and everyone else is killed by a cop many times a day. But those don't make the news because the media like when thinks look worse then they are because people will watch them more. AKA showing videos of a black man being shot by cops is far more views for them then showing a white man being killed by a cop. Because that would make things sound more even (despite the fact that no one should be shot/killed by a cop unless need be).

That aside for every video someone records of a black man being shot by a cop, I can post links to 100 videos of a black man fighting and often times killing another black man. There are even some sites made by black men that promote showing your best videos you can record of blacks beating each other up. Again not saying whites don't kill each other, asians don't kill each other...etc. Just stating the main death of blacks is usually related to another black man. Which is why I will be against the BLM movement until they realize lives won't matter until they fix the lives being lost withing their own communities by each other.

Do you feel that likewise white lives won't matter until we fix the lives being lost within our own communities?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From their heated reactions, I would take it that to the BLM movement adherents, white lives do not matter at all.

But what that misses is the fact that in confrontations with police, Native Americans are 2x as likely to be shot or killed as blacks.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Seriously?
Yes I am very serious, what type of trained officer is scared to throw down with a teenager? That's poor training, that's just a horrible police department that a police officer can't fight a teenager, no matter how big he is.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am very serious, what type of trained officer is scared to throw down with a teenager? That's poor training, that's just a horrible police department that a police officer can't fight a teenager, no matter how big he is.
In a perfect world, youngsters would respect their elders and not be rude or violent. And they would take their punishment without resistance.

Training does not make a cop bigger or faster than a speeding bullet. So, age is irrelevant in handling aggression. I have had occasion to deal with out-of-control hospital patients. The toughest one was a high school football player, 6'2" and 230 pounds. It took six of us to control him without restraints or weapons. And I was much younger than today and all that. The other gentlemen were early twenties and in good condition.

My point is that your point is silly and not based on anything in reality.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In a perfect world, youngsters would respect their elders and not be rude or violent. And they would take their punishment without resistance.

Training does not make a cop bigger or faster than a speeding bullet. So, age is irrelevant in handling aggression. I have had occasion to deal with out-of-control hospital patients. The toughest one was a high school football player, 6'2" and 230 pounds. It took six of us to control him without restraints or weapons. And I was much younger than today and all that. The other gentlemen were early twenties and in good condition.

My point is that your point is silly and not based on anything in reality.

In another scenario, about some soft, average height priest, that is out of shape and no real fighter... the headlines would read: Catholic Priest Sexually Molests Child.

LOL. I only chuckle remembering myself as a "child" when I was a teen and so small (I weighed 80 pounds or less Freshman year) that nearly all the teenage girls were taller and weighed more than me. Yet, I was no "child" in the most angelic 5 year-old sense.

But when a child runs into a cop the "child" is dangerous, belligerent, strong willed, worldly. But when a child runs into a priest the "child" is as angelic as roses in a garden, meek, incapable of harming any adult, and knows nothing of worldly things like money, sexual arousal and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Lately on the news I just notice more and more black men dying. Truthfully it's either by the police or it's by the brother that looks just like you. I feel like to a degree in America either you stay who you are, who you were raised to be, the person you love or you conform and become a different person. Even then you are still subjected to occasional police interactions that are demoralizing and horrible. At the very least unprofessional and emasculating typically.

A great deal of my friends have started taking a good deal of international jobs. A good deal of them mentioned some countries more racist some countries far less racist.

It's not just that, I look at the images the media project to these black boys and girls to be. Manipulating a culture to gain dollars but destroying the people's entire self image. Confirming the slavish mentalities passed from ancestor to ancestor. I don't want that for my children.

Opinions? Questions? I'm really thinking about this the deeper I get into my studies

You asked for honest opinions.

I know from experience this will not go over well. But bear in mind I'm no politician and I don't speak like one. Yeah, I know from speech class, that if you want to persuade people you need to tailor your speech to your audience. Preferably handing out surveys long before you deliver a speech so you can use the info to tailor your speech to that crowd. Educated pimping in away. I'm also aware in proper speech making you're suppose to interject yourself as a sympathizing figure towards the profile of your audience and in someway interject you have some shared history or characteristic with them. So, for example, when giving a speech in Chicago whoever writes Obama's speeches (few world leaders write their own speeches) will likely included in the composition that he's from Chicago as well and "understands them."

So, I realize that. It is of my choice to speak less political and more from the jump and belly like a member of the long ago Black Panther Party or Jesus.

Throughout the Americas the effects of a history entrenched in a racial caste system still exists. Throughout all the countries of the Americas they were antagonistic. The lighter your hue the better you thought of yourself relative to the darker hued "neighbor." The darkest of the black people fell on the bottom. The lighter mixed-race people even with black antecedents were higher on the pyramid. The Quadroon Ball of New Orleans reflects this in some measure where the Quadroon was higher up on the pyramid than the mulatta and the mulatta higher up than the black woman.

At least by the time of the white American rebellion of the short Reconstruction Era, the United States positioned itself as one of the most antagonistic countries between the white and black races. This would endure into our own time. White created Jim Crow laws enshrined these antagonism, isolating black communities and thereby making it possible for blacks in the USA to literally evolve into a distinct ethnicity from whites. And Jim Crow era would erase earlier US cultural history of a "mulatto" identity. Now, all mulattos--like President Obama--would become and labeled "black." The institution of Jim Crow was supposed to help protect the purity of the white race in America.

I do think a darker skinned black man can be viewed often by cops as more "dangerous" than a lighter hued mulatto as myself, known in US lingo as a "light-skinned black." (No "dark-skinned" whites as there are in Brazil LOL.)

One aspect--at least in the USA--historically, seems to have been white men placing black women above black men.

White men and white women (but it less white women do it than white men) to this day do this in media reporting. Even Obama and other ethnic Black-American men do this. It's never black women as even part of the problem. slightly. It's 100% the fault of black men. But news flash, black African men are not as enamored with the belligerent and harsh tongued ethnic Black-American woman as white American men and Black-American men are. They tend to look down upon ethnic Black-American women as much as they do ethnic Black-American men. They don't view ethnic Black-American women as 100% sinless in the social pathological of Black-America.

I wake up in the morning and every problem in Black-America from coast to coast is 100% my fault. But the millions of young Black-American women dating unemployed gang-bangers, having children by multiple men, none of whom support their children even monetarily, they bear absolutely zero responsibility for anything going in Black-America. That's how Obama, ethnic Black-American men in the professional classes, and the white media projects it. Black-America is also a matriarchy. So, patriarchy can't be blamed. The one pushing you out the door to fist fight if you're a boy, is usually a woman and not a man.

Nearly all--not all but nearly all--of Black-Americas problems would cease if young Black-American women stopped seeking out and having sex with criminal black males. It's the young women setting in stone "what a 'real man' is." Most will avoid "nerdy" dudes into school work, decline them sex, love, and respect. But the young dude knocking cats out, robbing their pockets, stealing cars... these dudes are showered with female attention, sex, and the respect accorded the gods.

White cops have to deal the violent effects of contemporary Black Culture. And they probably assume all black dudes are a violent criminal. Some white cops anyways.

Of course... how you dress and how you speak to others and cops can help you or not help you. That's life. I've got some pretty decent threads today. And I can dress like "a man" so-to-speak. Meaning I can dress at times like men did many years ago. I don't dress like I'm a juvenile. And I'll tell you... as a crackhead... years ago when I reached a clothing low point and dressed (not like a juvenile though) sort of bummy. Not quite but sort of. The way people treated and related to me was much better than the way I had dressed before that point or after that point today. People will--not just cops--treat you different depending how you're dressed. Right or wrong that is the way it is in this world. Just like women treat dudes well groomed, clean smelling, and well-dressed a lot better than they do dudes the opposite of those things.

The story of Eve and the story of the New Even the Virgin Mary provides a lesson for the history and trajectory of mankind. In Hindu India they have a saying, "When a peoples women go so goes that people."

The answer to Black-America is not as Obama and professional black men and the white media thinks. It's not pivoting on little black boys. It's pivoting on little black girls and the values and visions they will develop while developing into young women.

They misunderstood Genesis. The history of man depended on the history of what women convinced men of and who they should be as men. In that sense it was the greatest feminist story ever told. The male and female feminists are to blinded by their apple biting to notice that though.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You see the problem in America is a bit deeper than you have good cops bad cops. It's an image of the black community, how often do you here the articulate person in the community on the news, where have the shows like a different world gone?

Watch blacks on reality TV and see the lowest in the community.

The Different World was awesome. Good show. And good point.

TV and movies are actually one of my pet peeves. Both in the US and in Latin America. Although, I think the US and a country like Brazil go in the opposite direction to too hyper a degree involving their black and brown populations. The culture is one in which--in my view--they promote too much fiction. They do this with women too. The woman soldier beating all male soldiers on earth in all form of combat etc. The black poor that materially lives and reflects the material lives of the Black-American middle-class (actual impoverished black lives in the ghetto are far less romantic and appealing). But in Brazil it is hyper in the opposite direction. To little fantasy and dreaming of what can be for blacks and browns and to much constant gritty real representation of the gritty grind and material poverty of those blacks and browns that are poor in Brazil. Like the movie City of God. Great movie. But Brazil only produces flicks like that involving blacks and browns. For the most part anyways. They don't produce fictional flicks like Boomerang starring Eddie Murphy and Halle Berry. In reality there is little to no one in executive downtown Milwaukee living akin lives and professional life of those black/brown main characters in Boomerang. Most blacks/browns in Milwaukee live far less romantic and "prestigious" lives.

But in terms of the media... some of the fault falls on Black-Americans involved in the black media themselves. Black-Americans as an ethnic group within the nationality of American, are obsessed with material luxury, power, and the rewards of prestige. Look at the movies they produce. Very few of them are comparable to the white produced Good Will Hunting. Blue collar black men ought be pedophiles in social hierarchy within Black-America it would seem. If you're not a black male being a big time drug dealer then you have to be making big bread in the music industry (enter the hit show Empire) or you have to be making big bread in some prestigious professional work like the main characters of Boomerang or Best Man Holiday (to movies I loved admittedly). Money. Power. Prestige.

A black dude can't just be a low paid, honest, blue collar worker. No love given.

Black people can't make movies like Good Will Hunting where the main character, the dude, is a scrubby dressed blue collar worker not living in any luxury. Not even middle-class material standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem is when police interact with me like I am one of those children that are walking around asking people can I tear down their sign. I remember a police officer cut me off crazy in the bronx, I honked my horn and he rolled down the window and said "if you feel a way hop out of the car" so you know I hopped out. A man had a gun to my head and robbed me I told him pull the trigger, I am not going to back down from anybody it's not breed in my personality. So when you encounter me and you're professional and you act the way my tax dollars tell you to I am cool. However if you make me revert to the think of "oh you're trying to play me like im a punk" it's going to be a problem because I am not a criminal. That's the thug culture that's the thug mentality......I don't care what you're going through, where I am, who we are with if you play me I am not going to back down. He challenged me, if a guy on the street did that what I would have answered it the same way. The end all the police officer didn't want to fight, he asked me why I jumped out of the car and I told him because I wanted to fight. At that point he pushed me and I placed my guard up and an officer stepped in between us.......then drug him away I still wanted the fight he promised me when he asked me if I felt a way.

My recommendation is that you begin to let things like that provocation given by that cop, go, and just "keep it moving."

Some fights, some altercations, are not worth getting in. Really.

Look at it like this, like a Buddhist Shaolin monk declining a challenge laced with verbal insults, Jesus could've cracked any man's head open with a bolt of lighting on the clearest of days, he harnessed from the sky upon his command. Yet, as powerful and invincible as Jesus was he was gentle as a lamb and allowed verbal insults from other men and women to go. He even allowed far weaker men to physically abuse him during his arrest, trial, and what we term "passion."

Just as a human man--divinity aside--Jesus must have been a physically strong man having been brought up laboring as a carpenter during a BCE era when tools of the trade were by modern standards primitive and non-electrical. A lot of muscle work involved.

I know it is hard at times to believe, given our social conditioning, but as men life still goes on if we ignore insults, challenges, or even not ignore but bow out of fighting. Even if we run away.

No matter if you have a school program or not it will not work unless you change the police officers professionalism. I don't care if it's a black police officer or a white police officer if you approach me like a man doing your job I am going to respect you like a man doing their job. However anyone approaches me as a little boy, I have children to play with, badge or no badge no matter what. I remember when I was 9 years old my father bought me a hat I was walking with someone fresh from jamaica stole it with a box cutter. My father told me I couldn't come home until I got my hat back. I found the kid, I found he couldn't fight, I got my hat back.

That's the attitude that get's people shot, there's a certain arrogance to that. Has nothing to do with if you are a criminal or not it's how submissive you can be with some of them. As a man I have a problem submitting to anybody, cultural as a jamaican american I have a problem submitting to another man when they are abusing the power of their authority.

At first bold blue: Yeah, in the matriarchy of Black-America ethnic Black-American mothers pretty much provide the same commands and instill the same values in their male sons (daughters too), as what you indicate about Jamaican fathers instructing and rearing their sons.

There are good reasons for Black-American mothers do this--or I guess Jamaican-American fathers. Those attributes instilled in a young man--or woman--enables them not to be so easily preyed upon in the urban, concrete jungles. And it better enhances their survivability in which neighbors eat neighbors and citizens view other citizens as chewable neckbones or for the Jamaicans... oxtails.

But outside of the "hood," while those attributes can be harnessed to work well on certain occasions, sometimes those attributes or reactionary responses con become liabilities and counterproductive outside of the "hood."

As counter-intuitive as it is, the normal ability and reaction of some white American men outside of the hood, to just let provoking words of other men go and "keep it moving," is a greater survival trait. Not only survival trait but prosperity inducer.

Going to jail, building a "record" (as in "rap sheet"), taking time out of work or study for medical reasons to heal, or being sued, all can adversely effect a man's ability to prosper in career and finances.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lately on the news I just notice more and more black men dying.

That's because the media is sensationalizing it. A black person shot down sparks controversy, while a white person does not, so they bring up more of one than the other. You can't rely on the media to show you what trends are really occurring.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My recommendation is that you begin to let things like that provocation given by that cop, go, and just "keep it moving."

Some fights, some altercations, are not worth getting in. Really.

Look at it like this, like a Buddhist Shaolin monk declining a challenge laced with verbal insults, Jesus could've cracked any man's head open with a bolt of lighting on the clearest of days, he harnessed from the sky upon his command. Yet, as powerful and invincible as Jesus was he was gentle as a lamb and allowed verbal insults from other men and women to go. He even allowed far weaker men to physically abuse him during his arrest, trial, and what we term "passion."

Just as a human man--divinity aside--Jesus must have been a physically strong man having been brought up laboring as a carpenter during a BCE era when tools of the trade were by modern standards primitive and non-electrical. A lot of muscle work involved.

I know it is hard at times to believe, given our social conditioning, but as men life still goes on if we ignore insults, challenges, or even not ignore but bow out of fighting. Even if we run away.

At first bold blue: Yeah, in the matriarchy of Black-America ethnic Black-American mothers pretty much provide the same commands and instill the same values in their male sons (daughters too), as what you indicate about Jamaican fathers instructing and rearing their sons.

There are good reasons for Black-American mothers do this--or I guess Jamaican-American fathers. Those attributes instilled in a young man--or woman--enables them not to be so easily preyed upon in the urban, concrete jungles. And it better enhances their survivability in which neighbors eat neighbors and citizens view other citizens as chewable neckbones or for the Jamaicans... oxtails.

But outside of the "hood," while those attributes can be harnessed to work well on certain occasions, sometimes those attributes or reactionary responses con become liabilities and counterproductive outside of the "hood."

As counter-intuitive as it is, the normal ability and reaction of some white American men outside of the hood, to just let provoking words of other men go and "keep it moving," is a greater survival trait. Not only survival trait but prosperity inducer.

Going to jail, building a "record" (as in "rap sheet"), taking time out of work or study for medical reasons to heal, or being sued, all can adversely effect a man's ability to prosper in career and finances.
Why should I allow someone to treat me as though I am less than and ignore it? Particularly if that is how those group of people have historically interacted with a majority of the male members of my community. No, I have to say something and I have to honk my horn, that could have been a car accident, police officer or not my life is important to me. You almost made me crash my car because you were irresponsible with my life. As a professional PEACE officer that should have been handled totally differently mainly with an apology. Instead he tested me to combat as though I am so scared child that will not defend myself.

My father is actually a physician and my family were deep into politics some into gangs in the jamaican culture. My family never really lived in the hood, we typically always had money. We lived in a working middle class jamaican neighborhood, however I also lived in:
1)Tarpon Spring, FL
2)Raleigh, NC
3)Baton Rouge LA
4)Rhode Island
5)Atlanta, GA
6) Alabama
7) MS
8)New york
9) NJ

As a child of a black doctor I was exposed to several black professionals outside and inside the work place. There is a difference between paying me and our interaction and taking money out my check and our interactions. I saw a black attorney almost fight a police officer that acted as though he wanted to fight, that's what made me want to be an attorney.

The difference between me and a lot of people not only do I have an income I have an entire family that has income. Not only that but the network alone would cause a major problem.I think that's part of it to, there is a certain economic arrogance some black people get and it knocks us down as a reminder "nope youre still black." The money, the network and the contributions to the community it gives you a certain arrogance to be cocky back. I deserve better than that, I work hard for my money and I just want to be treated like I pay their check.

If you cut me off and your lights aren't flashing, roll down the window and say sorry. I am not on the job, I don't have to be professional, I can honk my horn.........that's unprofessional and it's unacceptable.

I struggled to get where I am today. I have no friends, I have no one that understands what I am going through. Nobody can relate to the change between being single and to being married with children. Nobody can relate to being black and working for yourself and understanding that how hard you grind is how much you eat. Nobody can understand why I haven't bought any clothes in about a year, why I am either work, school or home plotting another business venture.

No matter what I am going to get bothered by the police that's clear. That isn't going to change, this is kind of how I feel america is for people like me. On one side I could totally conform, buy a nice hybrid, days off dress conservative, start listening to the old school reggae while I am driving......totally transform my image, location and cultural identity to one seen as acceptable by the public. Totally selling out who I am however I would totally be accepted by 85% of all americans. Or I could stay true to myself an educated BA, rap/dancehall/reggae fan, jerk chicken eating, avid reader, fighter, son of doctor, sneaker fiend, gadget nerd, jean head, glasses fanatic, christian, mentor, community worker, feeder of the poor. I don't fit into either cultures view of who I should be, and truthfully most black people do not.

Black people in general can not win in america I believe our chance may be greater in another country. One where differences were celebrated and not rejected, certainly all countries have so form of prejudice, however all countries do not have prejudice based on skin color. In america people know who you are, either the police know you're a criminal because you're black.......or your own friends pick on you because you're not who the media says you should be. All my friends that sold drugs and thought they were "thugs" freshmen year, are all married, with children....going through the same thing I am. People hate you because you did something with your life, the police hate you because you buy what you like and not what's acceptable for your position. Either way you have to sell out who you are to fit in.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not many "black movies" are like Kingdom Come in which one of the main characters is a blue collar auto-mechanic, not rich or professional, and a recovering alcoholic.

There are a lot of B listed black movies that are super funny and super clean hearted circled around church and with a spiritual meaning and not like Medea. I mean good old fashioned black family movies with normal black people.......there are a lot on netflix and BET shows some on sunday every now and then.

What you mean to say is, why don't the major cooperations back these sort of programs, even when there are great black actors and actresses in the film.

We didn't give Denzel Washington an award for Training Day many in the black community were insulted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You asked for honest opinions.

I know from experience this will not go over well. But bear in mind I'm no politician and I don't speak like one. Yeah, I know from speech class, that if you want to persuade people you need to tailor your speech to your audience. Preferably handing out surveys long before you deliver a speech so you can use the info to tailor your speech to that crowd. Educated pimping in away. I'm also aware in proper speech making you're suppose to interject yourself as a sympathizing figure towards the profile of your audience and in someway interject you have some shared history or characteristic with them. So, for example, when giving a speech in Chicago whoever writes Obama's speeches (few world leaders write their own speeches) will likely included in the composition that he's from Chicago as well and "understands them."

So, I realize that. It is of my choice to speak less political and more from the jump and belly like a member of the long ago Black Panther Party or Jesus.

Throughout the Americas the effects of a history entrenched in a racial caste system still exists. Throughout all the countries of the Americas they were antagonistic. The lighter your hue the better you thought of yourself relative to the darker hued "neighbor." The darkest of the black people fell on the bottom. The lighter mixed-race people even with black antecedents were higher on the pyramid. The Quadroon Ball of New Orleans reflects this in some measure where the Quadroon was higher up on the pyramid than the mulatta and the mulatta higher up than the black woman.

At least by the time of the white American rebellion of the short Reconstruction Era, the United States positioned itself as one of the most antagonistic countries between the white and black races. This would endure into our own time. White created Jim Crow laws enshrined these antagonism, isolating black communities and thereby making it possible for blacks in the USA to literally evolve into a distinct ethnicity from whites. And Jim Crow era would erase earlier US cultural history of a "mulatto" identity. Now, all mulattos--like President Obama--would become and labeled "black." The institution of Jim Crow was supposed to help protect the purity of the white race in America.

I do think a darker skinned black man can be viewed often by cops as more "dangerous" than a lighter hued mulatto as myself, known in US lingo as a "light-skinned black." (No "dark-skinned" whites as there are in Brazil LOL.)

One aspect--at least in the USA--historically, seems to have been white men placing black women above black men.

White men and white women (but it less white women do it than white men) to this day do this in media reporting. Even Obama and other ethnic Black-American men do this. It's never black women as even part of the problem. slightly. It's 100% the fault of black men. But news flash, black African men are not as enamored with the belligerent and harsh tongued ethnic Black-American woman as white American men and Black-American men are. They tend to look down upon ethnic Black-American women as much as they do ethnic Black-American men. They don't view ethnic Black-American women as 100% sinless in the social pathological of Black-America.

I wake up in the morning and every problem in Black-America from coast to coast is 100% my fault. But the millions of young Black-American women dating unemployed gang-bangers, having children by multiple men, none of whom support their children even monetarily, they bear absolutely zero responsibility for anything going in Black-America. That's how Obama, ethnic Black-American men in the professional classes, and the white media projects it. Black-America is also a matriarchy. So, patriarchy can't be blamed. The one pushing you out the door to fist fight if you're a boy, is usually a woman and not a man.

Nearly all--not all but nearly all--of Black-Americas problems would cease if young Black-American women stopped seeking out and having sex with criminal black males. It's the young women setting in stone "what a 'real man' is." Most will avoid "nerdy" dudes into school work, decline them sex, love, and respect. But the young dude knocking cats out, robbing their pockets, stealing cars... these dudes are showered with female attention, sex, and the respect accorded the gods.

White cops have to deal the violent effects of contemporary Black Culture. And they probably assume all black dudes are a violent criminal. Some white cops anyways.

Of course... how you dress and how you speak to others and cops can help you or not help you. That's life. I've got some pretty decent threads today. And I can dress like "a man" so-to-speak. Meaning I can dress at times like men did many years ago. I don't dress like I'm a juvenile. And I'll tell you... as a crackhead... years ago when I reached a clothing low point and dressed (not like a juvenile though) sort of bummy. Not quite but sort of. The way people treated and related to me was much better than the way I had dressed before that point or after that point today. People will--not just cops--treat you different depending how you're dressed. Right or wrong that is the way it is in this world. Just like women treat dudes well groomed, clean smelling, and well-dressed a lot better than they do dudes the opposite of those things.

The story of Eve and the story of the New Even the Virgin Mary provides a lesson for the history and trajectory of mankind. In Hindu India they have a saying, "When a peoples women go so goes that people."

The answer to Black-America is not as Obama and professional black men and the white media thinks. It's not pivoting on little black boys. It's pivoting on little black girls and the values and visions they will develop while developing into young women.

They misunderstood Genesis. The history of man depended on the history of what women convinced men of and who they should be as men. In that sense it was the greatest feminist story ever told. The male and female feminists are to blinded by their apple biting to notice that though.
No please don't I actually have my BA in political Sci.....lol I enjoy political conversations. People always assume one will get mad but I don't.......I have had worse arguments with black republicans my soph year.

I agree with most of what you say. Through the welfare system black women have no responsibility. There is very little accountability for black american women in america. If a woman picks up a knife and cuts me four or five times, and I hit her in defense and she calls the police does my race and gender play a role in the situation? Do black american women use the legal system to get men back? Do I know more single mothers by choice than single by dead beat? It's my personal opinion there are more single black mothers in america that want to be than single black mothers that would love for their child's father's involvement. I certainly believe that.

However we can't ignore certain facts:

One of the most pervasive myths about romantic relationships involving black couples is that their relationships rarely end in marriage. The media and society at large propagate this silly misconception. Some researchers, however, denounce this claim, maintaining that properly analyzed census data would arrive at different conclusions.

Howard University researcher Ivory A. Toldson says,“The often-cited figure of 42 percent of black women never marrying includes all black women 18 and older.”

After examining census data from 2005 to 2009, Toldson and Bryant Marks of Morehouse College found that 75 percent of black women marry before age 35. Moreover, black women in small towns have higher marriage rates than white women in urban centers such as New York and Los Angeles, Toldson said.

While plenty of rap stars, athletes and and other celebrities may choose to date or marry interracially after reaching fame, the opposite is true for most successful black men. When it comes to married brothers with six-figure annual incomes, 83 percent of them tied the knot with a sister, according to Toldson’s census research.

In fact, 85 percent of black male college graduates wed black women, and 88 percent of married black men – of all education and income levels – have black wives. It’s safe to say that most brothers still prefer black women over other races.

The real story is that education increases the likelihood of marriage for both African-American men and women.

Tara Parker-Pope of The New York Times reported, “Among black women, 70 percent of college graduates are married by 40, whereas only about 60 percent of black high school graduates are married by that age.”

Black men follow the same trend. In 2008, 76 percent of black men with a college degree married by age 40, in contrast to the 63 percent of black men with just a high school diploma.

Furthermore, Toldson points out black women with college degrees are more likely to marry than white females who never finished high school.

The truth is most men desire relationships, but they’re terrified of committing to someone who they feel may make life harder for them. Black men are no different from most men.

The notion that black men are wary of romantic commitments while black women are especially focused on committing, was turned on its head by a recent NPR poll.

According to poll results, single black men were much more likely to say they were looking for a long-term relationship (43 percent) compared to single black women (25 percent).

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/08/16/6-persistant-myths-about-black-love-debunked/3/

Some stats on the black family because what youre doing is taking a group of individuals within the community and judging an entire group. My father and mother are still married and my wife's mother became a widow at 50 plus years. You can't police me the same way you police 35% of the community, you can't look at me like I am one of the men that have children with these women and you can't look at my wife like a baby momma. I am not the only one there are a plethora of us..............My wife has a masters in IO psychology, I am currently in law school...I run two successful businesses and I go to school part time. Most of my network do the exact same thing, it's a lot of us out here and america has totally let us down.

That's how I feel, the hard working, home owning, nice car driving family black man america has totally let us down. The plumbers that can't afford to live in an area like mine, they don't have anyone to go to. IN the inner cities the reason you have to be like that is because you are all alone...nobody is going to help you there but yourself. The police will drive by while you are get beat half to death and won't even break it up. He works hard like me and you but he can't do any better for himself. He has nobody I don't think that's fair for him as a citizen.

This is america you have the freedom to dress any way you so choose. If I wanted to dress like a bum, that doesn't mean I have broken a law. If I decide to dress like a skater that doesn't mean I know how to skate board. I don't dress like an adult or a child I dress like me, and what the rest of the men my age are wearing. What that is, is conforming into an identity that culturally isn't me. Even when I am on the field my suit is a certain type sharp, my shoes are a certain type of leather. I like fashion, all types, I even like buying houses just to look at the design....that sort of art is like a hobby. If someone thinks I'm dressing like a thug it's probably because I am dressing like what's in style for black people my age.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of B listed black movies that are super funny and super clean hearted circled around church and with a spiritual meaning and not like Medea. I mean good old fashioned black family movies with normal black people.......there are a lot on netflix and BET shows some on sunday every now and then.

What you mean to say is, why don't the major cooperations back these sort of programs, even when there are great black actors and actresses in the film.

We didn't give Denzel Washington an award for Training Day many in the black community were insulted.

Maybe. All I know is Black-American movies generally don't come out with movies like A Love Song For Bobby Long.

Both the male leading characters--though flawed--are something of anti-heroes. Therefore: good.

Although I haven't seen Precious, knowing what I do know about the long dogmatic themes in Black-America and the American media, the black male has to be a bad guy. Not a flawed, heroic, anti-hero.

(There is no grand money, or portrayed middle-class material life style in their Southern poverty above. Both leading male characters are educated men. Both often drinking too much. John Travolta's character may well be an alcoholic. One of my favorite movies too.)

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe. All I know is Black-American movies generally don't come out with movies like A Love Song For Bobby Long.

Both the male leading characters--though flawed--are something of anti-heroes. Therefore: good.

Although I haven't seen Precious, knowing what I do know about the long dogmatic themes in Black-America and the American media, the black male has to be a bad guy. Not a flawed, heroic, anti-hero.

(There is no grand money, or portrayed middle-class material life style in their Southern poverty above. Both leading male characters are educated men. Both often drinking too much. John Travolta's character may well be an alcoholic. One of my favorite movies too.)
In most movies that come out yes that is true. Yet there still are tons of black movies out there. People just don't know about those movies unless they buy bootlegs or are heavy into the black church. Medea is only one side of the coin, the side that makes the most money of course.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's because the media is sensationalizing it. A black person shot down sparks controversy, while a white person does not, so they bring up more of one than the other. You can't rely on the media to show you what trends are really occurring.
That would only be valid if this isn't a continuous conversation within the community. If the media started talking about a lack of father's in the community, and there was a big thing about nobody would say the media is sensationalizing anything. Part of the problem is there is a disconnect between what black community and the white community. There is a seperation of what goes on in America.

Whites will never believe blacks because they don't get to interact with the police as a black person. The only people bringing this to whites attention are people blacks, other than old tithing black church women, think are con artists. The other people bringing to the attention of whites are to filled with hatred to be heard.

The black experience in America is typically written off as media inspired. Then when they see the riots, they see the anger it's just a big shock....what a surprise. It's absurd it's like an abused child goes to school and tells the teacher and the teacher says "oh that CPS speaker was here and you probably are being influenced to say that." There is no alarm, there is no concern there is only excuses and denial.

The media are mice that only come out when they see that there is money to be made. There is always controversy with the black community with the police you just aren't aware about it because you aren't part of the community and when we tell you you don't believe us. There is an issue with a police officer in my community. They beat up a man for selling water on the side of the road....he was functional but mentally handicapped. That didn't make the news but everyone is on Facebook talking about it that from the neighborhood. I went to college at a HBCU how many of my Facebook friends are seeing my status from out of state commenting asking for a video......I'm trying to get my hands on it.

The media only knows because they get exposed to this. The community knows because we live it, the kids know because of Facebook. We spread it, we make the big deal out of it.......then the circus comes after the scene is being started, the foundation for conflict has been prepared. There are way worse police brutality situations that I have heard of within my own community that has never made the news.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
why do I have to suffer because of what someone else does? So because I'm black the police have a right to treat me as a criminal? Based on where I live the police can treat me as less than?

That's elitism and racism. Just because I'm black doesn't mean I commit crimes. I went to an all black college, not to many people got arrested for any violent crimes. Most of my friends that I went to college with graduated and do well for themselves. Why must we be treated like criminals because there are people that commit crimes? Why does my black skin mean criminal.....my father worked hard to get to where he is, why isn't his hard work respected as much as your father's hard work.

Not all black people live in high crime areas why are we treated like we do?

I don't live in a high crime area, I'm not a criminal, legal firearm, legal own business, over pay on taxes, married before my wife got pregnant, never been on government aid, never been arrested.

The crazy thing is I get it from the police and I get it from the thugs occasionally. Way more from the police and I'm more fearful of them. Black people that live life styles similar to mine really have no place in America. We aren't the stereotypical image of blacks but we aren't trying to conform either. Police can't deal with us, thugs can't deal with us, we have it the worst.

Take my little cousin 16 starts his first sem in college. He was always in a school for the gifted, really bright kid has never been in a fight(well never hit anyone back). How many times do you think he's been robbed of his bookbag on his way home? How many times do you think he's been stopped for wearing dreads and how he dresses?

He like many black men that grow up in America and do their school work....will be shunned by many men in his community. He will be then shunned because of the color of his skin.

Upvote 0