N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Clinical and Research Neurologist Dr Matthew Philips spoke at the Future of Medicine Conference 2023, about his research:

Simplified points:

- we need to be in our natural metabolic state most of the time (ketosis - diet high in fat and protein)
- fasting (both intermittent and prolonged)
- mitochondria, not cells are the most fundamental part of our metabolic health
- we were hunters and gatherers for millions of years, but agrarians only for 10,000 of years - our body is not adapted to such food
- the worst combination is high sugar and high fat diet together, it damages our mitochondria

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Fasting may have benefits for the treatment of cancer, but a diet high in protein is not mimicking the effects of fasting. A high protein diet will result in different gene expression than from fasting. High amounts of amino acids like leucine and methionine will suppress autophagy and apoptosis. In addition, a high protein diet will just result in excess protein being converted into glucose.

Characterizing early humans as cave men hunter-gatherers is overly simplistic. We have evidence that human beings have been engaged in horticulture far longer than 10,000 years. Large scale agriculture is not the only way to cultivate plant foods for human consumption.

The human brain, which consumes up to 25 percent of our caloric intake, contains cells which must use glucose, which is why our livers must produce glucose through a process called gluconeogenesis, if we don't eat sufficient quantities of carbohydrates in our diet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fasting may have benefits for the treatment of cancer, but a diet high in protein is not mimicking the effects of fasting. A high protein diet will result in different gene expression than from fasting. High amounts of amino acids like leucine and methionine will suppress autophagy and apoptosis. In addition, a high protein diet will just result in excess protein being converted into glucose.
I think you misunderstood the presentation. The fasting should not be constant (low protein) all the time, but the fasting should be alternated with proper eating (high fat, high protein).

However, we should be in ketosis most of the time (both while fasting and while eating).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did the video completely ignored exercising? To be honest I didn't watch through the video entirely, I skipped a lot but I did went through all the topics in the video.

It would be strange and ironic if they didn't give enough emphasis on the importance of exercising because the two fundamental factors to improving Mitochondria function is fasting AND exercising (specifically long cardio / aerobic exercises).

And high physical workload is the norm in an ancient hunter-gatherer society.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did the video completely ignored exercising? To be honest I didn't watch through the video entirely, I skipped a lot but I did went through all the topics in the video.

It would be strange and ironic if they didn't give enough emphasis on the importance of exercising because the two fundamental factors to improving Mitochondria function is fasting AND exercising (specifically long cardio / aerobic exercises).

And high physical workload is the norm in an ancient hunter-gatherer society.
Exercise, sleep, low stress, not smoking, not using alcohol, not being exposed to environmental carcinogens etc are certainly parts of healthy lifestyle, but this presentation is about their specific clinical protocol with which they have success in treating one of the worst kinds of cancer - brain cancer.

Anyway, this thread is meant for people who may be diagnosed with cancer or in risk of cancer, to give them hope and some new information about a specific protocol that works in clinical practice better than just the standard care. Not as a place to argue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ancestorial living is what it boils down to. Exercise is the most important part of long life. Protein is very important for muscle synthesis especially in geriatrics and all. Intermittent and prolonged fasting should be done sparing depending on body mass. It all depends on the humans ability to metabolically switch between fuel sources carbs versus your fat storage. Since most people carb addicted keto is a good way to train the body to switch.
I forgot to add that too many carbs metabolically causes and feed cancer..

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, this thread is meant for people who may be diagnosed with cancer or in risk of cancer, to give them hope and some new information about a specific protocol that works in clinical practice better than just the standard care. Not as a place to argue.

I'm at risk of cancer, at least in genetics. Both my parents had cancer, and many relatives on both mother and father's side died of cancer.

Naturally, I did plenty of reading about cancer and the role of metabolism and mitochondria did come up so often and lately, there's even studies saying these two things are huge factors to all-cause mortality and not just from cancer but also from cardiovascular disease, etc.

But when you start talking about metabolism and mitochondria, you can't ignore the huge part of exercise in this. Since metabolism and mitochondria is all about energy and there's always two aspects of it. How you're getting that energy like through diet and how you're spending that energy like through exercise.

It's like talking about peanut butter sandwich without talking about peanut butter. It's ridiculous to say the least.

Exercise, sleep, low stress, not smoking, not using alcohol, not being exposed to environmental carcinogens etc are certainly parts of healthy lifestyle

But you just can't have all these. Those ancient hunter-gatherers certainly did not have low-stress lives. Injuries that left marks in their bones are widespread and many died violent deaths from other hunter-gatherers.

Probably one reason these people did not have cancer is they didn't live long enough to have one. I'm not saying they'd have cancer if they lived longer but just saying they're just not living long enough for us to conclude with absolute certainty these people are totally immune from cancer.

In modern times, only small % of people live in low toxin or even toxin-free, clean environments/places. These people tend to be rich. Not all of them but these group are the small minority. This is not because only few people wants to live in clean, toxin-free environments but usually because it's not easy to have such opportunity. It's a huge privilege to have such opportunity.

Not all people can have all these things no matter how bad they want to. Forget about "low stress" or pollution-free environment is simply not possible for many people. It's like saying they're far too stupid for not able to get out of their stressful situation or polluted environment. Maybe they are hopelessly stupid to help themselves but no need to keep reminding them of their inadequacies.

Sadly, even good sleep is not possible for many people. Living next to noisy neighbors, loud roommates, living next to a very busy road. I use ear plugs for this. In the worst case situations, I wear both ear plugs and ear muffs at the same time just so I can sleep in "peace"!

Let's keep our solutions basic and realistic enough for everyone. Good diet, certainly. Exercise, yes. NOT drinking, Not smoking not only gives good health but will also save you money so this one is a clear winner.

Good sleep ofc but if you live in a noisy environment, consider wearing ear plugs or ear muffs. Train yourself to wear them until you get comfortable with them. Isolated headphones is also a good solution if you also like to listen to white noise or natural sounds.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Clinical and Research Neurologist Dr Matthew Philips spoke at the Future of Medicine Conference 2023, about his research:

Simplified points:

- we need to be in our natural metabolic state most of the time (ketosis - diet high in fat and protein)
- fasting (both intermittent and prolonged)
- mitochondria, not cells are the most fundamental part of our metabolic health
- we were hunters and gatherers for millions of years, but agrarians only for 10,000 of years - our body is not adapted to such food
- the worst combination is high sugar and high fat diet together, it damages our mitochondria
Worry and stress are far more dangerous to health than anything else. If people quit worrying about what they eat, did some regular exercise and ate sensibly, people would be much healthier. Worry and stress are often factors in poor eating habits. Combine the two and yes, there are consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Worry and stress are far more dangerous to health than anything else.
This is the truth! I was eating right and reversing my metabolic disease but for the last 8 months, I was stressing and worrying constantly from the realization my Government was lying to me and world events. I had a heart attack in Sept.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's keep our solutions basic and realistic enough for everyone. Good diet, certainly. Exercise, yes. NOT drinking, Not smoking not only gives good health but will also save you money so this one is a clear winner.
It is simple once you educate yourself. I'm 63 years old and want to eke out a couple of years of life. I see the broken bridge ahead. I see the healthcare cabal milking people for every penny of their life savings.
I did plenty of reading about cancer and the role of metabolism and mitochondria did come up so often and lately,
This is key! Exercise is great for new mitochondria, and so is fasting because of autophagy. The human body is a wonderful machine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm at risk of cancer, at least in genetics. Both my parents had cancer, and many relatives on both mother and father's side died of cancer.

Naturally, I did plenty of reading about cancer and the role of metabolism and mitochondria did come up so often and lately, there's even studies saying these two things are huge factors to all-cause mortality and not just from cancer but also from cardiovascular disease, etc.

But when you start talking about metabolism and mitochondria, you can't ignore the huge part of exercise in this. Since metabolism and mitochondria is all about energy and there's always two aspects of it. How you're getting that energy like through diet and how you're spending that energy like through exercise.

It's like talking about peanut butter sandwich without talking about peanut butter. It's ridiculous to say the least.

But you just can't have all these. Those ancient hunter-gatherers certainly did not have low-stress lives. Injuries that left marks in their bones are widespread and many died violent deaths from other hunter-gatherers.

Probably one reason these people did not have cancer is they didn't live long enough to have one. I'm not saying they'd have cancer if they lived longer but just saying they're just not living long enough for us to conclude with absolute certainty these people are totally immune from cancer.

In modern times, only small % of people live in low toxin or even toxin-free, clean environments/places. These people tend to be rich. Not all of them but these group are the small minority. This is not because only few people wants to live in clean, toxin-free environments but usually because it's not easy to have such opportunity. It's a huge privilege to have such opportunity.

Not all people can have all these things no matter how bad they want to. Forget about "low stress" or pollution-free environment is simply not possible for many people. It's like saying they're far too stupid for not able to get out of their stressful situation or polluted environment. Maybe they are hopelessly stupid to help themselves but no need to keep reminding them of their inadequacies.

Sadly, even good sleep is not possible for many people. Living next to noisy neighbors, loud roommates, living next to a very busy road. I use ear plugs for this. In the worst case situations, I wear both ear plugs and ear muffs at the same time just so I can sleep in "peace"!

Good sleep ofc but if you live in a noisy environment, consider wearing ear plugs or ear muffs. Train yourself to wear them until you get comfortable with them. Isolated headphones is also a good solution if you also like to listen to white noise or natural sounds.
We need also to remember that Satan is the source of all sickness and disease. We also need to remember that life expectancy, at least in the Western world, is the highest in modern history. This may change as obesity is killing way too many people, suicide also ends too many lives and stress puts a terrible burden on the body.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
We need also to remember that Satan is the source of all sickness and disease. We also need to remember that life expectancy, at least in the Western world, is the highest in modern history. This may change as obesity is killing way too many people, suicide also ends too many lives and stress puts a terrible burden on the body.

Most western countries actually have rising life expectancy. The US is somewhat of an outlier for wealthy western nations.

What I do notice is that among developed nations, those with recent histories of anocracy - so-called "slouching democracies" where norms about the rule of law break down, often accompanied by cynicism and low social trust, mostly all have declining lifespan. Hungary, Poland, and the US, for instance, stand in stark contrast to western Europe, having declining lifespans over the past couple of years.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Some forms of demonic possession, can only be driven away with fasting and prayers. Coincidence?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some forms of demonic possession, can only be driven away with fasting and prayers. Coincidence?
Poor people in those times were probably eating a lot of wheat products, a high carb diet. Also, alcohol was common.

Interestingly, gospels record there were a lot of sick people everywhere Jesus went. Fasting from carbs and all the pesticides and toxins in wheat may be a treatment for many "demonic" illnesses, like schizophrenia or seizures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most western countries actually have rising life expectancy. The US is somewhat of an outlier for wealthy western nations.

What I do notice is that among developed nations, those with recent histories of anocracy - so-called "slouching democracies" where norms about the rule of law break down, often accompanied by cynicism and low social trust, mostly all have declining lifespan. Hungary, Poland, and the US, for instance, stand in stark contrast to western Europe, having declining lifespans over the past couple of years.

I have relatives in couple Western nations.

The ones living in USA seemed the most stressed. Those in Europe, Australia on the other hand, they say, life is easy because education is either free or very affordable up to college. Everyone's got free access to healthcare even if they lose their job and ofc, receive a generous out-of-job assistance from the government. Some of these countries have almost eliminated poverty from its citizens.

In USA, everyone is afraid of socialized systems like in Europe. They fear many will abuse it. However, experience in Europe shows that's not the case among citizens and the system even proved more resilient against recessions because the people always have money to spend.

Ofc, the price of low stress living in many parts of Europe is high taxes. Yet, ironically the system that is dreaded in the USA provides financial security and stability for less.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Poor people in those times were probably eating a lot of wheat products, a high carb diet. Also, alcohol was common.

Interestingly, gospels record there were a lot of sick people everywhere Jesus went. Fasting from carbs may be a treatment for many "demonic" illnesses, like schizophrenia or seizures.

I've always thought there's science behind the methods that Jesus used. The Holy Spirit did lead me to exercise and intermittent fasting. It was quite uncanny but it worked.

I have PTSD and when my PTSD is triggered. I get depressed and suicidal. Our very difficult financial situation and poverty triggers it a lot and often leaves me impaired and I'm unable to work, further worsening our problems.

A few years of lifestyle change, exercise, intermittent fasting (IF), I'm now able to cope with my PTSD better. It did not solve our other problems but at least now I'm less likely to become depressed and turn suicidal whenever my PTSD is triggered.

I think what exercise with IF does is I get a dose of the body's natural endorphins. A natural anti-depressant drug. Even my dreams at night are nice, a lot nicer, even trippy sometimes. If the mind is sick, so does the body I suppose.

I feel terrible and worse if I don't exercise. I know many people feel the opposite about exercise, they probably didn't do it long enough to have the adaptations, some unfortunate underlying physical problems that makes them unable to exercise or something wrong with their the method.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
No. However, Lord Jesus already prayed, fasted an defeated Satan completely. We have the same power and authority as Jesus has. Jesus is our victory. When we see that clearly, dealing with demons is straightforward. We cast them out. The main obstacle to deliverance is lack of cooperation from the sufferer.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Interestingly, gospels record there were a lot of sick people everywhere Jesus went. Fasting from carbs and all the pesticides and toxins in wheat may be a treatment for many "demonic" illnesses, like schizophrenia or seizures.
It is important to know if a mental illness is due to physical illness. However, many supposed mental illnesses are spiritual bondage. There is no pill for demonic oppression. I've seen people completely transformed after being born again and delivered.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need also to remember that Satan is the source of all sickness and disease.
From a Christian point of view, I believe that God has provided everything we need to survive on this planet. Most pharmaceuticals are made from herbs and the ancients used to heal with these herbs. If you delve into nutrition it is the man-made chemicals harming our bodies because it's unnatural. We know satan is a copier and pharmaceuticals copies from creation in most cases..

Somewhere in the bible, it says my people are destroyed through the lack of knowledge and I used to take that as being saved. Two years ago when I found out that most diseases are reversible I realized that it's satans system that is killing, stealing, and destroying people's lives and it was because of lack of knowledge. You don't hear the medical community screaming from the rooftops about this. Why? God is good and our peanut brains can't comprehend His goodness. Be careful who you trust and watch several videos use the God-given thinking brain and make your own decisions. Don't trust your assumptions.s. Be Blessed

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most western countries actually have rising life expectancy.
Who wants to live with dementia, Alzheimer's (or type 3 diabetes), and all the other metabolic diseases? When I can have a long life naturally which is science proven.

Upvote 0