OHIO. home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"They’re compiling lists of advertisers who don’t want to be heard on Limbaugh’s show. This is the same blueprint they followed with Beck; they tried to silence him by cutting off advertising dollars after Beck said that Obama had “a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

Hmm. So they are using their freedom of speech to try and convince advertisers not to advertise on his show? Sounds extremely American to me.
People are not doing it. a group who disagrees with him is. Its a group or intity trying to squelch free speach. YOu dont try to get rid of people who you disagree with. Again this isnt regular people but a group that is trying by means of specific measures trying to get him off the air becasue he speaks against what they think. They are cowards.

Upvote 0
P

Publius

People are not doing it. a group who disagrees with him is. Its a group or intity trying to squelch free speach. YOu dont try to get rid of people who you disagree with. Again this isnt regular people but a group that is trying by means of specific measures trying to get him off the air becasue he speaks against what they think. They are cowards.

And that's another good point. They're not outraged by what he said. If they were, then they'd have been equally outraged by what many on the Left have said about conservative and Republican women.

No, they're a group that disagrees with him because of his politics and this is just a convenient excuse for them to try to silence him because they know they can't defeat him in the arena of ideas.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Schroeder - a group is simply a collection of people. And this group of people are using their free speech rights to complain about the speech of another American. This group of individuals is not trying to get the government to take Rush off the air - that would be completely unamerican. But it is quintessentially American to use nongovernmental means to make your ideas heard. And their idea is that Rush shouldn't get paid for his speech.

As it turns out, we all have a right to free speech. But we don't have a right to have a radio station broadcast that speech. The free market determines whether that happens. And Media Matters is trying to convince the free market that it should not support Rush. Very American.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

squelch?

:D

Looks like you do not agree with free speech for all.

Why am I not surprised?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Schroeder - a group is simply a collection of people. And this group of people are using their free speech rights to complain about the speech of another American. This group of individuals is not trying to get the government to take Rush off the air - that would be completely unamerican. But it is quintessentially American to use nongovernmental means to make your ideas heard. And their idea is that Rush shouldn't get paid for his speech.

As it turns out, we all have a right to free speech. But we don't have a right to have a radio station broadcast that speech. The free market determines whether that happens. And Media Matters is trying to convince the free market that it should not support Rush. Very American.

Agreed. I must say, I get tired of the "but they are trying to get rid of free speech" comments. You have a right to say what you want but you don't have the right to not be fired because of what you say. You don't have the right to not be criticized for what you say.

Participating on CF is a good example of that -- there are a number of things that I can't say in my posts because of CF's rules -- but that has nothing to do with my right of Free Speech because it is not the government censoring my speech.

It is also ironic that for all those using Bill Maher as an example of a double standard -- they do realize that Maher was fired from his job on ABC several years ago for comments he made?

Upvote 0

Suomipoika

Vito Corleone
Dec 3, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
✟23,288.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Except the whole link between this White House and MM (see my previous post).

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No, again I NEVER said I did. I also didn't realize their were exceptions to the rule.

No individual is excepted. All collectivities are. A person has a heart. A nation does not.

Are you saying that Jesus' teaching aren't practical?

Practical? No, I don't think they are practical. I don't think they were meant to be. Plucking out your own eye if you lust, doesn't seem pragmatic to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Those meanies at Media Matters are hurting his feelings

Doesn't appear to be the case at all. What did he say that makes you think his feelings are hurt?

Oh he didn't trespass against me,

Then why would you think you have something to forgive him for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, that's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it is that the people who condemn Limbaugh for these alleged personal attacks lose any moral high ground they might have had when they turn around and do the same thing they just condemned him for.

They become no better than the one they condemn. The only difference is that they'll sit around and pat one another on the back and then claim that it's "different" when they do it.
Hey, call me a hypocrite then. At least I don't cry persecution when the fundy-right boycotts entities with whom I strongly agree. There are constantly boycotts from the right. I don't like them doing it, but they have the right to do it.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, that's one way to look at it.

Another way to look at it is that the people who condemn Limbaugh for these alleged personal attacks lose any moral high ground they might have had when they turn around and do the same thing they just condemned him for.

They become no better than the one they condemn. The only difference is that they'll sit around and pat one another on the back and then claim that it's "different" when they do it.

And Limbaugh and allies do the exact same thing, so...?

Upvote 0