Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"They’re compiling lists of advertisers who don’t want to be heard on Limbaugh’s show. This is the same blueprint they followed with Beck; they tried to silence him by cutting off advertising dollars after Beck said that Obama had “a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

Hmm. So they are using their freedom of speech to try and convince advertisers not to advertise on his show? Sounds extremely American to me.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Rush Limbaugh is the spirit of America. He is the wellspring from which all that is American flows. He's also very sensitive and mustn't have any mean things said about him or it'll hurt his feelings :( :( :(
After all, we don't want him to relapse.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Hey, someone used the same word in a common metaphorical way to say that an individual would take whatever position their funders told them to on any issue. That's totally the same as spending three days using that same word to actually say that a young college student was literally being promiscuous."

Though for the record, I don't like Ed. I'd personally like all the pundits who use that kind of hyperbolic language to end up off the air.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"They’re compiling lists of advertisers who don’t want to be heard on Limbaugh’s show. This is the same blueprint they followed with Beck; they tried to silence him by cutting off advertising dollars after Beck said that Obama had “a deep-seated hatred for white people.”

Hmm. So they are using their freedom of speech to try and convince advertisers not to advertise on his show? Sounds extremely American to me.

It is "un-American" because it is against a right-wing conservative pundit. It would be "patriotic" if it was against a coffee-sipping, elitist, academic liberal.

Reactions: JustMeSee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It is "un-American" because it is against a right-wing conservative pundit. It would be "patriotic" if it was against a coffee-sipping, elitist, academic liberal.
Just wondering... Do right-wing conservatives gulp their coffee? If so I'm gonna have to change my habits.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Typical liberal response. If a conservative says nasty things, try and get him of the air. Not because you care about some poor woman, but because it is a "gift" to be used to attempt you silence him.

When liberals say more vile things liberals applaud, the media says nothing unless there is too much stink to make it go away. Conservatives accept appologies and say we don't want to shut them up. Let them keep talking.:yum: Mean while they can keep spouting about wanting Beck to blow his brains out and watch the video of it, or Rush having kidney failure.

So it's all about silencing opposition because in the public debate, liberals lose when the issues are made clear. So just pass the bill so we can see what's in it, mmm-kay? Never mind the man behind the curtain.

Upvote 0

purpledolphin8402

Feb 10, 2010
United States
✟8,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Typical liberal response. If a conservative says nasty things, try and get him of the air. Not because you care about some poor woman, but because it is a "gift" to be used to attempt you silence him.

When liberals say more vile things liberals applaud, the media says nothing unless there is too much stink to make it go away. Conservatives accept appologies and say we don't want to shut them up. Let them keep talking.:yum: Mean while they can keep spouting about wanting Beck to blow his brains out and watch the video of it, or Rush having kidney failure.

So it's all about silencing opposition because in the public debate, liberals lose when the issues are made clear. So just pass the bill so we can see what's in it, mmm-kay? Never mind the man behind the curtain.

I've actually never said anything like that about Limbaugh or Beck, but thanks for making generalizations. The fact is, companies who sponsor radio and or television shows have every right to pull their advertising when they don't agree with message that has been said and don't want it to reflect on their company. Pepsi has fired musicians before for getting into trouble and they didn't want that associated with their product. Companies can do that on both sides regardless of if it's a Republican or a Democrat they're pulling their advertising from. It's within their rights to do so. To force companies to endorse and sponsor someone they feel did something that reflects poorly on their company is what's "un-American."

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Funny, I see conservative groups trying to "shut up" what they view as "liberal" programs all the time. From the American Family Association with their boycotts of sponsors of TV shows they don't approve of; Focus on the Family boycotts of companies such as Procter and Gamble, Wells Fargo, Kraft, Walgreens, and others because they believe those companies support gay rights; etc.

If anything, conservative groups try to organize boycotts at least as often as liberals, if not more. There was boycott of Disney for close to a decade by the Southern Baptist Convention and other conservative groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just wondering... Do right-wing conservatives gulp their coffee? If so I'm gonna have to change my habits.

I am pretty sure they don't sip! And they stay at least 10 miles away from any Starbucks :)

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Rush Limbaugh is the spirit of America. He is the wellspring from which all that is American flows. He's also very sensitive and mustn't have any mean things said about him or it'll hurt his feelings :( :( :(

And he might pull a Boehner and cry!

abc_john_boehner_101213_main_width_600x.jpeg

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Typical liberal response.

Typical conservative response. If you don't like Rush Limbaugh and want him off the air, you must be an un-American liberal, 'cause when liberals don't like conservative radio/TV, they are un-American, but when conservatives do the exact same thing they are patriots!

Upvote 0